Old 2nd August 2010, 21:46   #16
Senior - BHPian

Ford officially sells Volvo to Geely for $1.8b

BREAKING: Ford officially sells Volvo to Geely for $1.8b — Autoblog
Old 5th December 2010, 21:26   #17
Team-BHP Support

Clashes between Volvo management and Geely

Read in FT that

1:While Geely wants to build up to three Chinese plants to profit from that country’s rocketing car sales, Volvo’s Gothenburg-based management want to build a solid business case before expanding.

2: Two Chinese cities helped Geely to finance the $1.5bn deal in expectation that Volvo would build car or engine plants under discussion in their regions.

3: Although China is now a larger vehicle market than the US. Volvo managers want to form a clear business case for the plants, and know how they will be financed before proceeding.

Cant produce article but above is asummary
Old 6th December 2010, 01:06   #18
Senior - BHPian

Whats all the fuss about really ?. Why is Volvo seen in such a poor light just because it's being taken over by a Chinese Company. If for any reason, it has to be only good for Volvo and its loyal customers. I'm sure now a Volvo could be had at real competitive prices.

The same sentiments were shared by people when Tata had bought Jaguar's. Jaguar was also seen in poor light because it was going to owned by an Indian company. But guess what, Jaguar is doing much better now. So chill guy's, the Chinese are also not so bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjunrudra View Post
Isnt this real Bad new for the current Volvo owners and also the prospective ones. I really dont see any good chinese car company.
Just when the s80 was growing on me.
No not at all. This can't be bad news for Volvo especially after seeing their current lineups. Just be glad now we can probably get cheaper Volvo's(cheaper by price only) I don't think they will play with the core safety values of a Volvo.

Last edited by Amartya : 6th December 2010 at 10:27. Reason: Back to back posts within 20 mins.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks