Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th December 2010, 15:09   #1

New Kia Picanto - will it be New i10??

From Autocar UK

These are the first official sketches of Kia's all-new Picanto, released ahead of its official debut at the Geneva motor show next March.
The new car is instantly more recognisable than its predecessor, sporting more masculine styling and the now familiar 'tiger’ face, penned by the firm's design chief Peter Schreyer, and seen most recently on the firm's striking 'Pop' Paris motor show concept.
See the first sketches of the new Kia Picanto
Although these sketches indicate concept car looks, with features including large alloys with low-profile tyres, the car that will be presented at Geneva will be production ready. Sales will start in the UK soon after, reaching showrooms around Easter.
Read more on the Kia Pop concept
The new Picanto will again share its platform with sister firm Hyundai's i10 city car. No interior sketches have been released, but a Kia insider has described it as being "good looking and funky".
Engines are expected to include an all-new three-cylinder turbodiesel.

(Source - New Kia Picanto - first pics - Autocar.co.uk)
Old 8th December 2010, 00:18   #2
BHPian

I was about to post the same thing . I was looking at the spy shots on a blog today and I was wondering how similar it looked to the I10 . And at first I said to myself , the koreans are at their best copying the best cars and then remembered suddenly that kia and hyundai and sister concerns . They share their designs . The earlier picanto also resembled the santro or the atos .
Old 9th December 2010, 11:46   #3
Senior - BHPian

Re: New Kia Picanto - will it be New i10??

The old picanto was based on Getz platform whereas the upcoming one will be based on the current I10 chassis.
The 2013 I10 will again get a chassis of its own.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks