BHPian

My supercars of the year wold be:

1. Bugatti Veryon
2. Ferrari Enzo Fxx
3. 3. Pagani Zonda F
4.Ferrari F430
Old 26th December 2005, 01:19   #17
BHPian

Supercar of 2005- Bugatti Veyron . Nothing comes close.
Old 26th December 2005, 03:25   #18
Senior - BHPian

Bugatti Veyron,baby!

Whats a CCR ,duh??
Old 26th December 2005, 09:42   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duboy
Dear ac27 uncle

Veyron is the best car

It is the fastest car in the world

But it is not special outside.
uncle ??????
and what is "not special outside".
btw, its not b best super car just becoz its d fastest in d world, if that was the case i would have gone in for a american drag racer. . .
its d best bcoz of its ENGINEERING, n its the first time d 1000 HP figure has been crossd.
Old 26th December 2005, 09:43   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by islero
The CCR should also be at least acknowleged, it did hold the fastest production car title, for however short a while. And it remains a wonderful car.
yups ur 100 % correct in this, its a classical lookin super car which performs too
Old 26th December 2005, 10:54   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous
Bugatti Veyron,baby!

Whats a CCR ,duh??

Koenigsegg CCR, Koenigsegg is a Swedish company started by a guy called Christian Von Koenigseg, a self made engineer who was inspired to make a super to beat the legendary Mclaren F1.

It uses a supercharged version of the ford mustang's modular V8 to produce around 800 bhp.
On 28th February 2005, at nardo test track in Italy, it blitzed to an incredible 388 kmph, beating the F1's record. This also was done in a curved circular track, which means a bit lesser seed than the actual capapbility will be recorded, whiole the F1 did it on a 5-mile long straight road.

He also got the liscense to prodiuce about 5-10 units of a flat-12 engine for a few very exclusive cars, but I dont know what happened about that.

Hope that sortof answered your question.

Cheers,
islero

Last edited by islero : 26th December 2005 at 10:56.
Old 26th December 2005, 10:58   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by islero
Koenigsegg CCR, Koenigsegg is a Swedish company started by a guy called Christian Von Koenigseg, a self made engineer who was inspired to make a super to beat the legendary Mclaren F1.

It uses a supercharged version of the ford mustang's modular V8 to produce around 800 bhp.
On 28th February 2005, at nardo test track in Italy, it blitzed to an incredible 388 kmph, beating the F1's record. This also was done in a curved circular track, which means a bit lesser seed than the actual capapbility will be recorded, whiole the F1 did it on a 5-mile long straight road.

He also got the liscense to prodiuce about 5-10 units of a flat-12 engine for a few very exclusive cars, but I dont know what happened about that.

Hope that sortof answered your question.

Cheers,
islero
just to add to this, this vehicles has got doors even crazy than the LAMBOS. ..
Old 25th January 2006, 16:25   #23
BHPian

The Veyron was on Top Gear this Monday!
That's one engineering marvel.... It's a beauty....
JC had some nice comments to make! It was not like anything he had ever driven... and he ended saying that it was a feeling of "Hollow Victory"... Veyron was something that would probably not happen again anytime soon.
Old 25th January 2006, 18:21   #24
Team-BHP Support

The Bugatti Veyron has just overshadowed everything else this year. It's pretty much the ultimate supercar today.
Old 25th January 2006, 18:23   #25
Senior - BHPian

Veyron is an engineering marvel!!
Goes to show wot engineers can do once they set their mind to it.
Old 25th January 2006, 21:43   #26
Senior - BHPian

I know everyone calls it an engineering marvel..it might just be one from the heart..but the surface..is plain ugly..i mean it looks like an obese american..more like a truck...an engineering marvel like that was more suited for a car like the murcielago, FGT, CGT, Enzo, S7, Zonda but not that ugly looking design..and now Audi seems to be following on the same design lines with the crappy looking R8/R9 or whatever they are going to call it..

why oh why dont they look at the wild world around and see what futuristic sports car should look like..

sorry but in my opinion its not a car I give top points to..
Old 25th January 2006, 23:09   #27
BHPian

I think the bugatti veyron is the best super car of all times..... considering by its sheer power and its specs...... and will probably not have a rival for some years to come, as the Volkswagen built it just to see if was possible to do so. and no other company is willing to waste so much of its resources into building a super super car
Old 25th January 2006, 23:21   #28
Senior - BHPian

I disagree..but to each his own..the veyron is an awesome machine but to name it the best of all times..I would not agree..it doesnt have anything exotic about itself if you just look at the exterior..an all time top supercar needs to score a 11/10 on all counts..something like the F1 did..or may be the CGT/Enzo/Zonda F do..

anyhow..Lamborghini might be thinking of 1000hp version as well..but since they are primarily owned by the same parent company it really doesnt count..so yeah no one is insane enough to make a production 1000hp machine..I think that kind of performance could have been achieved without the 1000hp..and I think S7 tt is as close to that as you can get with sort of sane figures 750hp..

Last edited by 1Day : 25th January 2006 at 23:26.
Old 26th January 2006, 13:57   #29
Senior - BHPian

glad to see my name gaining fame after being the subject of mock for many years...

as for the supercar of the year- doesn't my i.d say it all....?

Most Viewed