Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd October 2004, 22:43   #1
BHPian

....guys just see this video and tell, first the news about a chinese guy getting help of donkeys to drag his 7 series, now just see this video, its a news report...

just right click and hit save target as

http://voodoo.theddrzone.com/images/...ries_probs.wmv
Old 2nd October 2004, 23:35   #2
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Hey Brabus,

Nice video - Thanks for sharing. The BMW 7 series, especially the earlier rollouts, are known disasters. That just compliments the problems of the other problematic German car manufacturer - Mercedes! Luckily for BMW, their problems as of right now are restricted only to the 7 series, while Mercedes is suffering across its entire model range.

GTO
Old 2nd October 2004, 23:45   #3
Senior - BHPian

I cant see the vdo.Can just hear the audio......
Help sum1!!
X
Old 3rd October 2004, 02:11   #4
BHPian

I know its a nice video, but I have to say this is only on the earlier rollout and since then BMW has correct quite a lot of issues with the 7, I can imagine what these guys must be going through, but now the new 03s 04s and so on dont have that many problems, that was the reason the 7 started off slow and it cought on and has been gaining ever since, I think in sales it has only gained..I spoke with a 7 owner the otherday in barnes and nobel and the guy told me its a beauti and he doesnt have a single problem with the car..

so surely 7 started off disastrous but ppl have warmed up to it now..in terms of both looks as well as realised that it was an early rollout problem..

Cheers
Old 3rd October 2004, 02:12   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (X-Machine @ Oct. 02 2004,11:15)]I cant see the vdo.Can just hear the audio......
Help sum1!!
X
try downloading the latest windows media player..9 or 10 whichever one is out..
Old 3rd October 2004, 02:20   #6
Senior - BHPian

I already have the V10.But it was not playing.With a few changes here n there finally i could see the video.
But as said this is one of the early 7series production problems.And people have realised that.
Moreover,i still have to admit,that i still like the 7series.
X

Old 3rd October 2004, 02:42   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (X-Machine @ Oct. 02 2004,13:50)]Moreover,i still have to admit,that i still like the 7series.
X
I Looooooooooveeee the 7 man..its an awesome machine..so elegant and beautiful..for now 7 over an S..is my pick, but surely both the companies have been facing a lot of difficulties, not many ppl know how many problems BMW faced with the 01 and 02 M3 engines, they were pathetic..tons and tons of issues..so things keep happening, a lot has happened but unfortunetly the companies are not able to keep up with technologies, they surely put it in, but dont thoroughly test, its a shame..everyone wants to be in the market before time...

anyhow..i sort of know that teh new 7s are better, so hope to get that someday..

But yeah merc and bmw need to re-demonstrate the build quality they use to be famous for..

Old 3rd October 2004, 09:57   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (GTO @ Oct. 02 2004,22:05)]Hey Brabus,

Nice video - Thanks for sharing. The BMW 7 series, especially the earlier rollouts, are known disasters. That just compliments the problems of the other problematic German car manufacturer - Mercedes! Luckily for BMW, their problems as of right now are restricted only to the 7 series, while Mercedes is suffering across its entire model range.

GTO
Hey... am so surprised to hear problems with the mercs, here in aus i've never heard of so much problems and i don't think it will have probs like this 7 had...

u guys are tellin the prob with the 7 series are limited to their early models right??? might be, but here, many customers are still complaning for their new 04 7 series.

am workin in an auto consultancy, so when i get more articles on this i will post....

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks