Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th December 2009, 22:04   #1
Senior - BHPian

Honda Accord Crosstour, Civic hatchback & Type-R for UAE

Honda will not be taking part in the 2009 Dubai Motor Show. However, they have chosen instead to showcase their upcoming GCC-spec models for next year at a press event next week. The new models consist of the marque’s funkiest models, in what looks like an attempt to inject some excitement into an otherwise boring UAE line-up of family cars.

The new models will include the recently-unveiled Honda Accord Crosstour, the long-running Honda Civic 5-door hatchback, and the Honda Civic Type-R.

While the Accord Crosstour crossover is all-new and built in North America, the Civic hatchback has been built in the United Kingdom since 2006, and it is likely that the Type-R will also be the British hatchback version instead of the Japanese sedan one. Also, Honda will make available various Mugen aftermarket tuning options for all models.

Update: The Honda Civic 5-door and the Euro Type-R hatchback will go on sale in March 2010, while the Accord Crosstour will follow in July. Optional dealer-fitted Mugen body kits and wheels for the existing Civic sedan and Accord sedan will be available from February. The Civic hatchback will only be available in top-of-the-line trim, at around Dhs 90,000. The Type-R may go for between Dhs 110,000 or higher. All prices are still being decided.

Honda says

‘We believe Honda’s popularity will grow considerably when we launch the Civic Type R, the Civic 5-door and the Accord Crosstour in the region,’ according to Shunichi Uchida, General Manager of Honda Motor Co. Middle East Office.

Honda Accord Crosstour, Civic hatchback & Type-R for UAE | Drive Arabia : Dubai / Abu Dhabi [UAE, Saudi, Bahrain, Qatar, Kuwait, Oman & GCC]

guys get your cheque books ready!!
Attached Thumbnails
Honda Accord Crosstour, Civic hatchback & Type-R for UAE-2010hondaaccordcrosstour1450.jpg  

Honda Accord Crosstour, Civic hatchback & Type-R for UAE-accord_crosstour_1.jpg  

Honda Accord Crosstour, Civic hatchback & Type-R for UAE-civic_5dr_cmykcopy.jpg  

Honda Accord Crosstour, Civic hatchback & Type-R for UAE-hondacivichatchback.jpg  

Honda Accord Crosstour, Civic hatchback & Type-R for UAE-civictyper1.jpg  

Attached Images

Old 30th December 2009, 22:30   #2
Senior - BHPian

I wish the Civic hatchback comes to India. What a car! What a stunning design!
OTOH I hate the design of the Crosstour. Everything is just ugly!
Old 30th December 2009, 23:16   #3
BHPian

Wow!! The Civic hatchback is stunning. Kudos to the design team.

Wish it comes to India at affordable price.
Old 30th December 2009, 23:26   #4
BHPian

Civic looks awesome.

@ Parm. Thanks for sharing.
Old 31st December 2009, 00:06   #5
BHPian

Accord crosstour is ugly. . Somehow the front grill design reminds me of Cadillac.
Civic hatchback - you beauty!
Old 31st December 2009, 00:49   #6
Senior - BHPian

i dont care about the accord station wagon, but its the Type R for me!
Old 31st December 2009, 21:12   #7
BHPian

Is it displayed at the DFC showroom?
Old 31st December 2009, 22:27   #8
Senior - BHPian

man that crosstour is UGLY! The civic hatch however is nice, love the triangular design!
Old 1st January 2010, 00:43   #9
Team-BHP Support

Wasn't this Civic Hatch launched way back in '06-'07? If I remember correctly, it was followed a couple of moths later, by the Type-S and then the Type-R.

This is the Euro-spec Civic and will never make it into India. We will continue to get the JDM Civic which is vastly different from the Euro-Civic and not very different from the Civic in the US!

P.S. That Accord hatch or whatever it is looks terribly hideous and I wish they never make it (If they already have, then I hope they shelve it!), let alone sell it in India!

EDIT: Sorry, my bad! Hadn't read your piece completely Parm! You have indeed mentioned that this Civic dates back to '06!

Last edited by suhaas307 : 1st January 2010 at 00:44.
Old 7th August 2011, 20:48   #10
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Honda Accord Crosstour, Civic hatchback & Type-R for UAE

"Honda Accord Crosstour is expected to make a comeback in 2012. But new reports suggest that Honda no longer wants to associate the name Accord with Crosstour. So, new Accord Crosstour will be only known as Crosstour minus the Accord tag. This change of name has come within two years of Accord Crosstour's US launch."
Honda drops Accord from new Accord Crosstour, to be known as just Crosstour | Rush Lane

Cheers!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks