Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th March 2011, 12:13   #1
Senior - BHPian

Capman Roadster : Made in Dubai

I should have added info about this ages go since my school mate, Praveen Chandran is part of this project!

The Capman Roadster is a sporty vehicle based on the vintage AC Cobra and is the first car to be made by Dubai's Capital Manufacturing LLC. Phil Blizzard talks to Nadeem Dweik, International Sales Manager, about the Capman Roadster, their business goals and what it means to be the first company licensed to produce cars in the UAE.

Each car, modelled on the iconic AC Cobra, is made to order by hand and to the unique specifications of its prospective owner, down to their driving preferences and takes roughly two months to craft at the firm’s Al Quoz facilities.
Prices range from $50,300 to $80,300 for the Sportster, or even higher if you want something extra-unique like a ‘Gucci’ interior.

UAE car manufacturer launches Capman Roadster | Dubai Community Online

CAPMAN Roadster | Facebook

Specs
The new Capman Roadster is a car that promises to deliver on performance with a 5.0-litre Mustang engine producing 215 horsepower.
Weight: 1,100kg
Wheelbase: 2286mm
Overall length: 4013mm
Overall height: 1219mm
Overall width: 1790mm
Ground clearance: 115mm
Fuel capacity: 60 litres

Will post more pix later.

Old 6th March 2011, 23:05   #2
Team-BHP Support

Re: Capman Roadster : Made in Dubai

Interesting stuff.

The guy in the video made is sound like getting a lisence to build a car in Dubai is easier that getting a license to drive a car there . Wish it was like that in India, not to mention the easy import of a 5.0 liter V8!!

Any driving videos?

Here's another thread with some pictures i had taken of Factory 5 Racing's workshop in the USA : My quest to build an AC Cobra replica

cya
R

PS - Here's something interesting. In the USA, Factory 5 could in theory get sued for some kinda failure / accident with one of their cars. Being a small company, they didn't want to take that risk. The way around it? Provide the car as a KIT and get the owners to assemble it... that absolves them of any liability!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks