Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th March 2010, 15:41   #61
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrariKSA View Post

Scorcher i do agree with that porsche dont look as good as other exotics.
cos usually a lot of ferrari owners own porsche as well and when ever they come to our showroom in porsche i dont find it appealing when compared with ferrari.
Dude, any better pics of the Bling 599 you are leaning on in your profile pic ?
Old 19th March 2010, 15:57   #62
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirAlec View Post
What it would be like to be in such a place where you hop in, buy and drive out with the vehicle you like. Instead of paying and, waiting for months, with numerous phone calls to people who don't care for you after you pay the booking amount
Yeah considering that the Saudi's don't care much about the car specs or price. Just the snob value,a powerful engine and massive presence are all what they care for.
Old 20th March 2010, 17:36   #63
BHPian

DicKy I agree with you and i was expecting this question sooner or later.
Last time on my visit to the showroom which is called MY CAR i met with the manager again for the second time. on my first visit he didnt care much about me but for the second time i introuduce myself as an employee from Ferrari/Maserati he had to give me some time.
In our conversation he revealed come secrets the majority of customers are from royal families who dont have time to visit all the showroom to buy the cars they like as someone said in this thread, they just get their previous car also bought from the same showroom and exchange it with the car of their choice and dont even bother to ask depriciation for their exchanged cars. This exchange cycle take place every 3 to 6 months in each family. In some cases they take the cars to their palaces for a test drive and in some of royal family palaces are big enough for a testing track.
i was shocked to know that some prince have their accounts with this showroom which are settled annaully. Thats the reason its is located one of the posh residential locailty of riyadh unknown by many.
and one more reason i believe why rich saudis buy from him other than dealers, this owners has their own workshop for all the luxury cars, i have been to this work shop and believe me it is the biggest workshop i have ever seen.
planning to start new thread on that.
Attached Thumbnails
Luxury cars showrooms of Riyadh.All brands under one roof.-p1010323.jpg  

Luxury cars showrooms of Riyadh.All brands under one roof.-p1010324.jpg  

Luxury cars showrooms of Riyadh.All brands under one roof.-p1010325.jpg  

Luxury cars showrooms of Riyadh.All brands under one roof.-p1010328.jpg  

Luxury cars showrooms of Riyadh.All brands under one roof.-p1010329.jpg  

Luxury cars showrooms of Riyadh.All brands under one roof.-p1010330.jpg  

Luxury cars showrooms of Riyadh.All brands under one roof.-p1010331.jpg  

Luxury cars showrooms of Riyadh.All brands under one roof.-p1010332.jpg  

Luxury cars showrooms of Riyadh.All brands under one roof.-p1010333.jpg  

Luxury cars showrooms of Riyadh.All brands under one roof.-p1010336.jpg  

Luxury cars showrooms of Riyadh.All brands under one roof.-p1010337.jpg  

Luxury cars showrooms of Riyadh.All brands under one roof.-p1010338.jpg  

ferrariKSA is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2010, 18:27   #64
BHPian

Awesome, Beautiful,Amazing,..I'm out of words to describe how I feel at this moment. It is an eye candy to see all these. You must have been jumping in joy when you were having a look at all these cars in person .
BTW, Any more pics of the hummer above?
Old 20th March 2010, 18:44   #65
Senior - BHPian

wow! That SLR looks brilliant in white! What is that hideous silver/yellow small car parked amongst such exotics? Looks like an EV to me.
Old 20th March 2010, 22:07   #66
BHPian

ferrariksa is more blesses than most others in this forum.... I dont have anything to say. I have never seen so many Maybach's in my life.
Old 20th March 2010, 22:08   #67
BHPian

ferrariksa is more blessed than most others here. I have never seen so many Maybach's in my life
vasanthjn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2010, 11:36   #68
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrariKSA View Post
DicKy I agree with you and i was expecting this question sooner or later.
Last time on my visit to the showroom which is called MY CAR i met with the manager again for the second time. on my first visit he didnt care much about me but for the second time i introuduce myself as an employee from Ferrari/Maserati he had to give me some time.
In our conversation he revealed come secrets the majority of customers are from royal families who dont have time to visit all the showroom to buy the cars they like as someone said in this thread, they just get their previous car also bought from the same showroom and exchange it with the car of their choice and dont even bother to ask depriciation for their exchanged cars. This exchange cycle take place every 3 to 6 months in each family. In some cases they take the cars to their palaces for a test drive and in some of royal family palaces are big enough for a testing track.
i was shocked to know that some prince have their accounts with this showroom which are settled annaully. Thats the reason its is located one of the posh residential locailty of riyadh unknown by many.
and one more reason i believe why rich saudis buy from him other than dealers, this owners has their own workshop for all the luxury cars, i have been to this work shop and believe me it is the biggest workshop i have ever seen.
planning to start new thread on that.
Thanks for the titbit info ferrariKSa,but what really is that yellow pinkish thing
Looks perfect for paris,but who in his right mind would buy a small EV in riyadh.
Old 21st March 2010, 22:55   #69
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DicKy View Post
Thanks for the titbit info ferrariKSa,but what really is that yellow pinkish thing
Looks perfect for paris,but who in his right mind would buy a small EV in riyadh.
I don't quite get the "in Riyadh" part. A person who is concerned about the environment wouldn't really bother about the looks, shape, location etc.
In fact the Middle east is a desert where there is an overdose of cars, construction and the like and you occasionally get to see how nature hits back in the form of calamities.

BTW, the SLR is spanking!

Last edited by Jayabusa : 21st March 2010 at 23:13.
Old 23rd March 2010, 18:14   #70
BHPian

Good lord! I mean, I am zapped to see the collection. The royal family ACTUALLY CHANGE cars every 3-6 months?? Insane man! Can't say which was my favorite as they all are exotics and beautiful! nice pics!
Old 23rd March 2010, 22:11   #71
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayabusa View Post
I don't quite get the "in Riyadh" part. A person who is concerned about the environment wouldn't really bother about the looks, shape, location etc.
In fact the Middle east is a desert where there is an overdose of cars, construction and the like and you occasionally get to see how nature hits back in the form of calamities.
Calamities??? You mean the sandstorms and stuff?As if deserts and sandstorms didn't exist before modernisation in middle east.
What i meant was if petrol was cheap and roads congestion free in india(paradise) what would people buy the most? Alto? No way!
The person who bought the EV must be conscious of the environment and globalwarm..... and all ,but it's just like importing a prius to india to just prove your green credentials.
In riyadh petrol is cheap,diesel is dirt cheap,you need a powerful engine for those freeways and a comfy ride.No one in their practical state would buy an EV there.
But a person concerned with the environ wouldn't care about the looks,location etc....
OK OK this is showroom thread,what's with Riyadh? I stop here.
Old 25th March 2010, 11:11   #72
BHPian

Vintage section.

Guy`s i think now this will be over dose for this thread, This showroom has a vintage section as well
As it was closed for some maintanence i managed to take only this pics from the opening.
Attached Thumbnails
Luxury cars showrooms of Riyadh.All brands under one roof.-27022010.jpg  

Luxury cars showrooms of Riyadh.All brands under one roof.-27022010001.jpg  

ferrariKSA is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2010, 12:17   #73
BHPian

i mean this guys must be crazy.i mean i just going nuts thinking about the amount of cars this guys must be having i am sure he himself must not be having a count of the amount of car he is having with him.this is just amazing.it feels like heaven on earth and car freaks like us would like to spend days and days altogether checking out the cars there.looking at your pics i feel like catching the next flight and coming there.we are eagerly waitng for more pics......
danny2599 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2010, 13:45   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DicKy View Post
.No one in their practical state would buy an EV there.
+ 1

The electricity is also produced mostly by diesel operated generators as they have very less alternatives available. My BIL told me that water is more expensive than the same quantiy of petrol diesel. He also said they drain out diesel every night out of their heavy machinary because it accumlates a lot of dust

Pramod
Old 25th March 2010, 16:46   #75
Senior - BHPian

Love the Shelby Cobra dude. Any close up/better pics of the same ? Nice finds as always

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks