Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th September 2005, 01:31   #1
BHPian

New Honda Accord Launched ???

Well guys if i am not mistaken the New Accord is launched in the US(possibly in the other parts of the world as well) coz when i visited the Honda website ,instead of the current one what i find is the all new accord(interiors and the rear end is totally diff) along with the prices and the pics ....
Here is the link ...
http://automobiles.honda.com/models/...e=Accord+Sedan

Mods : if this topic is already discussed then please merge the threads .
Old 19th September 2005, 01:38   #2
Senior - BHPian

Slightly Mondeo-esque rear, mostly on account of the tail light cluster. Otherwise, its yaaaaawwwwnnn
Old 19th September 2005, 01:51   #3
BHPian

hmm... another case where India lags behind the world. Why do these manufacturers take the Indian customer for granted??
Old 19th September 2005, 01:58   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishant_kingpin
hmm... another case where India lags behind the world. Why do these manufacturers take the Indian customer for granted??
Quite easy to blame the manufacturers, but imagine the tooling costs involved in making those changes. Divide the tooling costs by the few hundred cars they sell every year, and then decide whether its worth doing all this, because any small increase in price will drive down whatever volumes there are.

See the manufacturers in the high volume segments - they're obviously not lagging so far behind.

Finally, no one knows for sure whether Honda is contemplating this change for India too. We know that the City, which does excellent volumes, is due for a regular upgrade - perhaps the Accord is, as well...
Old 19th September 2005, 02:00   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishant_kingpin
Seeing the History of HSIL , i am preety sure that soon we would be able to see the new accord on our roads ..... But how soon ??? NO body knows .... Lets keep our fingers crossed though .

Looking at the interiors , it seems that they are the same as the current one (except for some minor changes) ...
Old 19th September 2005, 02:25   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid
Quite easy to blame the manufacturers, but imagine the tooling costs involved in making those changes.
But they 've to do it sooner than later or will it carry on like this till the Honda japan launches the all new accord(not before 2008) .....

Talking about the tooling costs , as far as i know HSIL is one of the most profitable automobile co in india as all the 3 models are the market leader in their respective segments ....
I may may be wrong but if a co like HSIL has an excuse to launch the latest and upgraded models in india than i dont know what other mfrs should act like ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steeroid
the few hundred cars they sell every year,
As far as i know the Accord sells 3000+ per annum and as we all know ,by far it is the largest selling car in its segment
Old 19th September 2005, 02:37   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemer
As far as i know the Accord sells 3000+ per annum and as we all know ,by far it is the largest selling car in its segment
This is 30 hundred, which is still peanuts...I'm sure they sell more per month in a tiny city state like Dubai.

The point is that volumes will justify changes - when we dont have the volumes and we still expect manufacturers to make the cars in the country to save on customs duty, then small cosmetic changes such as these may be difficult to implement. Unless of course the market is flexible enough to take on added costs by way of import duty.
Old 19th September 2005, 02:43   #8
Senior - BHPian

None of you guys paid any attention to the site! The V6 has been launched with a 6-speed manual, for the first time! Hope it comes here. I'm thinkin 7.xx 60mph run.
Old 19th September 2005, 03:44   #9
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

apart from 6 speed manual(yikes bring to india!!!) the rear wing spoiler and deck lid spoiler look awesome too..check in accessories..
Old 19th September 2005, 06:43   #10
Senior - BHPian

I find hints of the sixth generation "plain jane" Accord rear in the rear design. So, Honda have joined the seventh generation front with sixth generation rear to make the "new improved" Accord.
I don't like what they have done. The car looks really bad.
Old 19th September 2005, 07:54   #11
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemer
http://automobiles.honda.com/models/...e=Accord+Sedan

Mods : if this topic is already discussed then please merge the threads .
I had mentioned this link in another thread about how mondeo-ish the rear looks but i am not sure which thread it was.
Old 19th September 2005, 10:23   #12
BANNED

Sadly still no 33kmpl wonderful diesel engine from Honda for India.
Old 21st September 2005, 03:11   #13
BHPian

Guys there is a possibility that we might get the face lifted 2006 Honda Accord here in india, preety soon ....

check out the link

http://www1.timesofindia.indiatimes....ow/1116198.cms
Old 21st September 2005, 04:10   #14
Senior - BHPian

I think they got sooo ticked off with Hyundai copying their design and so they went ahead and changed their's.
Old 21st September 2005, 13:57   #15
BHPian

Quote:
This is 30 hundred, which is still peanuts.
Totally! Honda sells about 4,00,000 Accords per annum in the United States, while the Indian sales are about 1,800 to 2,000 p.a.

Quote:
I think they got sooo ticked off with Hyundai copying their design and so they went ahead and changed their's.

GTO

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks