Team-BHP > The International Automotive Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th April 2011, 00:47   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2012 Jaguar XF Facelift image leaked

Thats just a baby XJ. I like the current one than this.
Old 21st April 2011, 23:35   #17
EP.
BHPian

The article from Car UK:

This is the facelifted Jaguar XF and XFR, unveiled at the 2011 New York motor show.

Jaguar XF facelift: they've fixed the headlights at last!

Yes, the 2011 Jaguar XF has updated headlights, along with a larger grille, reprofiled bonnet and styling tweaks to the front bumper. Officially, the redesign brings the XF into line with the styling cues established by the new XJ in 2010. But for many Jaguar enthusiasts the facelifted nose finally brings the C-XF concept's front end to the production XF. Although we've adjusted to the XF's awkward headlight design since the 2007 launch, the 2011 XF's new visage is a major improvement over the original.

What else is new on the 2011 Jaguar XF and XFR?

Both XF and XFR get new bumper designs - the XF sports three lower intakes with the outer intakes bisected by chrome fins. The XFR has received larger chrome-ringed front intakes which resemble the current design.

In profile, you can tell the 2011 XF from its predecessor by the redesigned side vent, and new side mirrors. The XFR also gets deeper side-sills. Enlarged LED taillights are the news at the rear of the XF. Although the design resembles the taillights on the current car, the 2011 XF's taillight extends further into the bootlid. Jaguar retains the chrome 'blade' connecting the taillight clusters across the rear of the XF. You'll be able to spot an XFR by its deeper rear bumper, quad exhaust pipes and aerodynamic diffuser.

Inside the 2011 Jaguar XF

Inside the XF the changes are more subtle. The XF gets a new steering wheel, revised heating and ventilation switchgear, and redesigned seats. The central touchscreen and instrument panel display have received updated sat-nav and infotainment control software. There's also a fresh range of interior trim combinations. New sound-deadening material has been employed to further improve refinement.

At last, a small diesel Jaguar XF for UK buyers

Under the bonnet sits a change far more significant to XF sales in the UK than any concern over headlamps. As revealed in Chris Chilton's test drive this month, the new XF is available with a 2.2-litre, four-cylinder common-rail turbodiesel engine. It's the engine seen in sister brand Land Rover's Freelander and upcoming Range Rover Evoque, tuned here for 188bhp and 332lb ft.

Jaguar has employed ZF's eight-speed automatic transmission, and an automated engine stop-start system makes its Jaguar debut with the new four-pot diesel.

Step up from the entry-level 2.2 diesel and you have your choice of the existing XF engine range: 3.0-litre petrol, 3.0-litre diesel in 237bhp or 271bhp tune, 5.0-litre V8 and the supercharged 5.0-litre XFR.

When can I buy a 2011 Jaguar XF?

The new XF will go on sale in September 2011 with prices starting at £30,950 for the 2.2-litre diesel engine and rising to £63,780 for the flagship XFR.

Source:Jaguar XF and XFR facelift (2011) first official pictures | Automotive & Motoring News | Car Magazine Online
Attached Thumbnails
2012 Jaguar XF Facelift image leaked-1jaguarxfr2012firstpictures.jpg  

2012 Jaguar XF Facelift image leaked-2jaguarxfr2012firstpictures.jpg  

2012 Jaguar XF Facelift image leaked-3jaguarxfr2012firstpictures.jpg  

2012 Jaguar XF Facelift image leaked-4jaguarxfr2012firstpictures.jpg  

2012 Jaguar XF Facelift image leaked-5jaguarxf2012firstpictures.jpg  

2012 Jaguar XF Facelift image leaked-6jaguarxf2012firstpictures.jpg  

2012 Jaguar XF Facelift image leaked-7jaguarxf2012firstpictures.jpg  

2012 Jaguar XF Facelift image leaked-8jaguarxf2012firstpictures.jpg  

2012 Jaguar XF Facelift image leaked-9jaguarxf2012firstpictures.jpg  

Old 21st April 2011, 23:45   #18
Senior - BHPian

Too close to the XF, and don't like the gaping intakes in the front bumper either. Oh what the heck, it will still sell
Old 22nd April 2011, 12:54   #19
Team-BHP Support

Some info on the new 2.2 diesel from TopGear UK:
Jag reveals new engine - BBC Top Gear
Old 22nd April 2011, 13:11   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingSpur View Post
Too close to the XF, and don't like the gaping intakes in the front bumper either. Oh what the heck, it will still sell
The red one with bigger intakes in bumper is XFR. The white one is normal XF which has the horizontal chrome strip between the intakes which look better.

I have posted More details of new XF models on

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...t-india-2.html

It is expected that the 2.2L diesel model will more than double the XF sales as it will compete directly with 4 cylinder models of German trio. I just wish that Tatas start local assembly for Jaguar also so Indian customers also get to buy these at a reduced price

Last edited by akj53 : 22nd April 2011 at 13:16.
Old 22nd April 2011, 14:55   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Just what the XF needed, a spanking front-end to match the swanky rear end.
The current one's front end just doesn't gel with me !

Yes, it is very similar to the XJ now but thats an identity crisis XF owners wouldn't mind living with

I test drove the XF last month and I am glad Jaguar has gone spot on to change the two sole glitches that stopped me from putting my money down. The front end looks and seats that weren't comfortable enough even after numerous adjustments. The facelift seems to have resolved both issues as seats too have been redesigned, hope thigh support for front seats is better now !

Considering it is being launched in Sept'11 in the UK it won't make it to our shores before Dec'11 !

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks