Team-BHP - Ferrari F430 Banned in US?
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The International Automotive Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/international-automotive-scene/)
-   -   Ferrari F430 Banned in US? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/international-automotive-scene/9960-ferrari-f430-banned-us.html)

It is being reported that sales of the Ferrari F430 may be banned in the U.S. by late 2006 due to the supercar’s airbags being unable to protect a small number of female occupants and children who are buckled into the car’s passenger seat.

Read it here : Ferrari F430 Banned In US

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPEED_DEMON82
It is being reported that sales of the Ferrari F430 may be banned in the U.S. by late 2006 due to the supercar’s airbags being unable to protect a small number of female occupants and children who are buckled into the car’s passenger seat.

Read it here : Ferrari F430 Banned In US

crazy americans... why would they wanna use a sportscar for family purpose :confused: wanna take kids in the car? get somethin like a safari... put the kids in the back... they will be safe and sound... no windows and doors to fiddle with....

imagine having a ferrari and takin your your kids... (and neighbors kids???) to cubbon park for a train ride... rl: get real america....

Quote:

Originally Posted by n_aditya
crazy americans... why would they wanna use a sportscar for family purpose :confused: wanna take kids in the car? get somethin like a safari... put the kids in the back... they will be safe and sound... no windows and doors to fiddle with....

imagine having a ferrari and takin your your kids... (and neighbors kids???) to cubbon park for a train ride... rl: get real america....

10 words: Anil Ambani and his family joy rides in the Gallardo.

Wasn't the Hayabusa also banned in some places?? But there still are a lotta them arnd.

Dude,
Anil Ambani is different
He is like 1% of Lamborghini owners who have chaueffuer driven Lambs.
Crazy Americans - Wow.. now that's a news flash. No wonder they have G. Bush with them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by karthik247
Wasn't the Hayabusa also banned in some places?? But there still are a lotta them arnd.

a speed limit of 240 was put.......no bans thereafter...

Quote:

security is analysed , keeping in mind the average family. average family includes kids and the females...

and what if the kids wanna have fun too?lol:

North Americans have really lost it. This continent maybe the biggest car market in the world but it's also the most boring and the yankees have no idea about automobiles. Many people give more attention to size and ease of cup holders when buying rather then engine, transmission, ride and handling etc. I am serious guys. People here are lazy, they want to sip Tim Hortons coffee while driving.

The Toronto Star every satruday has a section on automobiles. A few months back, they had a write up on the Ferrari Enzo. Excited I started reading it and I realised the article is on how practical the Enzo is for daily driving. So some lucky idiot from Toronto Star got the Enzo and

1. he takes the car for grocery shopping and writes that the car has no boot where you can keep your grocery bags so you have to plonk them on the front seat and he cribs about it!

2. Then he drove the car to country style drive thru for a cup of coffee and cribbed on how uncomfortable it is. Reason? He had to open the door get out of the car and take his coffee cup from the girl at the window. Then he/she cribbed about how uncomfortable it is because there are no cup holders or something.:mad:

There were some other idiotic things that they did and cribbed and cribbed about how the Enzo is unfriendly for daily run abouts. A totally useless and senseless article. The Enzo was borrowed from a owner for this experiment.

North American's obsession with caffeine has had a profound impact on car sales...now thts wat i call utter hogwash...a ferrari 430 is the ultimate speed machine yanks treat it as regular city car...thts fathomable...

Quote:

Originally Posted by amit
North Americans have really lost it.

u bet they have.... imagine buyin a sportscar to go grocery shopping... man what jokers we have in this world.... no wonder the aliens wanna abduct them and experiment with their brains...

btw i see a huge market for the REVA in the US... most practical car for grocery shopping... :D

with all due respect to the americans... why do you think they do everything opposite??? like drive on the wrong side of the road... cos they think from the opposite end

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Post Edited. Smilie usage is restricted to one per post on Team-BHP. Please refrain from using excessive smilies.

We advice you to read the Announcements and Board Rules section before proceeding any further.

Suprised to hear that ferrari will ever run into such a problem after all they are one of the most experienced car manufacturers in the world...and I thought it would just be an error that they didn't notice or somehting...but they actually admit that they aren't able to rectify the problem !!!!

Quote:

u bet they have.... imagine buyin a sportscar to go grocery shopping... man what jokers we have in this world....

Discovery Channel had done a report on the Saleen S7, which Mr Saleen calls it America's answer to Ferrari. Anyways, in that video i remember the owner of Saleen automobiles, saying that they had made that car so practical for 'everyday' use that he himself drove it one day to a local ham-burger/fast food joint, placed a take away order and then asked the waiter to supersize it and guess what all of that he could take it in through his Saleen S7's window ...... talk about being prowd of a window maan.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lamborghini
He is like 1% of Lamborghini owners who have chaueffuer driven Lambs.

:confused: How does one apply for the position ?

i do agree....

on safety issues.....

but who buys a ferrari for the family....

i knw people who rather stop and wait for 10 - 20 mins.....

be4 allowing you to smoke/drink/eat in their cars.....

so do u hink u'd allow kids to sit in the car an fool around....

i dunt think so......

but then again its the us.....

those lazy sobs would req a shower/toilet/kitchen/and the works be4....

they would be happy with the car.....

dont u think so>?????

cheers

psychoLynrl:

Quote:

u bet they have.... imagine buyin a sportscar to go grocery shopping... man what jokers we have in this world.... no wonder the aliens wanna abduct them and experiment with their brains...

Excuse me...you calling me a joker..I have taken my corvette for grocery shopping and things fit just fine...sports cars as we call them are meant to be fun cars to drive daily or atleast over the weekend to do what ever it is that you like..

Are you married? Do you have kids? Well I am married but dont have kids, but I know for sure when I would have kids, me, my wife and kids would be going on some serious rides around town and if the car is insuffcient then its not a good sign..I love sports cars as much as you or even more..but this would rank high on my list to check before buying a car..so dont talk stuff which makes you sound a little imature..

and this goes for every one else here whos thoughts are in line with his..

and btw I see a F430 in my very close future..so yes I am one of those "JOKERS" as you put it who would be going shopping and taking their kids for joy ride in their "FERRARI" (uuuhhh!!)