Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st January 2006, 14:18   #1
BHPian

WRC .. Monte Carlo Rally 2006

MonteCarlo rallye 2006 started yesterday ..
World champion Sebastien Loeb (Citroen) built up a 1min 16.4sec lead before crashing into retirement 5km after the start of the final stage. It is not yet known whether he will restart tomorrow under SupeRally regulations. If so, he will be ninth. A second world champion to retire was Petter Solberg (Subaru). The Norwegian lost a minute after selecting slick tyres this morning. He climbed back to seventh before an oil leak in the final stage irreparably damaged his car's engine.

Team-mate Chris Atkinson excelled on his first Rallye Monte Carlo appearance to hold second, ahead of Toni Gardemeister (Peugeot). Gilles Panizzi (Skoda) held second midway through the leg but poor handling dropped him to fourth. Also out was Gig Galli (Mitsubishi) who retired from fourth in stage four with a broken steering arm after hitting a stone.

The second leg is the longest of the rally and is primarily based to the south of the Var river. As today, it comprises two groups of three stages which are split by a return to the Monaco service. It includes a test which has not been used for 14 years and ends with the first of three passes over the famous Col de Turini. .
Old 21st January 2006, 14:40   #2
BHPian

Sebastian Loeb did start in Ninth place today in Leg II and is giving some phenomenol super fast timings ...
Latest standings :
1 M. GRÖNHOLM 1:41:23.1
2 T. GARDEMEISTER 1:42:57.6
3 M. STOHL 1:43:14.2
4 C. ATKINSON 1:43:19.6
5 F. DUVAL 1:43:32.3
6 G. PANIZZI 1:43:46.4
7 S. SARRAZIN 1:44:17.3
8 S. LOEB 1:44:46.0
9 M. HIRVONEN 1:45:30.0
10 D. SORDO 1:45:36.7

Loeb has already moved up one spot to 8th
Old 24th January 2006, 20:09   #3
BHPian

Marcus Gronholm in Ford Focus wins Monte Carlo Rally 2006 with over a minute to spare over Sebastian Loeb in Kronos Citroen who put in PHENOMENOL drive on wet and slippery Icy conditions to come Second from Ninth place on day Two ..
Old 24th January 2006, 21:38   #4
Tom
BHPian

nice to see Marcus finally getting a very reliable car after a disastrous year in the ever so unreliable 307.
This year the fight should be b/n Petter n Marcus

Last edited by Tom : 24th January 2006 at 21:40.
Old 25th January 2006, 00:23   #5
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
nice to see Marcus finally getting a very reliable car after a disastrous year in the ever so unreliable 307.
This year the fight should be b/n Petter n Marcus
hey, Don't forget about Sebastien , he may not have the company directly behind him but after the blitz to move from 9th to 2nd shows that he's still there in contention for this year's title as well.

GO SEBASTIEN GO !! He's just too cool .. My favorite on the WRC ..

Cheers
Old 25th January 2006, 18:53   #6
Tom
BHPian

well IMO its not jus the driver that matters here....hence i dont think seb will do well...but then u never know.....
Old 25th January 2006, 19:21   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
well IMO its not jus the driver that matters here....hence i dont think seb will do well...but then u never know.....
yeah you are 100% spot on ... Its not only the driver but the car also which is important .. and thats the advantage Sebastien has .. His Citroen Xsara is far superior to Marcus's Ford Focus .. and Petter Solberg is not able to manage the power that Subaru Impreza delivers ... I am sure that battle this year in WRC will be between Sebastien and Petter Solberg
Old 25th January 2006, 20:53   #8
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by haryan
yeah you are 100% spot on ... Its not only the driver but the car also which is important .. and thats the advantage Sebastien has .. His Citroen Xsara is far superior to Marcus's Ford Focus .. and Petter Solberg is not able to manage the power that Subaru Impreza delivers ... I am sure that battle this year in WRC will be between Sebastien and Petter Solberg
Hey, I agree that a car does matter to an extent but then if teh driver can't handle the power under him then that powers of no use. And yes its about the driver .. and Sebastien I think has very good control and even if he has a car at par with his opponents he will pip them to the end due to his immense control and calm attitude.

Yes, the car shud not be on the list of maximum break downs -- !! thats something a driver can't do much about ...

Cheers

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks