Team-BHP - 2012 F1 - European Grand Prix (VALENCIA)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Int'l Motorsport (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/intl-motorsport/)
-   -   2012 F1 - European Grand Prix (VALENCIA) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/intl-motorsport/122061-2012-f1-european-grand-prix-valencia-3.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by sajands (Post 2819275)

Finally, Mallay's pep talk has done some magic, both the cars scored some good points.

-Sajan

Mallya should start by firing his strategist, who has proven himself to be a master at shooting himself in the foot. FI does not have Plan "B." Trying to stick to single stop strategy cost di Resta some points. He was made to do too many laps after his tyres were gone in his first stint. Not bringing him in for a tyre change in the safety car period, cost him at the end, may be not as much as in the first stint.

Suddenly, the most boring race on the calendar becomes one of the best races for me this season. The Hamilton train and the Schumi train through the race was a feast to watch!

What is more special than to watch the best drivers in F1 on the podium! Schumi's podium should shut up EJ for sometime :D

A clean weekend and Schumi was faster by miles than Rosberg!

2012 F1 - European Grand Prix (VALENCIA)-168856_494394707244292_921623984_n.jpg

Something Mr.Smooth said right after the Alonso's win at the Malaysian GP.

"Even after such a bad race - and that's hopefully my bad race for the year gone - I'm still only 10 points off the lead, and that's Alonso in a Ferrari. That's not the worry," Button said.

Button: Alonso is not a worry | Planet F1 | Formula One News

I never thought Sam Michael meant things totally the other way around about the Mclaren pitstop, they did add to Advantage Alonso! Thank you Sam Michael, Go Macca...

McLaren seeking to consolidate pitstop advantage in Valencia - F1 news - AUTOSPORT.com

That painful time in picture...

2012 F1 - European Grand Prix (VALENCIA)-sbk374.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilentEngine (Post 2819096)
It was a case of Maldonado ramming into Lewis than Lewis closing the door on him. Lewis had the racing line, so Maldonado should have backed off.

Maldonado was clearly over ambitious. But Lewis could have done what he did with Grosjean, which was an identical scenario and avoided a collision, no point risking so much with guys like PM/SG/Kobayashi.. it will always end in despair.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hatari (Post 2819381)
Maldonado was clearly over ambitious. But Lewis could have done what he did with Grosjean, which was an identical scenario and avoided a collision, no point risking so much with guys like PM/SG/Kobayashi.. it will always end in despair.

I just hope folks race like how they did a few years back, where the talented raced in front and all the other ignorable had their separate races squabbling in the rear. We do not want such freaks to destroy races of worthy champions. Damn the Pirellis. Lewis was holding the racing line and all Maldanado gets is 20 sec.

But delighted for the Schum, Kimi and the Force Indias, yipeeee !!!:D

Boring race suddenly went most exciting. Super Race! Though I missed first 20 laps, rest were absolute treat.
Alonso drove really well and at the time of safety car he was in the right place.

Kimi was great too. He didn't let Hamilton run away and pounced on sliding Hamilton.

Maldonado, feel sad for him. He has been slapped with a 20 sec penalty which moves him from 10th to 12th. But hey, the incident took both of them out and gave way to destined podium achiever, Michael Schumacher. It was so good to see him on podium after 6 years. Now just the wait for top step.

Whats wrong with Mclaren and their pit stops?

This a 50-50 case, i dont see Maldonaldo at fault here, Drive through penalty was useless anyways...

Lewis Hamilton And Pastor Maldonado Crash | Race | BBC F1 2012 - Round 8: European GP - YouTube

For those who missed the last 2 laps, here is the Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_BpDMDF62Q

I agree its a 50/50 case.
McLaren did their bit to put Lewis in that position and then he went and tried to defend a position in the race and in the bargain lost a good bit of championship points too.

What a fantastic podium that was ! Even though I am a die hard MS fan , I was rooting for Kimi towards the end because it was mentioned by the commentators that if Lotus won it would be 25 years after their last win where the champ was Senna !
Alonso is already a legend in my eyes as he beat Schumi in his prime and he is leading such a fantastic field of drivers with a reasonably crap Ferrari - that guy delivers race after race !
Happy for Schumi , the legend deserves some luck - it was great to see some great defensive driving , tyre management and of course attacking pick outs by Schumi !

This was a great race, how races should be .. unlike Monaco !

I guess Rosbery got past Button and Diresta under yellows and got away un noticed :D
He was around 3.5 seconds behind Button in the penultimate lap and even in the video posted by Pavan,its apparent he is behind Diresta in the last lap.

Quote:

Originally Posted by F50

Whats wrong with Mclaren and their pit stops?

The answer is Sam Michael.

Williams must be rubbing their hands in glee.

2012 F1 - European Grand Prix (VALENCIA)-2006.jpg

2012 F1 - European Grand Prix (VALENCIA)-2012.jpg
Awesomeclap:

Hope MS will be on the top step soon.

Cheers!

Vinu

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAVAN KADAM (Post 2819797)
This a 50-50 case, i dont see Maldonaldo at fault here, Drive through penalty was useless anyways...

If anything, Maldonaldo is clearly at fault here. Don't you see him going off the track? He tried to salvage back some space on the track and in the process went straight into Lewis!
Ideally, Maldonaldo should have held back and rejoined the track after Lewis. But hey, with Michael on the podium, I aint complaining as such! clap:

To the average F1 fan, the Hamilton-Maldonado clash looked like a racing incident. But what really struck me was Hamilton's post race reaction. The same kind of incident a year ago would have triggered a verbal volley from him. But this time around, he played it cool. It was Maldonado who was playing the blame game. A sign of a maturing Hamilton perhaps..?

What a race!!! Really enjoyed it. Especially after the speculation that its the most boring track of the calender. But i feel so sorry for Vettel and Hamilton man. :( Pathetic bad luck.

But Cheers to Alonso. And great comeback (finally) bu Schumy ;)

A large number of DNFs, especially of Lewis, Seb, and Grosjean, added twists to the most exciting race of the year. Two Renault engines with alternator failure in the same race, means Renault needs to work hard to resolve the problem before the last race.
McLaren still needs to work on its pit crew.
It was pathetic seeing mechanics standing in front of the car, coming in the way of the man with the front jack. McLaren needs to ensure that the mechanics have at least average IQ.