Team-BHP - SEMA Show: Las Vegas 2010
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The International Automotive Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/international-automotive-scene/)
-   -   SEMA Show: Las Vegas 2010 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/international-automotive-scene/89044-sema-show-las-vegas-2010-a.html)

Hey all, just thought i'd post up a quick thread to see if anyone from here is going to be at this years SEMA show in Vegas? It would be a great place to perhaps put a few faces to the names on the site.

For those that don't know, SEMA is basically an industry trade show for the automotive world. A lot of concept/customized cars are shown along with high end builds among aisles upon aisles of new products on display from various companies to be released in the coming year. Basically car heaven. lol:

I'll be there all week and will add pics to this thread once I return. In the meantime...anyone else going?

wow, what a ride! another year done and still trying to catch up on sleep. saw some great builds and magazine features up close. lots of great parts coming out as well. amazing the economy is still struggling down there. quite evident by the amount of empty space and actually being able to walk the aisles relatively easily. quite a difference from a few years ago but definitely on the road to recovery.

i've got just over 800 pics and no way i'll be able to post all of them any time soon. however here are a few to get you guys going. enjoy.

here's a few more....

Wow!! SEMA has some really great cars on display this year!!
Nice pics!

Also loads of detailing products(polishes, waxes and sealants) are on display there too!! :D

I had a question, can you buy stuff displayed at SEMA?(mostly small items etc.?)

I've heard that the entry is via a VIP pass only? and acquiring that is super difficult!

Quote:

Originally Posted by sohail99 (Post 2135516)
Wow!! SEMA has some really great cars on display this year!!
Nice pics!

Also loads of detailing products(polishes, waxes and sealants) are on display there too!! :D

I had a question, can you buy stuff displayed at SEMA?(mostly small items etc.?)

I've heard that the entry is via a VIP pass only? and acquiring that is super difficult!

hey sohail, sema is actually an industry trade show. there are no sales allowed on the floor. sales as in cash and carry. the show is designed to showcase new products for the the upcoming year and to generate long term sales by setting up accounts or placing orders with companies you already deal with. truth be told it's just one big party with a side of business. haha.

getting tickets you do have to run a bit of a gauntlet. it's for people/companies who are affiliated with the industry and not open to the general public. proof has to be provided of credentials etc. last year even after i received my passes, they asked me to provide proof once i got there. luckily i carried the right stuff.

having said that, if you're ever in vegas at the same time as sema, be sure to go to the convention center and check out the cars and displays on the outside.....there are some phenomenal rides which the general public can access. without hassle. cheers.

perhaps someone can answer, is there a way to post up a mass amount of pics? as mentioned i've got close to 800......the whole posting one at a time is gonna kill me...

dude, please keep posting them 30 at a time..but don't stop it..this show is a must watch for custom car lovers.

and more....just trying to find ones that don't have to be re sized. some of these aren't from my camera but of friends camera's. i'm sure this thread will be going on for a while. hopefully you guys don't get bored after the slow process. hahha. please bear with me.

a few more that are sized right.

does anyone know of a quick program to use that might re size pics quickly without having to use sites like photo bucket or something of that nature?

^^What's the car in the 2nd pic?

This is a good start mate. Can you upload more pics of the bikes if you got any? Subscribed to this thread.:thumbs up

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fantasy (Post 2142199)
a few more that are sized right.

does anyone know of a quick program to use that might re size pics quickly without having to use sites like photo bucket or something of that nature?

download Irfan View ( free download) and use it's batch file processing feature to re size all the images at a one go . Make sure to have a backup of original images as process is One way and once you have re sized the images, it will not allow you to revert them back to original.

between excellent images . I see few crazy ideas as well, specially the one with 4 rear wheels :uncontrol:uncontrol

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jayabusa (Post 2142865)
^^What's the car in the 2nd pic?

that car is a kitted out 'vette. off the top of my head i forget if it was an actually based on the early 60's version or if it was based on the C5. i'll try and find a bit more info on it if you're interested.

Quote:

Originally Posted by BIG SARAN (Post 2143604)
This is a good start mate. Can you upload more pics of the bikes if you got any? Subscribed to this thread.:thumbs up

i know i've got a bunch of bike pics on my camera. i'll post all i have once i get the pics resized, thanks to sushil. bear with me though...my wife's car decided to give up the ghost and today my blackberry. when it rains it pours. i'll try and have them up by next week. thanks for your patience guys.

Quote:

Originally Posted by .sushilkumar (Post 2143664)
download Irfan View ( free download) and use it's batch file processing feature to re size all the images at a one go . Make sure to have a backup of original images as process is One way and once you have re sized the images, it will not allow you to revert them back to original.

between excellent images . I see few crazy ideas as well, specially the one with 4 rear wheels :uncontrol:uncontrol

thanks for the info, i'll get that downloaded. greatly appreciated.

i've done tandem axle set up's back in the mid 90's (they were big back then, a bit of a rarity these days). if you have any questions about it just ask. i'll be more than happy to share what i might know. cheers.

alright, let's get the party started. finally got the picture resizing thing figured out. i'll post as many as i can tonight. as mentioned before i have over 800. grab a drink and get comfortable.

and more, no particular order

still outside of the south hall at the convention center day prior to the show opening.