Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd December 2010, 03:42   #31
BHPian

I have always loved the Audi interiors, simple and design centric. The headlights are lovely!
Old 3rd December 2010, 10:22   #32
Senior - BHPian

I have a hunch that this A6 might just finally do it for them in India. Its a much much better product overall compared to the current gen, the design and looks though might face an identity crisis with other Audis,in itself looks really good and i feel it would look even better in flesh, & finally its so much better than the current version in terms of sheer product value and brand equity. They really should price it a notch below Munich & Stuttgart which might just do the trick for them
Old 3rd December 2010, 11:23   #33
Senior - BHPian

So in future more controls will move to roof like an airplane cockpit.

spyshots: 2012 Audi A6. EDIT:Now Revealed, Pics on Pg.2-audi.a6.2012.jpg

A6 is very sexy and it will definitely stand out from E & 5.

Cheers!

Vinu
Old 3rd December 2010, 11:48   #34
Team-BHP Support

Audis are known for their understated appearance with a hint of aggression dialed in. The A6 from the front never looked as menacing as the A4. But now it does with that slightly altered grille and the mean lights up front. Although, when viewed from the side, it seems to be a carry-forward from the outgoing A6, albeit with that strong and muscular ridge just underneath the windows. The rear might have hints of the A4, and that will confuse some. Even some of us!

C'mon, even we get confused between the rear of a Jetta and a Passat. It's nearly identical!

It is, without doubt, a great looking car. But what really takes the cake is that fantastic interior. The wood-trim looks very classy (I have never been a fan of wood in any car, except maybe, a Rolls Royce or a Bentley), and the layout of the dash has moved-on from being extremely Teutonic and precise (to the point of being boring), to something that's quite appealing. Though I do see splashes of BMW's design elements inside it.

That's the thing. Why has this become a rat-race of sorts? Mercedes, BMW and Audi are constantly in a battle to produce the better car, and in the process, they keep losing the plot half-way. The plot being, the need for a great executive luxury car that stands out from the crowd. And I'm not sure if this A6 does.

And that's why, I'll always have a Jeeeaaaag!

In my book, the XF still wins.
Old 24th March 2011, 07:59   #35
Senior - BHPian

Re: spyshots: 2012 Audi A6. EDIT:Now Revealed, Pics on Pg.2

2011 Audi A6 Driven

The launch of the new A6 couldn’t be timelier. The new car’s technology-packed design and brilliant detailing makes it ready to compete on equal, if not better, terms with the E-class and 5-series.
There’s a lot of the A8 in the A6’s design, like the wide grille and very distinctive LED headlights which make the A6 look like a scaled-down version of its bigger brother. Audi’s ‘less is more’ design approach, which works well in very mature markets, may fail to tickle local tastes but you can’t help but appreciate the purity of the design which exudes confidence with strong wheel arches and just two or three strong crease lines.
The A6 is slightly shorter than the outgoing model and the roofline is lower too. The reduced length has resulted in shorter overhangs but hasn’t compromised interior space which, on the contrary, has been enhanced with a wheelbase that is 69mm longer than before. Extensive use of aluminium in the body structure has made the new A6 80kg lighter on a spec-to-spec basis than the previous car, benefitting both performance and economy.
Audi’s focus on lavish interiors has made Audi cabins the last word in quality and the new A6 is no exception. The design is simply superb and is an appealing mix of curves and lines with great detailing. All shut lines are within 2mm of each other to emphasise the topnotch fit and finish throughout the cabin. The wraparound dashboard ‘blades’ is a terrific design touch and special wood veneer (a cost option) gives the interior a quality feel that no BMW or Mercedes can match.
The new A6 comes packed with tech too, a lot of which has trickled down from the A8. The latest iteration of Audi’s Multi-Media Interface (MMI) system is standard and the large high-resolution screen, which glides out of the dashboard, is very easy to read. Also very user-friendly is the wide display area between the speedo and tachometer that gives you all the information you need while driving. Options include a state-of-the-art Bang & Olufsen system, Google Earth on the navigation system (not for India yet) and high-tech systems like active lane assist, parking assist, night vision assist and adaptive cruise control.
The seats themselves are very comfortable and the Indian-spec cars will get full power adjustment for the front seats. The rear seat doesn’t feel particularly spacious by class standards though. However, Audi successfully creates an impression of space with the use of lighter materials and narrow A-pillars which improve visibility and let more light in.
The A6 will be launched in September this year with four engine options in India. The base model will be a 2-litre turbo-diesel 2.0 TDI which puts out 177bhp while a pair of petrols – a 2.8 FSI and 3.0 supercharged TFSI – develop 204bhp and 299bhp respectively.
We tested the top-of-the-range 245bhp 3.0 TDI Quatrro which will compete with the BMW 530d, Mercedes E350 diesel and Jag’s diesel XF-S. Not only is four-wheel drive standard on the range-topping A6 but so is Audi’s seven-speed, S-tronic dual-clutch automatic gearbox. This car also comes with an automatic engine start-stop system.
By omitting the traditional torque converter as used by the A6’s rivals, some compromise in the smoothness of the transmission was expected (twin-clutch units can be jerky and they are slow off the line) but except for the odd jerk, you really don’t miss the lack of torque multiplication a torque converter offers. The benefits of a twin-clutch unit, of course, are better performance and efficiency.
The torquey A6 3.0 TDI’s midrange is explosive and overtaking is an absolute breeze. You needn’t switch to manual or Sports mode and can simply leave the shifter in D, letting the surplus grunt seamlessly whisk you past traffic. Paddle-shifters behind the wheel allow for more control and were useful on the mountain sections but the sheer immediacy and responsiveness of this gearbox is its forte.
Body control is brilliant over undulating roads and at high speeds it has a poise and precision that is very reassuring. There isn’t too much driver involvement that can be derived from this chassis though. The A6’s electromechanical steering feels a touch too numb, just as in the A8, and that takes a lot away from the driving experience. But it’s ride comfort, space and refinement that really matter in India and in all these counts the A6 scores pretty well.
The best bit is that the new A6 won’t be much more expensive than the outgoing one. The base 2.0 TDI version will be the cheapest A6 yet with a starting price of well under Rs 40 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi). BMW and Mercedes finally have a serious fight on their hands.

Courtesy - 2011 Audi A6, test drive, review Review
Old 25th March 2011, 09:31   #36
BHPian

Finally.. they are getting rid of that 2.7l inefficient diesel motor...
Old 25th March 2011, 09:38   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
Audis are known for their understated appearance with a hint of aggression dialed in. The A6 from the front never looked as menacing as the A4. But now it does with that slightly altered grille and the mean lights up front. Although, when viewed from the side, it seems to be a carry-forward from the outgoing A6, albeit with that strong and muscular ridge just underneath the windows. The rear might have hints of the A4, and that will confuse some. Even some of us!

C'mon, even we get confused between the rear of a Jetta and a Passat. It's nearly identical!

It is, without doubt, a great looking car. But what really takes the cake is that fantastic interior. The wood-trim looks very classy (I have never been a fan of wood in any car, except maybe, a Rolls Royce or a Bentley), and the layout of the dash has moved-on from being extremely Teutonic and precise (to the point of being boring), to something that's quite appealing. Though I do see splashes of BMW's design elements inside it.

That's the thing. Why has this become a rat-race of sorts? Mercedes, BMW and Audi are constantly in a battle to produce the better car, and in the process, they keep losing the plot half-way. The plot being, the need for a great executive luxury car that stands out from the crowd. And I'm not sure if this A6 does.

And that's why, I'll always have a Jeeeaaaag!

In my book, the XF still wins.
With all due respect. Jag is nowhere close to the efficiency of germans in terms of power and handling. If you want a looker... than the Jeeeaaag! may be the best choice.(I still think its an old man's car like cadillac or lexus)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks