Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd December 2010, 21:35   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Facelifted 2011 C Class revealed

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay1234 View Post
Haha then why compare? Of course theyre not comparable.

The only Merc LEDs I really like are the E classes. Ok im gonna run from here since I know how much you dislike Mercs

There,....you answered it yourself buddy. Precisely why i compare i dislike Mercs.
but not even the c320/350 cdi are fast enough after a ride in the 3.0tdi A4

Last edited by PlatzdaTurbo : 23rd December 2010 at 21:37.
Old 17th February 2011, 17:55   #17
BHPian

Somehow I feel mercs are better suited in india compared to BMW and Audi.. Because of the famous pliant ride quality. And the C250 cdi is also quick! Kinda perfect combination! Maybe not as fast as A4 3.0 tdi (which is like almost 10 lacs more expensive too) and also not as good a handler as a beemer but you get the famouse merc ride! That I guess is very important on our roads. You'd want a smooth cushy ride when spending that much I guess.. and I have read that the C250 CDI goes 0-100 in 7.xx seconds! Perfect combination!
Old 13th September 2012, 18:27   #18
GRV
BHPian

Hi

Read your detailed post on c class. I am about to buy one. Today I came to know that Eco Start Stop feature is not available on cars that have COMAND Online feature (this feature costs 21 k extra).

The dealer salesman is very much for COMAND online feature and he is de-selling eco start stop capability (this comes without any extra payment) saying it is not relevant for Indian traffic condition as there are so many stops in a journey

Can you please share your views on this ?

Thanks

GRV

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team: Please avoid quoting an entire large post. It inconveniences our small screen & mobile readers.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 13th September 2012 at 18:58.
Old 13th September 2012, 19:36   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRV View Post
Hi

Read your detailed post on c class. I am about to buy one. Today I came to know that Eco Start Stop feature is not available on cars that have COMAND Online feature (this feature costs 21 k extra).

The dealer salesman is very much for COMAND online feature and he is de-selling eco start stop capability (this comes without any extra payment) saying it is not relevant for Indian traffic condition as there are so many stops in a journey

Can you please share your views on this ?

Thanks

GRV

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team: Please avoid quoting an entire large post. It inconveniences our small screen & mobile readers.
Yes start-stop is a very annoying feature, avoid it if you can. I don't see how it interferes with the COMAND system. What does the COMAND 'Online' offer ?
Old 16th September 2012, 19:53   #20
GRV
BHPian

Thanks Sahil

Command online is a top up on existing media system in c class. It adds the following
1. 10 GB of hard disk space

2. DVD player

3. SD card inputs slot

4. Blue tooth capability , one can pair it with ones mobile handset . it has a voice recognition system , and car importS your contact list from phone. While driving I say call home, then this sytem makes an outgoing call to the phone number that is listed in my mobile phone under entry - home

4. further there is a browser in comand that can be used to acces internet in car screen using data connectivity of mobile handset

I also can not understand the logic of if comand system then no eco start stop. But the dealer says this is like it only

GRV
Old 16th September 2012, 20:05   #21
GRV
BHPian

Hi Friends

Please help me with one more advise. I want to install a reverse camera in c class (yet to be delivered). the dealer says it will cost approximately 30-32 k. I have checked the specs on internet. It seems the cemera has no night vision capability and has only wide angle (150 degree)

It does not give any guidance, only a snap shot of the rear.

It is worth going for this camera or can I install any alternative from outside market ? how much a good camera from market will cost ? is it advisable to use outside camera in a new car ?

Thanks

GRV

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks