Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th September 2005, 09:24   #1
Senior - BHPian

The New Spy-Shot/Photochop of Lexus IS350 Coupe/Convert

Here it is..and its beautiful, now this is a machine to challenge the guts of most german performance cars..0-60 in the sedan was 5.1secs, I cant wait for the the time on the coupe, plus because lexus has up the antics on this, I cant wait for infiniti's response to this..

anyhow here is the car..

IS350 Coupe

Last edited by 1Day : 27th September 2005 at 09:27.
Old 27th September 2005, 12:19   #2
Senior - BHPian

The roofline looks like its lifted straight from the Aston V8 vantage. Why is everyone obsessed with copying Aston's style? First the Jag ,now this!!

Actually, I think this is just a computer rendering by someone, not official.
Old 27th September 2005, 20:07   #3
Senior - BHPian

I really dont see aston in this..all coupes are pretty much like this, but yeah teh jag is like aston since ford wanted to save money i would assume...but this really doesnt remind me of the aston..
Old 27th September 2005, 20:26   #4
Senior - BHPian

Out of curiosity....is there any reason for starting this thread... i mean is coming to india by any chance

binz

ps the car looks GOOD!!!!
Old 27th September 2005, 20:41   #5
Senior - BHPian

I thought this section is "International Machines" last I checked..isnt it

Also this might not be coming to india now, but it could be brought over into india very simply like most other lexus out there..
Old 27th September 2005, 21:12   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Day
I thought this section is "International Machines" last I checked..isnt it
aah....dont let the 60 odd posts fool you i am very much a noob at this site and i dont tend to look at categories where threads are posted.I will be more careful in the future though!!
thanks
binz
Old 27th September 2005, 21:17   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by islero
The roofline looks like its lifted straight from the Aston V8 vantage. Why is everyone obsessed with copying Aston's style? l

check this out(mainly the c-pillar)

compared with:

binz
Old 27th September 2005, 21:23   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binz
aah....dont let the 60 odd posts fool you i am very much a noob at this site and i dont tend to look at categories where threads are posted.I will be more careful in the future though!!
thanks
binz
Thats cool..I didnt take any offense, I was just confirming
Old 27th September 2005, 21:23   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

check this out(mainly the c-pillar)

compared with:

binz
I dont know a lot of coupe C pillars look like that to me..I wouldnt really say they are inspired from astons still..
Old 27th September 2005, 21:39   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Day
I dont know a lot of coupe C pillars look like that to me..I wouldnt really say they are inspired from astons still..

very true!!!but i never said that the styling was inspired from the vantage.i just implied that the cars had similiar rooflines and c-pillars.Anyway this thread was not started for this reason and anything more from me would be completely

binz
Old 27th September 2005, 21:43   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Why is everyone obsessed with copying Aston's style? First the Jag ,now this!!
Now now ....lets not forget that the am V8 vantage was designed by DC.God only knows who he copied!!!!!!!

Quote:
Actually, I think this is just a computer rendering by someone, not official.
Why exactly do you think that?

binz

Last edited by binz : 27th September 2005 at 21:44.
Old 27th September 2005, 22:22   #12
Distinguished - BHPian

If this car is gonna be launched then its gonna go head-on with the Infiniti G coupe. It looks pretty similar to it too....only if they can keep the pricing a little lower than the Infiniti then not only will it affect the G coupe sales it could also crush its sibling the 350Z cause this car will not only be quicker than the 350Z,it will also have much more plush interiors coz thats what lexus r good at.
Old 28th September 2005, 00:04   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil
If this car is gonna be launched then its gonna go head-on with the Infiniti G coupe. It looks pretty similar to it too....only if they can keep the pricing a little lower than the Infiniti then not only will it affect the G coupe sales it could also crush its sibling the 350Z cause this car will not only be quicker than the 350Z,it will also have much more plush interiors coz thats what lexus r good at.
Sorry to put off your flame on this one..but the sedan which is freakin fast is not as good a drive as the G is and the 330 is, but it surely is almost a second faster than the 330 and a little more than 1/2 a sec quicker than the current G...this one is more of a baby GS than a 330/G competitor..but its for sure...it will be a big success none the less, but it is priced in the 330 range more than the G, G similarly equiped with better handling and driving dynamics would be 3-5k cheaper than this..also G is almost ending its current model run, so wait and see what they come up with next..since the new G would be sort of based on the skyline GTR which would come to US as the Infiniti GTR... Ahhh..life is only getting better..
Old 28th September 2005, 00:27   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Now now ....lets not forget that the am V8 vantage was designed by DC.God only knows who he copied!!!!!!!
The Aston was not designed by DC, but by Henrik Fisker, who was the lead designer at the time. The concept car was fabricated at DC shop in Bombay to the drawings supplied by Aston Martin. And this was done to save money.
Old 28th September 2005, 06:36   #15
Senior - BHPian

The new IS is a awesome car. The biggest problem with the car was it's looks. It just didn't look like a sports sedan that lexus claimed it was. But the new one is super!

Old lexus (toyota Alteza)

New Lexus IS

Damn this lexus is worth saving up for!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks