Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th January 2010, 22:38   #16
BHPian

Next Chevy Aveo to be showcased in 2010 Detroit Motor Show - which starts next week

Guys,

The Chevy AVEO concept is up for display at the Detroit Motor Show starting next week. It has just been leaked and there are a multitude of photos at Chevrolet Aveo Rs Concept — Autoblog

I have taken the liberty of pasting a picture below. Since GM maintained the purity of the Beat concept to production, it is very likely that our next Aveo will look very similar.

Front
New Chevy Aveo RS concept shown at Detroit Auto Show-aveo-front.jpg

Back
New Chevy Aveo RS concept shown at Detroit Auto Show-aveo-back.jpg

Interior
New Chevy Aveo RS concept shown at Detroit Auto Show-aveo-interior.jpg
Old 8th January 2010, 23:03   #17
Team-BHP Support

Man this car looks fantastic. Just love the sharp curves. It has design cues of the Beat and the CRuze.

Interiors look very spacious.

Just too good.
Old 8th January 2010, 23:07   #18
Senior - BHPian

Exterior design looks very good. The interior though is tacky and I dont think you can live with it everyday. Reminds me of the Pontiacs, no smooth and clean design.
Old 9th January 2010, 00:49   #19
Senior - BHPian

Now this is a fantastic car. Looks aggressive - I love it! Even the interiors are nice!

Stunner.

btw, I hope they keep the interiors black for the Indian version too and a stonking engine to match the looks.

Last edited by anekho : 9th January 2010 at 00:51.
Old 9th January 2010, 01:13   #20
Senior - BHPian

i liked it. going on a beat way. interiors seems to be copied from Ford Fiesta( EU)
Old 9th January 2010, 01:14   #21
BHPian

That is another car from GM. These are in a serious recovery mode. If this is a replacement fro UVA or Aveo (hatch), then what about the Aveo5 that was expected sometime back. Has it been scrapped?

This looks to be a new car altogether and should not be considered a successor of UVA IMHO :-)
Old 9th January 2010, 02:18   #22

If they give the car as it is in the Pictures, I will eat a bowl of cauliflower. I love that center exhaust thingy!!
Old 9th January 2010, 02:21   #23
BHPian

It is without doubt a decent improvement over the ageing Aveo. Hope this helps GM revive the sales in India too. I always felt Aveo was a nice little, peppy car!
Now I wonder what would the sedan version look like?
Old 9th January 2010, 03:28   #24
Senior - BHPian

I see some lines from the Merc A-class. Sporty and it does have some character. Might work with the urban lot,where smaller cars seem to be more popular these days.
Old 9th January 2010, 04:42   #25
BHPian

wow. is it me or is GM getting better than most in design dept of mainstream cars.and is this coming to India soon?
Old 20th January 2010, 14:58   #26
BHPian

What a work of art - Now we're getting some seriously good looking cars.
GM cars were never bad lookers with the exception of probably the existing
U/VA. But this one is mind-blowing! Launch it as a 1.6 superhatch with the same killer prices and bye bye swift, jazz , i20 , vista etc etc. Even better looking than the polo which is my favourite for its simple looks just for the fact that the designer has managed to keep it looking beautiful with all the right touches and without going overboard like most of the other hatches.
Way to go , GM! Now that the Beat is here, almost a given this car is coming to India. Or is it? And what interiors - You've got some designer on your payroll.
Don't waste any time and bring it here before VW plays Polo and Golf with all the money they are going to make in India.
Maruti should make a swift exit , Honda should get less jazzy and Hyundai should really look to pack more than meets the current i.If the beat does not beat , this one certainly will!
Old 20th January 2010, 18:09   #27
Team-BHP Support

2011 Chevrolet Aveo U-VA ? Spy pics!

Mods: Searched the forum for a relevant thread, but couldn't find any. Hence starting a new one. Please merge if thread already exists.

Ran into some spy pics of the new U-VA (Aveo in other markets). They seem to be testing it at the Nurburgring circuit.

Looks like a big brother to the Beat. Design similarities include the rear door handle, the split grill, the similar rear section. Interiors also seem to be very similar. Looks good to my eyes!

New Chevy Aveo RS concept shown at Detroit Auto Show-chevroletmysteryhatchbackspyshots003_100196779_l.jpg
New Chevy Aveo RS concept shown at Detroit Auto Show-chevroletmysteryhatchbackspyshots008_100196775_l.jpg

The RS concept which they claim hints at the new Aveo. Seems to match with the spy pics except for the wheels and the bling!

New Chevy Aveo RS concept shown at Detroit Auto Show-chevrolet_aveo_418_1024x768.jpg
New Chevy Aveo RS concept shown at Detroit Auto Show-chevrolet_aveo_420_1024x768.jpg
New Chevy Aveo RS concept shown at Detroit Auto Show-chevrolet_aveo_421_1024x768.jpg
New Chevy Aveo RS concept shown at Detroit Auto Show-chevrolet_aveo_425_1024x768.jpg
Hopefully, this will also come to India soon, as did the beat! With competitive pricing, they can take the i20 and Jazz head-on!

(Source:
Spy shots: Next-gen Chevrolet Aveo delayed until January 2011 - MotorAuthority
Chevrolet aveo rs show car , press release)

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 20th January 2010 at 18:20.
Old 20th January 2010, 18:24   #28
BHPian

Chevrolet (GM) seems to be doing all the right things in India. It is the company to watch out in the next couple of years. They can really make it big in India
The UVA seems to be a good design and can take on the competition from i20 or Polo really well.
Old 20th January 2010, 18:26   #29
BHPian

Great news.. Great design. Hope that we get this beast India too. Folks, please have a notice on GM's Indian test areas, for its Indian avatar.
A product to be waited for..
Old 20th January 2010, 19:22   #30
BHPian

I am trading in my old UVA for this... once its launched

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks