Team-BHP - Around the world in a Defender!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The International Automotive Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/international-automotive-scene/)
-   -   Around the world in a Defender! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/international-automotive-scene/9179-around-world-defender.html)

Hey guys, yesterday a Land Rover Defender came to our workshop. The cars origin is from France. Its being driven by a couple and also with them are their 2 small kids. Their car is in a major problem right now with a busted gearbox. They have been driving all the way from Pakistan in 2nd gear or fourth. Right now only the fourth and reverse gear are functional.The whole gearbox has to be changed.THey have been travelling for the past 10 months. Sure needs a lot of courage to move around the world with ur family!! Here are a few pics..

Regards,
Maverick.

WoW thats some expedition. Hats off to that family. U guys at navneet get all sorts of 'imported cars' its shipped,air lifted and now even driven to your workshop!

so where again is this car going to?

Very exciting. As always the Defender is a perfect vehicle for crossing continents with ease. It just refuses to die!!

Hey Maverick,
Thats an awsome ride and an awsome family to venture around the world like that. I was wondering if you could ask them to write a review about their rides so far and post it on Team BHP ?? please:
It sure would be nice to read about their stories and i bet they have quiet a few of them ..

Also how are the repairs going ? when do u think it would be done ? buddy is it possible for you to click some pics of the inside of the car and post it here and also ask them what they are using for navigation ? GPS ? WHAT MODEL ? and what of communication devise they are carring on them ? sorry but just qurious , thats all ...

Looking forward to your reply ....

Well badcheetah i will see what i can do. Dint get to interact with the owners much when they had come. The work on their car is not yet started since the gearbox needs to be replaced.. and it will have to be ordered.. most probably they will be arranging for it. Will have a word with them once they are back. Right now the car is parked at Navnit, while they are sorting out the formalities..

Sounds very exciting
Loved the drawing at the back of the vechical :)
it seems they have displayed their route, the dotted red line
Quote:

They have been driving all the way from Pakistan in 2nd gear or fourth.
ouch!

Thats funny. I saw a Defender 110 kitted out almost the same as that one on the road just a few minutes ago and it was being driven by foreigners!!!

Bad news guys.. the defender was towed away yest to be taken to the ports. The car will be shipped back to France in a container as they say repairs here are gonna be expensive and time consuming. Their last stop of the journey was gonna be in Goa.. which they will go in a plane now.. they were oldschool people.. the were charting the globe with the help of a Compass and Maps.. they say its reliable enough!! dint get to know any more details though..

They should have taken a Toyota!!

I remember a time when there was world peace? when hippies emigrating to Australia would drive down in VW campers. Ditch the vans and take a ship to Singapore and fly down from there. They used to make a lot of money by swapping the engine and other mechanical bits with Beetle owners and parking the remainder in the customs house

Wow, thats my kind of a 4x4 trip! Hats off to this courageous family for their adventure-hungry spirit.

GTO

I love this vehicle. It's simple, robust and tough. But, like Mercedes, Land Rover reliability has been pretty poor of late - sad. The Japs have once again proved superior.
Coming to this family, hats off to them. It takes a lot of courage to undertake a long and gruelling journey like this one.

Spotted this Defender 110 below Hilton Towers. Sweet Looking!

Looks like that family is very adventurous, it takes great amount of courage to go on such a loooong journey:thumbs up