Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th August 2010, 22:38   #16
Senior - BHPian

there are after market tire pressure monitors you can fit in any car. need balancing after that.

my nissan quest also has them. A step further, it gives me exact pressure for each tire on the console in addition to a warning.
Old 18th August 2010, 23:36   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekiny2k View Post
there are after market tire pressure monitors you can fit in any car. need balancing after that.

my nissan quest also has them. A step further, it gives me exact pressure for each tire on the console in addition to a warning.
can you give more details bout this vivek, let me see if i can get it done for my car
Old 19th August 2010, 00:02   #18
Senior - BHPian

see this, the cheapest is where you can just install on top of valve stem and just go and check if it's showing correct pressure.

Tire Pressure Monitor TPMS

for real time warning you will need electronic TPMS which communicates to the unit in dash. you can google for more options.
Old 19th August 2010, 00:52   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Quite a few years ago, BMW ran an April 1 (April Fool's Day) advertisement in the UK which claimed several non-existent features for their car. Remote tyre pressure was one of them!

Actually, I think BMW did this for several years, and quite a few of their "joke" technologies later became reality!
Old 19th August 2010, 02:12   #20
BHPian

Do we have this feature in Swift?

There is one similar symbol which comes up when we start.
Old 19th August 2010, 04:37   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
Akas are you asking a question or informing us? Im confused as because if you are asking a question, the answer lies in the link you provided.????
Never mind, thread title changed. I hope i'm not confusing anybody here more.

BTW, Yahoo US repoted around 1/4 th recognized this indicator correctly, so may be it is available in some cars. But i never saw it in any car i've driven in US.
Old 19th August 2010, 09:23   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
I have never seen this indicator.Does it come in modern cars like the Super cars?At first sight of the thread,even i thought it was about the logo of a car !!

y supercars ??? its even there in the Audi A4, the New 5 and quite surely in all the new Jags as well. All the latest releases of the high level sedans would have it. With Audi, its optional, as in you can opt for it if u want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenDay View Post
@PlatzdaTurbo: What car do you own?
Audi A4 3.0 TDI (2010 make)

Last edited by Rehaan : 20th August 2010 at 12:38. Reason: Posts merged. Please use the MULTIQUOTE button instead of making multiple consecutive posts in the same thread. Thanks.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks