Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th September 2005, 00:30   #1
BHPian

New Honda Legend ( ****56k watch out)

This is the new honda legend which is already for sale in North America (Acura RL) and in Japan

it has 3.5L V6 pushing out 300hp and har SH-AWD(Super Handling All Wheel Drive) and lots of other toys
enjoy the pics....

Old 18th September 2005, 00:44   #2
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

neat looking V6 there..specially the tail lamps and the interiors look fab..the IR reception system is 1 feature we indians need badly..any idea if there are any such aftermarket stuff compatible to indian cars..
Old 18th September 2005, 00:55   #3
BHPian

What is the price range that this car belongs to. Looks wise it looks great and obviouly the toys are cool too
Old 18th September 2005, 00:58   #4
BHPian

What is the price range that this car belongs to. Looks wise it looks great and obviouly the toys are cool too .

And mclaren1885: I have not heard of IR as an aftre market setup. I am sure if the technology comes in and people get to know about it, the demand will shoot up.

Just curious...what is 56K within the title

Last edited by nishant_kingpin : 18th September 2005 at 01:05.
Old 18th September 2005, 01:13   #5
Senior - BHPian

Woow, Wonderful car. Looks too good inside out. I am sure this if comes to India can easily whip out any C,E,S Classes but the Accord is already doing that!

Way too many buttons in the inside more then Some Mercs as well! Indeed a legend!

By the way whats 56K? Maybe the legend killer!
Old 18th September 2005, 01:48   #6
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishant_kingpin
What is the price range that this car belongs to.
The Acura RL starts at 50,000$ here in the US.
I wonder why Honda doesnt maintain the Acura line name in Europe. Even the Accord there is an Acura TL.
The interiors of this car are splended! The night vision just blew my mind!
@BUSA - It can surely whip the C-class and give the E-class a biggg run for its money, if it gets into production in India. But your comparing it to the S-Class! Thats in a totally different league my friend, this car doesnt even come close to it.
But I seriously think Honda should launch the Acura line here, models like the TL and RL or even the TSX will really shake up the luxury car segment in India.
Its high time auto makers start bringing their luxury lines to India, I think it will be wiser of Nisaan to launch only the Infiniti segment in India similar to what Honda did with Acura in europe. Infiniti models such as the FX and G35 will create an entirly new market here.

Last edited by Sahil : 18th September 2005 at 02:01.
Old 18th September 2005, 03:26   #7
Senior - BHPian

RL is not doing well in comparison to the infiniti M35s and the Lexus GS300, i Perfer the later 2 myself..for luxo feel go with GS and for sporty cum luxo feel with the M35..the RL is practically forgotten here...

Anyhow the TL is not european accord it TSX, only country where TL is available is US and may be canada..

I drove the TL to replace my Infiniti G, but it was a bad drive...might be something to do with the RWD vs FWD but G is soo much sportier..TL on the other hand had an awesome interior trim with few plastic parts and an amazinig NAV..

Last edited by 1Day : 18th September 2005 at 03:30.
Old 18th September 2005, 03:57   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil
I think it will be wiser of Nisaan to launch only the Infiniti segment in India similar to what Honda did with Acura in europe. Infiniti models such as the FX and G35 will create an entirly new market here.
G would come in the E class price range @ around 32-36lkhs and the FX would b round 40-45Lkhs so it would b difficult 2 compete with the mercedes brand image in a regular indian's mindset..
Old 18th September 2005, 11:35   #9
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Day
G would come in the E class price range @ around 32-36lkhs and the FX would b round 40-45Lkhs so it would b difficult 2 compete with the mercedes brand image in a regular indian's mindset..
Not quite, yes if the cars come in as CBU they will fall into that price range. By launching i meant being produced in India as CKDs. Since they cost around 35k in the US that would make them fall into the 20lac+ range if produced in India itself. At that prices the G would definatly out sell the C-class and the Skoda superb as it has a v6 engine with BHP in the upper 200 mark! The FX would kill the Prado or other imports like the X-Trail(Getting the FX as a launchpad for Nissan in India would have greated a much bigger impact imo) it could even eat into the Vitara,endeavour and CRV as customers would upgrade to an FX after owning one of those...atleast I definatly would replace my endeavour for the FX if it were avaible locally.
Old 18th September 2005, 23:28   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil
Not quite, yes if the cars come in as CBU they will fall into that price range. By launching i meant being produced in India as CKDs. Since they cost around 35k in the US that would make them fall into the 20lac+ range if produced in India itself. At that prices the G would definatly out sell the C-class and the Skoda superb as it has a v6 engine with BHP in the upper 200 mark! The FX would kill the Prado or other imports like the X-Trail(Getting the FX as a launchpad for Nissan in India would have greated a much bigger impact imo) it could even eat into the Vitara,endeavour and CRV as customers would upgrade to an FX after owning one of those...atleast I definatly would replace my endeavour for the FX if it were avaible locally.
I really dont know about the 20 lakh mark since the accord which is 25k-27k V6 which comes in india for 18.5 lakhs how can a car costing almost 1.5 times come in 20? if they produced it here(not much volume there) then it would still be in 25-27lakh for G and 30-32lakh for the FX, FX35s are 40k base and then your options..

but yes i agree, these 2 machines are soo sexy that it is criminal, see a black/berillium/orange FX and they are to die for...and G what can I say, I am biased..

But here I am assuming accord is CKU since it seems soo cheap compared to other vehicle pricing..

Last edited by 1Day : 18th September 2005 at 23:30.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks