Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th February 2006, 20:46   #1
BANNED

Team India story over or what ??

Hey, This morning I read in the Times of India about the Team India not driving in the next grand prix and they are withdrawing as it hasn't been able to get in enough money for the owner . Is this true and if yes .. was this expected or did they go wrong some place in their marketing ??

Comments pls !!

Cheers
Old 9th February 2006, 22:48   #2
BHPian

Hey Khaadu Sahara computers has backed out from funding team india in the a1 series , but now they are being funded by a1 itself and by sum1 else too i forgot his name though , its sum PATRIC...... .He is even sponsoring armaan's drive in this years formula renault (British f3) .
Old 9th February 2006, 23:08   #3
Senior - BHPian

Everyone should look at the A1 GP at a long-term perspective.

Aim at Team-india winning the championship in around 5 years.

It's all a matter of time before Armaan/ Karun are gonna bully the hell out of the competitors. And, i would stay glued watching A1 GPs rather than fixed cricket matches.
Old 9th February 2006, 23:47   #4
Senior - BHPian

All I know is Pakistan is beating us very badly!
And because of the sad commentary and poor on-screen displays, its very boring.
Old 10th February 2006, 01:56   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous
Everyone should look at the A1 GP at a long-term perspective.

Aim at Team-india winning the championship in around 5 years.

It's all a matter of time before Armaan/ Karun are gonna bully the hell out of the competitors. And, i would stay glued watching A1 GPs rather than fixed cricket matches.

Mr.Akbar Ebrahim has mentioned it himself that within a span of 3 years we will be seeing team-india in the top 5 atleast . And as of the next season only god knows who'll be the 2-3 drivers in team-india , mayb RAYOMAND BANAJEE OR AMEYA WALAWALKAR OR ADITYA AKINENI (aditya has got the formula bmw seat this year , hell be racing with Team e-rain , the same team armaan raced for in the asian f-bmw series last year ) OR mayb sum1 else .

Now the man to watch in ne racing series abroad will be OUR*MAN .... ARMAAN !!LOL He is just 16 and has already got a formula renault seat in the british f3 series , Personally i think Karun cant race for **** sake . Karun has only got into racing because of his father MR.VICKY CHANDOK and every 1 knows that . And if he was good in racing he would be in sum racing series sum where or the other and not been officially chucked out from the indian a1 team .
Old 10th February 2006, 02:06   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varun_patra
OR ADITYA AKINENI (aditya has got the formula bmw seat this year , hell be racing with Team e-rain , the same team armaan raced for in the asian f-bmw series last year ) OR mayb sum1 else
Did Akineni race in FISSME or LGB. Looks like he jumped straight from the Rotaxes to F-Asia.
Old 10th February 2006, 02:13   #7
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon
All I know is Pakistan is beating us very badly!
And because of the sad commentary and poor on-screen displays, its very boring.

The main reason Pakistan is beating India very badly in the world cup of motorsport is LACK OF EXPERIENCE as armaan has only the F-bmw asia seris under his belt as of now and ADAM KHAN has already raced in the britsh f3 chapionship and has raced indy cars in the states and has other achievement too , and ya ADAM KHAN hasnt even stepped foot in the country he representing in the A1 gp . Hats off to Armaan whos come from a country like india and you no what kind of racing was present before he went for F-Bmw asia . Yes he had done rotax and F-LGB( pinnacle of motorsport in india as of now ) But look at the difference between the f-lgb and the f-bmw . 1 of my other friends had also gone for the F-bmw try outs with Armaan last year in jan , his name is Abbas ghaddialy and he has quit racing now cuz there is no form of racing as of now in india other than FORMULA ROLON AND F-LGB AND ROTAX . And another main reason Why lots of people dont get into racing in india is due to lack of sponsorship and now even POLITICS , i guess sum people are aware of the issue im talking about .

Jk tyre were the onyl major company sponsoring the races and drivers in india eg. JK-TYRE NATIONAL KARTING CHAPIONSHIP , JK-TYRE NATIONAL RACING CHAPIONSHIP . And now due to sum personal problems of mr.***** ******* . He duznt giv the license to the organisers to run a national chapionship . I hope sum ppl are aware about what is happening in the indian racing scene .

And the main reason why any 1 cant say nething is because the person is the head of the ASN of the FIA in india .

Last edited by varun_patra : 10th February 2006 at 02:21.
Old 10th February 2006, 02:18   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpower
Did Akineni race in FISSME or LGB. Looks like he jumped straight from the Rotaxes to F-Asia.
Hey Mpower ! Aditya raced in the F-Lgb category this year and got a number of podiums under his belt and he even won the indian rotax chapionship in the seniors category and will be representing india in the ROTAX WORLD FINALS early this year

Last edited by varun_patra : 10th February 2006 at 02:38.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks