Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th July 2011, 10:41   #1
BHPian

Force India to auction hand-painted car for charity

Reproduced from formula1.com

"Force India have announced plans to auction a hand-painted Formula One car later this year to raise funds for two charities. The team have collaborated with motorsport artist Dexter Brown to transform the VJM01-05, driven by Giancarlo Fisichella at 16 races during the 2008 season, into a unique ‘Art Car’.

“Seeing one of my Formula One cars transformed into a painting is a wonderful initiative that combines two of my greatest passions: cars and art,” said Force India chairman and team principal Dr Vijay Mallya. “I wish to thank Dexter for producing this exquisite piece of work, which I am sure will be of great interest to art collectors around the world, and will raise valuable funds for charity.”

The painted car will be completed this week and displayed at several high-profile events ahead of Sunday’s British race, including Wednesday's F1™ Party. An official presentation will take place at Force India’s post-race party on Sunday.

“I was immediately excited by the project,” said Brown. “Of course, it’s not the first car I’ve painted, but it’s the first time I’ve had the chance to work with a modern Formula One car. The last car I painted was a BMW in Genoa in 1993, but the Formula One car was a different challenge because I had to work around the complex bodywork. It’s great to be involved in such a unique project and I look forward to seeing the reaction of the public.”

The 'Art Car' will be auctioned later this year, following October’s inaugural Indian Grand Prix. The funds raised will be split between London’s Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children and Force India’s Academy, which aims to encourage Indian youngsters into motorsport."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is a noble and commendable work and initiative by VJ Mallya.
amitku is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks