Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st March 2010, 21:36   #1
BHPian

2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport unveiled

2011 Kizashi Sport has been unveiled before the New York show with a 178HP 2.4-liter four-cylinder.
Offered exclusively on the Kizashi GTS and SLS trim levels, the Sport version comes with custom 18-inch alloy wheels, a 10mm lower ride plus a honeycomb lower grille, chrome accents on the front bumper and doors, discreet side skirts and a boot lid spoiler.
Inside, the Kizashi Sport gets aluminum accents and perforated leather on the steering wheel and, when equipped with black leather interior, contrasting stitching on the leather seats, shifter boot and emergency brake boot. The new Kizashi Sport is scheduled to go on sale in the United States this August.
(Courtesy Carscoop)
Attached Thumbnails
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport unveiled-2011suzukikizashisport1.jpg  

2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport unveiled-2011suzukikizashisport43.jpg  

Old 31st March 2010, 21:42   #2
Senior - BHPian

Why can't Suzuki launch this here? Instead of launching almost exactly similar cars, why don't they cater to a more adventurous market? Looks too much like an SX4 though. :(
Old 31st March 2010, 22:00   #3
Senior - BHPian

What a magnificiantly crafted dash! One of the best designed cockpit I have seen. This would be one of the most desirable sedan if it comes to India.
Old 31st March 2010, 23:23   #4
Senior - BHPian

Seriously that is brilliant build quality from suzuki.I guess they are hesistant to launch this in india because they are unsure of how will the indian customer take to a 12 lakh maruti(after the vitara).But i think if its VFM,it will sell very well.
Old 1st April 2010, 00:10   #5
Senior - BHPian

Don't the interiors look a tad too bland?
Old 1st April 2010, 06:43   #6
Senior - BHPian

The interiors looks perfect without the designers going overboard. The car simply look fabulous . From the side the rear of the car reminds me of a cruze, which is not bad at all.
Hope they really price the car well .
Old 1st April 2010, 10:25   #7
BHPian

Wow. Looks too cool. I guess its time Suzuki introduced the Kizashi in India!
Old 1st April 2010, 11:00   #8
BHPian

looks refreshing from the usual suzukis around here..but i feel the rear door window is a tad too small.
the interiors do look of fine finish.hope it gets here just the way its depicted,in quality.
Old 1st April 2010, 11:30   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by John View Post
2011 Kizashi Sport has been unveiled before the New York show with a 178HP 2.4-liter four-cylinder.
Offered exclusively on the Kizashi GTS and SLS trim levels, the Sport version comes with custom 18-inch alloy wheels, a 10mm lower ride plus a honeycomb lower grille, chrome accents on the front bumper and doors, discreet side skirts and a boot lid spoiler.
Inside, the Kizashi Sport gets aluminum accents and perforated leather on the steering wheel and, when equipped with black leather interior, contrasting stitching on the leather seats, shifter boot and emergency brake boot. The new Kizashi Sport is scheduled to go on sale in the United States this August.
(Courtesy Carscoop)
What a brillaint car.

Alas ! Had they come out with a new brand to suit the expected brand value perception(of general mass) for a car belonging to this class.

I think Suzuki needs to come out with a C/D/E segment brand . It can be umbrella branding or an all together new brand. This would really help suzuki push some of their products into the market at a better price.

I understand that developing a brand from scratch is a herculean task but I guess its high time suzuki takes this decision or they can also buy a brand which can be bought at a justified price tag.

Either way its high time they do it.

There have been such good cars from Maruti in the market but people still are not willing to shell out the Mullah eventhough the product may be better than a comparable market offering
  • Baleno
  • Vitara
  • SX4

Last edited by maxbhp : 1st April 2010 at 11:31.
Old 1st April 2010, 11:50   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxbhp;1814991
There have been such good cars from Maruti in the market but people still are not willing to shell out the Mullah eventhough the product may be better than a comparable market offering[LIST
[*]Baleno[*]Vitara[*]SX4[/list]
Quite true, on one hand people are still blindly lapping up Maruti small cars, but some of the really good offerings in the higher segments have not seen much success. I do hope they can launch the Kizashi here in India.
Old 1st April 2010, 14:59   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quite some resemblance to the Swift & SX4 at the front. Which IMO is not a good thing for a car that is planned to be placed at a higher slot.

Interiors look good and side-profile is also not bad. But still would have been awesome if the car resembled the concept that was showcased. The concept was so hot.
Old 7th April 2010, 00:04   #12
BHPian

I particularly like the look of the car from a rear 3/4 view with it's muscular looking flanks and the twin exhaust.
Attached Thumbnails
2011 Suzuki Kizashi Sport unveiled-2011suzukikizashisport30.jpg  

Last edited by John : 7th April 2010 at 00:11.
Old 7th April 2010, 00:13   #13
Senior - BHPian

wow! What a beauty!!
Now this is a car that maruti should bring to India to compete against the civic and cruze!
Old 7th April 2010, 08:19   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
wow! What a beauty!!
Now this is a car that maruti should bring to India to compete against the civic and cruze!
Probably pricingwise, but this is a Accord size car.
Old 7th April 2010, 11:55   #15
Distinguished - BHPian

Nice looking car. Resembles the SX4 quite a bit. The exhaust looks very good.

By the way is it becoming a norm to follow the waterfall theme/design for the center console.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks