Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th May 2010, 01:19   #1
Senior - BHPian

Mystery buyer snaps up ten of Aston Martin's One-77 hypercar

Getting your hands on a One-77 just got a lot harder! British firm Aston Martin is only making 77 of its limited run One-77 hypercar, but that hasn’t stopped a mystery buyer from snapping up ten of them.

The customer, who is believed to be of Middle Eastern origin, has specified a different colour scheme and cabin trim for each car. His huge order accounts for 13% of the total production run, and comes to an eye-watering total bill of £12million.

The mysterious figure will also be allowed to tailor each car's individual performance, as owners get the chance to work alongside Aston engineers to ensure that the set-up is exactly to their taste.

The One-77 was revealed at Geneva last year by the Gaydon-based firm, and Aston says that is is close to being a sell-out, with 65 of its 7.3-litre V12-powered hypercars now spoken for.

Source : Auto Express - New & Used Car Reviews and News
Attached Thumbnails
Mystery buyer snaps up ten of Aston Martin's One-77 hypercar-car_photo_372055_25.jpg  

Old 19th May 2010, 13:40   #2
BHPian

now thats a buy which seems to be an investment as well besides passion also . as only 77 going to be built , selling them at later stage will wonders for him as the costs will go up the moment they sell out everything of those 77.
anyway nice buy !
Old 19th May 2010, 14:07   #3
Senior - BHPian

I read this in a mag. Apparently, the owner is picking up ten for each member of his family.
Old 19th May 2010, 14:08   #4
Senior - BHPian

Why would anyone want ten of those hideous creatures? I hardly like Astons to begin with, yes, but atleast buy something breathtakingly beautiful like the Rapide or the V8 Vantage.
Old 19th May 2010, 16:15   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingspur View Post
Why would anyone want ten of those hideous creatures? I hardly like Astons to begin with, yes, but atleast buy something breathtakingly beautiful like the Rapide or the V8 Vantage.
Show off,as it happens to be one of the most expensive cars on the planet!
But its not hideous dude,it looks painstakingly and intricately beautiful from some angles! I kinda like it.
Old 19th May 2010, 17:03   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyAn! View Post
Show off,as it happens to be one of the most expensive cars on the planet!
But its not hideous dude,it looks painstakingly and intricately beautiful from some angles! I kinda like it.
Well I'm simply not into Astons, so those extra cuts and ridges don't help their cause at all IMO. But then OTOH, they've shut me up for good with the Rapide.

I don't know how to explain it, but while the exact same design doesn't appeal to me in the coupes, the sedan just kills it !! Panamera, Estoque and all that rubbish apart, finally here is one sedan attempt from a sports car maker which will make me sell my hypothetical Quattroporte for it
Old 19th May 2010, 22:28   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I don't know how to explain it, but while the exact same design doesn't appeal to me in the coupes, the sedan just kills it !! Panamera, Estoque and all that rubbish apart, finally here is one sedan attempt from a sports car maker which will make me sell my hypothetical Quattroporte for it
Totally agree dude! In fact I'd go as far as to say that the Rapide is the most beautiful car in production today,the Alfa 8C and Murcielago following a close second and third respectively. Its just effortlessly graceful,a work of art with those minimal lines! I've totally fallen for it.Worth selling that Quattraporte even.Yes!

Coming to the Estoque,I wouldn't dismiss it as mere rubbish! But,yes, in spite of having the stark aggression of a Lamborghini,that sharpness somehow doesn't cut it!
Old 19th May 2010, 22:33   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedreamcatcher View Post
I read this in a mag. Apparently, the owner is picking up ten for each member of his family.
I was about to suggest in jest, but there you go !
Old 20th May 2010, 13:29   #9
BHPian

Quote:
its a car that will evoke a thousand emotions straight away . hideous can be described as all recent ferrari's f-50 , enzo etc etc not astons by aqny angle.
Old 20th May 2010, 13:45   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quattroa4 View Post
its a car that will evoke a thousand emotions straight away . hideous can be described as all recent ferrari's f-50 , enzo etc etc not astons by aqny angle.
totally.
If astons are hideous then what about cayman and cayenne
Old 20th May 2010, 13:50   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quattroa4 View Post
its a car that will evoke a thousand emotions straight away.
So?

Quote:
hideous can be described as all recent ferrari's f-50 , enzo etc etc...
I agree.

Quote:
not astons by aqny angle.
There's where it gets subjective. I hate 'em. So what?
Old 20th May 2010, 14:20   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
There's where it gets subjective. I hate 'em. So what?
To each his own. I personally love Astons but I really don't like many Maseratis that others here praise to no end.

But then, if it was something that everyone liked, it'd be too plain. Controversial designs win any day!
Old 20th May 2010, 16:21   #13
Senior - BHPian

Lets leave personal opinions out of this guys. Someone find it hideous, fine, no worries. Some like it.

I personally think it looks amazing. And I am an Aston fan as well, but not just because I am one, but it truly looks sinister
Old 20th May 2010, 16:54   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
...but I really don't like many Maseratis that others here praise to no end.
Yeah, the Quattroporte that I love so dearly really does look a little wonky

Quote:
Controversial designs win any day!
Totally.
Old 20th May 2010, 19:35   #15
BHPian

look the point here is astons have remain true to their design language since their inception . show the picture of db5 to anybody and then this one and he will tell you that its an absolute evolution of the aston gene that remains so aston even today . lts a purity of their concepts that allows them to build cars like these. ok , if someone doesnt like it then it can be said so , but hideous is not an justifiable word to discribe it , it cant be that . noway!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks