Team-BHP - 2012 Toyota Yaris/Vitz Revealed - Now 2019 Version revealed
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The International Automotive Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/international-automotive-scene/)
-   -   2012 Toyota Yaris/Vitz Revealed - Now 2019 Version revealed (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/international-automotive-scene/90875-2012-toyota-yaris-vitz-revealed-now-2019-version-revealed.html)

Mod Note: Our Yaris Report has been taken live at this link. Please continue the discussion over on the new thread. Thanks!

Quote:

Toyota is getting ready to present a new generation of its Japanese domestic market Vitz supermini, which we will come to know (with a few changes here and there) as the 2012 Yaris.

For this reason, Toyota launched a mini site teasing the new car through some cropped images and text, which unfortunately, is in Japanese - any help with the translation would be appreciated. From what we understand, the new Vitz / Yaris will either be unveiled or is planned to go on sale in Japan, in December

The teaser shots on the site match the leaked brochure images of the JDM car that have been making the internet rounds these past few days. The catalog pictures reveal a more aggressive and edgier styling language for the new Yaris, while we also learn that the car is 100mm longer in total length and 20 mm shorter in height, compared to the current model. It also gets a 50mm stretch in wheelbase, which should improve interior space.
Source : Carscoop

Styling is BLEH! But i wish we had got this instead of Etios ! I see a lot of inspiration from Jazz for the dash. Anyone?

Front end looks sharp! Much better than the van-ish Jazz. Rear is average. Vios I guess will come later.

Interior is stylish and soo Italian :thumbs up Looks like they ditched the centerally mounted instruments finally.

With those sharp lines it so resembles the Jazz but why in the first photo the vitz and the other cars are sporting a different emblem ?

Man that is one good looking Toyota inside and out.

And we get the outdated Etios instead, what a shame.

A vitally important car for the European market, Toyota’s all-new Yaris has been launched in Europe.

Also, Thailand is one of the bigger markets for the Yaris and it could be launched there in early 2013.

Quote:

Originally Posted by arjunrudra (Post 2114217)
With those sharp lines it so resembles the Jazz but why in the first photo the vitz and the other cars are sporting a different emblem ?

It's because in Japan every Toyota model has an emblem of it's own in the front and the Toyota corporate emblem at the rear.
Now it looks smashing compared to the older version which looked softish.
Always wondered why they bothered with developing the Etios when they could have brought the Yaris HB/sedan instead.
Me guessing its a 6 speeder purely by the gear lever design.

It looks like a typical Toyota, Ok looking - pleasing no one, but exciting no one.

OTH, the side profile looks like the i20.

Toyota have certainly upped the style stakes with the Yaris. Very removed from the drab Corolla styling, this one is a looker! The detailing on front/rear bumper is pretty cool. And Toyota have done a Honda-like funky interior which blends well with the overall character of the car. A potential big brother to the Liva in India...?

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaserQ (Post 2397775)
A potential big brother to the Liva in India...?

Doubtful. Unless the likes of Honda Jazz start selling more with the current price range.

Wow! A much better looking Toyota.
Wish we get this instead of Liva. But, given that Liva is up for production, its highly unlikely. Any idea on the engine spec?

EDIT:
Wiki says that it's available in 1.0, 1.3 and 1.5 ltr models and a claimed FE of jaw-dropping 26.5 KMPL (probably for the 1.0 ltr model)

Lovely car!! I even liked the earlier gen Yaris and always thought that this will be my first Toyota if and when it will be launched in India. Alas it never came and looks like it will never ever come. Still hope Toyota find some inspiration from some where and launches it here.

This is the kind of Toyota we deserve in India. Not the old, hand me down Etios and Liva. Hyundai, Suzuki (new swift soon), Honda (Brio soon) are all offering new gen cars at Liva money !!

Pardon my ignorance. How different is the Yaris from Liva ?
New engine? New tech?

I guess we are making unfair comparisons between Yaris vs etios/liva without knowing much about.

We don't know how much this costs when landed in India, and if at all it made right sense to bring Yaris to India rather than Etios/Liva (specially made for India only?), then why wouldn't Toyota do that?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ampere (Post 2400470)
Pardon my ignorance. How different is the Yaris from Liva ?
New engine? New tech?

Not sure if the engine/tech is new, but it’s definitely different. The Yaris is a modern car, and you may not see much cost cutting measures as compared to the Liva.

Quote:

Originally Posted by skyliner34 (Post 2401431)
I guess we are making unfair comparisons between Yaris vs etios/liva without knowing much about.

We don't know how much this costs when landed in India, and if at all it made right sense to bring Yaris to India rather than Etios/Liva (specially made for India only?), then why wouldn't Toyota do that?

Valid point. If launched in India, the Yaris would have been in the range of Honda Jazz, and could end up more expensive than Etios sedan. Indeed a recipe for sales disaster (in the current scenario)