Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th November 2009, 16:11   #1
Team-BHP Support

All new mid-engined Porsche on its way!

Porsche is set to introduce an all new mid-engined sports car by 2012-2013!

There isn't much information and the photographs are just artists' renderings so nothing is clear and concrete as of now.

Rumor has it that this car would be based on an all new platform that it will share with Audi and VW! Rumor also has it that this new car would be propelled by a 2.0 liter, 4 pot motor placed between the driver and the rear axle. This motor is said to churn out around 200 horses and would manage a top speed of around 250 km/h and also manage acceleration times of around 6-7 seconds (0-100 km/h)

Apparently, the car would sport a price tag of around 35-40 thousand pounds when launched!

Many say that this is Porsche's replacement for the classic mid-engined 914!

Some even say that it would pay homage to the amazingly beautiful 356 Speedster.

Only time will tell!

P.S. Apparently there is an Audi 'R4' on it's way and VW's BlueSport and these cars are also based on the same platform as the new Porsche.
Attached Thumbnails
All new mid-engined Porsche on its way!-volksporsche.jpg  

All new mid-engined Porsche on its way!-audi_r4_rt_01.jpg  

All new mid-engined Porsche on its way!-vwf34750.jpg  

Old 30th November 2009, 17:43   #2
BHPian

I am sure this move must be by Audi. A 2.0 litre Porsche will only lower the value of a Porsche. The exclusivity factor will fade. Porsche should only be a niche player and keep its name amongst ferrari and lambo as it does. A 2.0 litre is not a good news for me, IMHO.
Old 30th November 2009, 18:27   #3
Senior - BHPian

I hope not. This will be sacrilege, Porsche fans will never forgive the VW group.

They can play all games with other +10 brands but leave alone the Lambos and Porsches
Old 30th November 2009, 18:47   #4
Team-BHP Support

If I had my way, I'd shelve the Cayenne and the Panamera completely!

I know that these cars have helped Porsche establish themselves in various markets (India for example) and that the Cayenne is one of the largest selling cars in their stable at the moment, but Porsches should be fairly exclusive and yet, not shout about it like the way a Ferrari or a Lamborghini does.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks