Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Which is your favourite Tuner Car ???
Honda Civic 1 2.94%
Honda Accord 1 2.94%
Mazda Miata 0 0%
Mazda RX 7 1 2.94%
Toyota Corolla 0 0%
Toyota Supra 3 8.82%
Nissan Skyline GTR-34 21 61.76%
Nissan 300 ZX bi turbo 0 0%
Mitsubishi Lancer EVO 4 11.76%
Mitsubishi Eclipse 0 0%
Subaru Impreza WRX 1 2.94%
Honda S2ooo 0 0%
VW Golf/Jetta 1.8T 0 0%
Toyota Celica 0 0%
Others (please specify) 2 5.88%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 3rd November 2005, 14:54   #1
Senior - BHPian

T-bhp's most popular Tuner Car

Hey guys ,

We have had polls based on favourite supercar/german car/Classic car etc ...but non on Tuner cars ..

Tuner Car - these cars often come off as cheaper economy , entry level sports cars but when finely tuned and heavily modded give the best of the best a run for their money .. typically the Japs have dominated this segment with their smaller engined stock vehicles with huge modification potential...

My favourite tuner car would be the Nissan Skyline GT-R34.. aint the cheapest and certainly not an economy car but it really has nothing to prove against its exotic rivals ... this car was built to be built ...
whoever has seen the JUN motorsports Skylines ,Supras and the Lancers will how good these car look while putting their pedigree counterparts to shame ..

so lets have it ..which is your favourite tuner car ?
PS - I am trying not to make the list too long ..so i'll stick to most of the popular ones ...

Last edited by turbo_lover : 3rd November 2005 at 15:02.
Old 3rd November 2005, 15:08   #2
BHPian

not many cars can beat a stock skyline but a nicely tuned skyline can be untouchable.
obviously it gets my vote as the best tuner car
Old 3rd November 2005, 16:05   #3
BHPian

Well from all the facts and figures produced ... The SKYLINE can have the cake and eat it as well ... Given that u have all the moolah I dont think there wud be a second comparision for tuning ...
Old 3rd November 2005, 16:56   #4
Senior - BHPian

why not the supra ?
it still has the strongest engine block ..

PS- voters do tell us why you voted for your fav tuner car ..

cheers

Last edited by turbo_lover : 3rd November 2005 at 16:59.
Old 3rd November 2005, 16:59   #5
BHPian

the toyota supra for me!!have read lot of articles about tuning it on sportscompact car.and of course this is the fast and the furious car.plan to own it one day and kit it heavily.the subaru impreza wrx comes a close second
Old 3rd November 2005, 20:31   #6
Senior - BHPian

I personally think it would either have to be the viper or the vette..since viper gets into the expensive category...the vette would have to suffice..the C5/C6 engine is not over worked, it is extreemly strong, already very powerful and less than 10k would put you in 525 rwhp category which is well over 600hp...to begin with this car is super fast and the aerodynamics already are designed to be super quick, so it would make a killer killer tuner..this would put it right in the sub 10 sec car with 0-60 time in less than 3.5 secs and handling would be super..so it would be my pick and the next would have to be the GTR...

and btw this vette would still be NA now we talking ....

Last edited by 1Day : 3rd November 2005 at 20:33.
Old 4th November 2005, 01:53   #7
Senior - BHPian

any car can be tuned ... but we are talking about strictly tuner cars ...even ferraris are modded ,so can the porches and mustangs ...
we are talking about cars which are known to provide amazing response to engine ,body modifications they are cheaper and have relative smaller engine displacement and in stock form do not provide much power...
i dont think a C5/C6 qualifies as a "tuner car" here ..
Old 4th November 2005, 03:06   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo_lover
any car can be tuned ... but we are talking about strictly tuner cars ...even ferraris are modded ,so can the porches and mustangs ...
we are talking about cars which are known to provide amazing response to engine ,body modifications they are cheaper and have relative smaller engine displacement and in stock form do not provide much power...
i dont think a C5/C6 qualifies as a "tuner car" here ..

aaahh..please explain how not..the list you put forward is pretty lame..honda civic?? accord?? come on man..

true tuner cars are GTR, Supra, RX-7, G35/Skyline, Z350, 300Z etc...and C5/C6 are right there along with viper...you need only heads and cams replacement to add well over 100rwhp to those cars..and cost may be 5k which is dirt cheap for that kind of HP, i really dont get it?

have you heard of tuners who tune C5/C6s??? Lingenfelter is the most well known of them all ,including cartek etc...Lingenfelter is comparable to Gambella or Ruf on porsches...

all the other small time cars you put in there are all very extensively riced..but thats just how it is..young college kids who got money to burn and no taste go after civics and accords and cars like that...the true passionate ones would only go after 350Z, G35, Skyline GTR, Vette, Mustang, Viper...etc..

and btw this defination of tuner cars is beyond me..relatively small engine size??response well??cheaper and then you have GTR and supra up there??

Lets take C5s for eg, relatively cheap now..since they have been produced for 8 years and you can get a sub 20k C5 very easily, 10k mods on it will up it in 600hp category, you have exterior mods available for it, what else do you really want??

Last edited by 1Day : 4th November 2005 at 03:13.
Old 4th November 2005, 03:56   #9
Senior - BHPian

It HAS to be the Skyline undoubtedly.
This car has the power to deliver,whether stock or tuned.Its the best of everything rolled into one.The handling,power,comfort and the sheer road presence this car has is incomparable.
The only car which can dare to get close to the r34 is the Evo 8 FQ400.

P.s : I voted for the r34 Skyline,as i own one back in Japan.

X

Last edited by X-Machine : 4th November 2005 at 03:58.
Old 4th November 2005, 05:47   #10
BHPian

definitely has to be the nissan skyline GTR 34....i seriously think...this car is way better than other cars to modify....even though some of the other cars are way more expensive!!! why spend on sumthin expensive when u can get a stock version of the GTR and tune it up!!!!
Old 4th November 2005, 07:20   #11
BHPian

skyline gtr34

(1)because it comes with only a standard 280 BHP as per Jap regulations.Its got the potential to be tuned to 1000 BHP +
BUT even an American car can make 1000 BHP then why skyline .. it makes it from a 2 - 2.3 litre engine only - thats what I call tuning..
(2)Its got a crazy Atessa permanent AWD which give it so much traction that even Ferraris and Lambo's cant keep up with. At launch the car is RWD and when the tyres start to lose traction the power is transferred to the front wheels , all crazy electronics !!
(3) It can even beat Evo's and Suby's around corners because of the pshycho computers controlling the diffs at all 4 wheels
(4) Twin turbos .. what the hell .. tuners just throw them out and put in bigger ones .. tuners like Tommy Kaira, Mines, Blitz, HKS, Veilside, Amuse and Signal just love modding the twin turbos on these annimals .. what more does a tuner want ?? twin turbos and a inline 6 cylinder!!!
(Guess what my vote is for the top 5 super cars)
(5) Recently even Nismo went crazy and created the limited Nismo Z tune version which gives 400 BHP stock.
(6) I can just go on and on .. even though Skylines are not having the aerodynamics of a Lambo, Ferrari or Supra ..gtr's are quite capable of thrashing them at top speeds...
Supra's can be tuned to make power like Skyline but they cant handle around corners like Skylines because they are RWD's and dont have the advanced diff systems of the skyline, supra comes a second to Skyline in my opinion
There is nothing a tuned skyline cannot beat on a racetrack (plz leave out F1 cars and dragsters from this comparision)

I love skylines and have been collecting diecasts, wallpapers,videos and tech specs of skylines for abt 4 yrs now !! Nice to know there are skyline fans out there in Team BHP !!!!!
Old 4th November 2005, 08:50   #12
BHPian

I love the Lancer EVO, But Nissan skyline is the dream for any tuner.
The way you tune sets the platform for your driving experience
Old 4th November 2005, 09:42   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
the list you put forward is pretty lame..honda civic?? accord?? come on man..

all the other small time cars you put in there are all very extensively riced..but thats just how it is..young college kids who got money to burn and no taste go after civics and accords and cars like that...the true passionate ones would only go after 350Z, G35, Skyline GTR, Vette, Mustang, Viper...etc..
yah dude ...im sure thats the reason why we see so many modded accords and civics around on the road eh ? they are all tuner cars ...the GTR and the Supra are what they on top of the tuner list (that too comes for a prce) but that doesnt make the rest any lest competitive man ...

As far as tuning a stang goes ...if amateur modders could make space for a frikkin supercharger fitment i am sure they'd tune them more then those darned Civics ..

Quote:
have you heard of tuners who tune C5/C6s??? Lingenfelter is the most well known of them all ,including cartek etc...Lingenfelter is comparable to Gambella or Ruf on porsches...
I am well informed of the Vette tuners ... You missed out on the Callaway (wonder how that happened)..and its not "GAMBELLA" its spelt Gembella ...

i know ur C6 is wicked ... i get the point ..but not of us think the same way ...
and its not a tuner car ..even ferraris are tuned by Tubi so what ?
Old 4th November 2005, 15:46   #14
BHPian

I voted for the Supra...strange infact I always thought that the Supra would be one of the last options in my head...but from a few articles that I read and a post by one of the fellow BHPians has completely changed my view of the Supra.
Old 4th November 2005, 19:52   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo_lover
yah dude ...im sure thats the reason why we see so many modded accords and civics around on the road eh ? they are all tuner cars ...the GTR and the Supra are what they on top of the tuner list (that too comes for a prce) but that doesnt make the rest any lest competitive man ...

As far as tuning a stang goes ...if amateur modders could make space for a frikkin supercharger fitment i am sure they'd tune them more then those darned Civics ..

I am well informed of the Vette tuners ... You missed out on the Callaway (wonder how that happened)..and its not "GAMBELLA" its spelt Gembella ...

i know ur C6 is wicked ... i get the point ..but not of us think the same way ...
and its not a tuner car ..even ferraris are tuned by Tubi so what ?
Not bad for you to catch me on my spelling mistakes...and some missed well known tuners..but that doesnt mean anything..when I type, I never recheck and I make mistakes like evryone..no biggi there..but i still dont get the logic how a vette is not a tunner car..really!!

I am part of many vette boards and hear about more vette tunned cars than any..500rwhp is the least i here..

its just that you think.. japs have been doing it and since its really cheap stuff more ppl end up with so many that it seems they are tunner cars. If you would take a % of your civics to civis tuned and vettes to vettes tunned, you would be suprised how close they are..which makes a vette an excellent platform and for sure a tunner car..along with that, ppl who think less of a vette, well they can not be deemed as a sports car freak considering..what a value and quality of execusion they bring to the table..i love vipers, vettes, 911s(yes, even after they being pricy), Astons, Ferraris, Lambos, Paganis...and many more..I dont think they are not awesome..but at times when you consider the purpose, why they are built I sometimes favour the vette...and right fully so..

Well I guess all the cars mags and journalists are plane crazi who are going gaga over the new vette and its capabilty to destroy many super exotic cars..but what would they know..

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks