Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th September 2010, 18:40   #31
BHPian

According to Chevy interior changes include a brand new audio system with Aux-in, USB-port and Bluetooth connectivity and the replacement of the traditional handbrake with a new electric park brake that frees up space for further storage in the center console, including two 1-liter cup holders.

Chevy said that the refreshed Captiva also features new finishes and textures including all-new seat fabrics and interior décor appointments.
Attached Thumbnails
Scoop: Chevrolet Captiva "transform" uncloaked-2011chevroletcaptivasuv11.jpg  

Old 17th September 2010, 23:53   #32
BHPian

I quite like the new front design of Captiva. In fact, I think this look suits Captiva better than the earlier one, despite the fact that the new look is closer to that of Outlander. In any case, Outlander's new grill gives the impression of a 'bolt-on' and it seems a notch bigger than what a grill should be.

What Captiva needs to worry about is the back. That needs rework, to remove the current meek look and bring some aggression in.
Old 24th September 2010, 16:32   #33

Thanks for the info John... The new exterior looks are a killer... a la Audi... the interiors look promosing too... with the new gadgetery will it kill competition (read Endeavour, CRV)

GM needs a premium segment hit to change its market impression from a below 8lacs car maker to a trend changer...

One more question (may not be relevant)... Now that Cruze is a hit and hoping the new Captiva is a hit too, will GM models start fetching higher resale values???
Old 28th September 2010, 18:53   #34
Senior - BHPian

Stick a Mitsubishi logo on this car and it could easily be mistaken for an outlander! Chevy have messed up a perfectly good design. Now it looks plain jane.
Old 31st December 2010, 13:16   #35

Re: Scoop: Chevrolet Captiva "transform" uncloaked

Hi Guys,
Was planning on buying the captiva.Should i buy it now or should i wait for the "transform"??When are they launching the new one??
I need help!!
Old 6th January 2011, 14:58   #36
BHPian

Hi arjun
same here, me too, waiting for new captiva,
things i like
1) auto version ( although doubt if same will be available immediately in new transform)
2) looks, exterior is just too good with decent luxurious interiors
3) occasional 7 seater capacity, must have for two families out of mumbai trip. Its no fun to go to picnic in two different cars.

i would have had gone for current version but absolutely no discuounts offered by dealers despite of new version on horizon
let's wait and watch.
regards
Old 18th May 2011, 07:30   #37
Team-BHP Support

Saw a brief review in autocar india: New Captiva test drive, review | Autocar India

It says the car will have a 181bhp 2.2-litre engine, six-speed auto, four-wheel drive and seven seats, and there could be an option of a six-speed manual gearbox mated to this layout.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks