Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th May 2010, 14:19   #16
MX6
Senior - BHPian

When nano catches fire people feel anger. When Audi catches fire people feel sad.
Guess people expect too much from a car that costs 1 or 2% of the Audi! Guess it's the same mentality that people show in shopping. When they go to a swanky mall, they pay 10 - 20 times the price for a commodity without questioning. When they try buying it from a roadside vendor, they bargain to the teeth!
Old 13th May 2010, 15:08   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselAddikt View Post
Nano is a 'people's car'. So naturally, people will be more concerned when a Nano catches fire rather than talking about a car which they may not even see in their entire life time.

Just my two cents.

But YES, some people do have double standards, especially when it comes to TATA. Some other threads in the same forum may have enough proof for that, but certainly not this thread.

@CARDEEP Your signature is cool.
Thank you DieselAddikt for appreciating my signature.

I believe, all of us agree to the fact that whether a car sells few thousand units in a month (people's car) or over its life (super cars) barbeque on wheels situation is unacceptable & equally condemnable, be it from Tata or Audi or MB or any other car maker... &, this is what another member CPH had been emphasising in Nano on Fire thread.
Old 13th May 2010, 15:38   #18
BHPian

@CARDEEP

I am of the same opinion that a car (expensive or not) should not have problems like this. But the thing is that we have a jantha with the attitude "if it is not going to affect me, y bother wasting my time on that? let the others deal with it." This is true in almost everything we (most people) do these days. That is what I wanted to say.
Old 13th May 2010, 17:37   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dar3dev|l View Post
It could well possibly be the reason that NANO is expected to be used by quite a lot of ppl as compared to ppl driving R8. Plus you will not be seeing an R8 on mumbai roads in the near future but talk about NANO, the roads are already started filling with it
The near future that you're talking about hit Mumbai in 09 itself. Check again buddy, the R8 is here since long....!!
Old 16th May 2010, 21:48   #20
BHPian

just 20 km on the odo is just a killing for the owner

isnt the car supposed to be loaded with sensors which prevent excessive overheating before something bad occurs.

we all know that a supercar catching fire is not something new, so do the manufacturers actually put in fireproofing between the driver and the engine ( im not talking insulation but actual fire sheathing). ??
Old 27th August 2010, 18:09   #21
Senior - BHPian

How Many R8s on Fire Till Date?

Hi all,

I do agree with the members who have stated that Tata is bashed up when a Nano catches fire but Audi is sympathized on when their R8 catches fire. I also agree that whetr it is a 2 lakh Nano or the 1 crore plus R8, no car should ever face a situation like this.

However, my question to all is, how many R8s have caught fire till date like this as compared to the Nano? As reported above, the 6th Nano till date!!! Now, I am not saying that this is acceptable from Audi. It is not acceptable. But ths shows the seriousness of Tatas.

Last edited by Epic : 27th August 2010 at 18:17.
Old 29th August 2010, 21:06   #22

But also with Audi R8's, it's not just one that caught on fire, even their prototype caught on fire. Also, if you look up on Google, you'll see that there has been more than one R8 engulfed in flames. I personally think that it's a shame especially since Audi spent a billion + euros designing, building, and testing their car.
Old 23rd October 2010, 20:27   #23
BHPian

one thing i feel common is...both the vehicles are rear engined..isnt that coincidential?
Old 23rd October 2010, 21:00   #24
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by urzdeepu View Post
one thing i feel common is...both the vehicles are rear engined..isnt that coincidential?
Sorry for being pedantic, but the R8 isn't rear-engined. It's powered by a 'mid-engined' V8/V10, whereas the Nano is an authentic rear-engined car, just like the Porsche 911.
Old 24th October 2010, 05:07   #25
Team-BHP Support

A lot of midengined cars seem to be catching fire due to excess heat in limited space.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks