Team-BHP - Porsche 911 Sport Classic!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The International Automotive Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/international-automotive-scene/)
-   -   Porsche 911 Sport Classic! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/international-automotive-scene/64760-porsche-911-sport-classic.html)

Porsche 911 Sport Classic: You Asked for it, Updated Album with 40 Photos - Carscoop
Porsche goes all retro!!
Presenting the Sport Classic with classic ducktail rear spoiler!!
Enjoy

This is pure bliss!!:thumbs up
Porsche 911 Sport Classic!-porsche911sportclassic1.jpg

Porsche 911 Sport Classic!-porsche911sportclassic22.jpg

Porsche 911 Sport Classic!-porsche911sportclassic3.jpg

Porsche 911 Sport Classic!-porsche911sportclassic11.jpg

Porsche 911 Sport Classic!-porsche911sportclassic2.jpg

Porsche 911 Sport Classic!-porsche911sportclassic7.jpg

Porsche 911 Sport Classic!-porsche911sportclassic9.jpg

Porsche 911 Sport Classic!-porsche911sportclassic4.jpg

Good ol' look & blinky tail lamps there!! Didn't like the wheels though, could have done better :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by ?ushk@r (Post 1465167)
Didn't like the wheels though, could have done better :)

They are trying to replicate the forged Fuchs wheels that used to come on the older Porsches as standard.

The 911 will always be the 911, whether Sport classic or not.Sweet as ever! I agree that the wheels could have been better looking.

This car harks back the good ol' 2.7 carrera RS.Wheels are an awesome replication IMO

I wish they would have given the "tea-tray spoiler".Those Fuchs-esque well look good though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ?ushk@r (Post 1465167)
Good ol' look & blinky tail lamps there!! Didn't like the wheels though, could have done better :)

They look like painted Corolla rims :uncontrol

Its beautiful and all, but 250000$ ??? Way way way over priced, only for super loaded diehard porschephiles

reminds me of Robert Redfords car in Spycame.
This sure has the retro look.

Man! this is sweet....harks back to purity in car design...Sigh! wish I could own one, but doesnt look so in this lifetime at least.... :(

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nitin (Post 1465257)
The 911 will always be the 911, whether Sport classic or not.Sweet as ever!

You bet. This car is awesome. It's the yardstick when it comes to sports cars. There will be imitations. Some will be just as good. But, the 911 will always be the king. I love this car deeply and I don't mind the wheels either. :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by AyAn! (Post 1465268)
This car harks back the good ol' 2.7 carrera RS.Wheels are an awesome replication IMO

Rightly identified brother. It is a replica of the 1972 2.7 Carrera lightweight model. The wheels ape the fuchs alloys, the spoiler is identical, so are the twin stripes. They could have gone the whole hog and added the "carrera" stickering on the sides too.

Porsche 911 Sport Classic!-porsche-911-2.7-carrera-rs.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by avishar (Post 1465293)
I wish they would have given the "tea-tray spoiler".Those Fuchs-esque well look good though.

The tea tray would have made the car look like a mishmash of the RS and the 1980 Turbo (the actual car that had the tea tray), wouldnt it?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fountainheader (Post 1465722)
They look like painted Corolla rims

Sacrilege, o ye Porschephiles!:D

Quote:

Originally Posted by hillram (Post 1466038)
reminds me of Robert Redfords car in Spycame.
This sure has the retro look.

Err, Robert Redford's car in Spy Game was acutally a Porsche 912.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aditya (Post 1466099)
You bet. This car is awesome. It's the yardstick when it comes to sports cars. There will be imitations. Some will be just as good. But, the 911 will always be the king.

Amen to that.clap:

Absolutely stunning. Takes you right into the retro 911 days. What a looker she is and yes I also love the wheels. Its a Porsche after all :)

Ah! I've absolutely fallen for this car.
Frankfurt Preview: Limited-edition Porsche 911 Sport Classic marks return of the ducktail — Autoblog
Porsche has been building limited-edition 911s almost as long as it has been building the rear-engined wundercar, and the upcoming Frankfurt Motor Show will see the launch of yet another. The new 911 Sport Classic you see before you has been tweaked by Stuttgart's Porsche Exclusive in-house customizing department, and suddenly our upcoming trip to Germany looks a lot brighter.

Fortunately for enthusiasts, when Porsche says special, they mean it – this far more than just a tape and body kit job. Changes to the Sport Classic Grey model start at the nose with a revised fascia and take off from there. Up top, the roof panel receives a double-bubble treatment: a pair of domes above the driver and passenger with a channel down the middle. At the rear, the ducktail spoiler from the legendary the Carrera RS 2.7 makes its first appearance on a modern 911 and is flanked by even wider rear fenders to enclose the SC's extended track.

Porsche has seen fit to include some mechanical goodness as well. Under that charismatic ducktail, a new intake manifold with flaps that control the runner lengths adds 23 horsepower to the normally aspirated flat-six, bringing the headcount to 403. Carbon ceramic brakes are enclosed in special Fuchs-style 19-inch wheels designed that evoke the last 911SC of the late Seventies and early Eighties, and the whole package lurks closer to the ground thanks to the inclusion of PASM sport suspension.

The interior hasn't been ignored either, with various bits being finished in Espresso Nature natural leather and the use of new materials to the marque, including woven leather/yarn seat panels.

Of course, also following firmly in company tradition is the Sport Classic's premium price. Just 250 examples will be built and we don't imagine Porsche will have any trouble clearing its decks – even though it is priced at a tidy €169,300 ($240,702 USD) – before any applicable value added taxes. It may be extraordinarily dear, but we still want one in the worst way. It isn't immediately clear if the 911 SC will be made available in the U.S., but either way, Porsche is seemingly aware that we don't have that many spare samoleans rolling around in our bank accounts. As such, Porsche Design Driver's Selection has thoughtfully developed a line of accessories inspired by the new SC, including a polo shirt, cap, a 1:43 scale diecast, and – wait for it – a personalized lanyard. Perhaps we can afford one of those.
Some more pics-
Porsche 911 Sport Classic!-porsche911sportclassic41.jpg
Porsche 911 Sport Classic!-porsche911sportclassic2.jpg
Porsche 911 Sport Classic!-porsche911sportclassic11.jpg

Double bubble roof is a Zagato trademark.Looks amazing,it should be availabe in white with carrera lettering on its side.Would look swell.