Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th October 2011, 05:38   #1
BANNED

Mallya: "At the Indian GP, FI has to be on the podium"

If anybody remembers the title of the thread was a statement Mallya made years ago when FI was launched. I'm sure he has been waiting for this a very long time, very anxiously.

I for one, do expect something surprising. Let's not forget how well the VJM04 is in straights, which would be very instrumental in acing sector 3-4.

But realistically speaking, all dreams aside, I think both cars can finish under the top 10 at max.

I'm pretty sure VJM has been preparing for October 30th for a long time. Although the finishes in the past races suggest we cannot expect much, I'm just assuming something will happen only because of Mallya's word. You might say it is foolish to make such assumptions, but name one contemporary team which pulled off a feat like Spa Francorchamps 2009 during their early years.

Any thoughts?
Old 18th October 2011, 16:22   #2
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mallya: "At the Indian GP, FI has to be on the podium"

Remember that very well but do not see any possibility of that unless something bad happens to the top 6 cars (top 6 in Korea). Top 10 is the best they can hope to achieve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D33-PAC View Post
You might say it is foolish to make such assumptions, but name one contemporary team which pulled off a feat like Spa Francorchamps 2009 during their early years.

Any thoughts?
How about Brawn GP? I think they got a 1-2 finish on their debut in Melbourne 09. Any other argument like they were a established team (as Honda - who btw had a terrible 08 season with only Force India behind them) apply equally to Jordan/Midland/Spykar/Force India.

BTW if Force India do achieve a podium result here I wouldn't be any more thrilled than I am to any other team on the podium (besides Williams). For me that team has nothing to do with India even if Mallya is trying to sell that hard.
Old 18th October 2011, 18:12   #3
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mallya: "At the Indian GP, FI has to be on the podium"

A top 10 finish for both Sahara Force India cars would be realistic. They must ensure that they finish 6th in the constructors championship, Sauber are not too far behind. With additional investment coming in, SFI should look to catch Renault next year.
Old 18th October 2011, 18:17   #4
BHPian

Top ten will be a great achievement , top 5 will be stupendous and a podium finish will surely make poonam pandey want to strip again but then you never know . All the best to the Force team. It is a proud moment to see and indian f1 team racing on an indian circuit

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks