Team-BHP - 2012 F1 - European Grand Prix (VALENCIA)
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Int'l Motorsport (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/intl-motorsport/)
-   -   2012 F1 - European Grand Prix (VALENCIA) (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/intl-motorsport/122061-2012-f1-european-grand-prix-valencia-4.html)

Martin Whitmarsh's summary on the whole penultimate lap crash is cool :
“With hindsight you have to say if you are dealing with someone like that (Maldonado) then you maybe have to take a different approach,”

Yes, Maldanodo should be treated like Takumo Sato except that he makes it to the top 10 regularly. Lewis's response was admirable and says lots on his focus this year.

Waiting for another race where he says "This is the best race so far " ( he tells that for every win :) )

Quote:

Originally Posted by polopm (Post 2820746)
Martin Whitmarsh's summary on the whole penultimate lap crash is cool :
“With hindsight you have to say if you are dealing with someone like that (Maldonado) then you maybe have to take a different approach,”

Wonder what he said when LH did the same to PM at Monaco 2011. As you sow so shall you reap.

That said, what an idiot! From sure-shot 12 points at least to 0. :deadhorse

He has pace but his decision making/race-craft leaves a lot to be desired.

Renault to look into alternator failure
Renault to look into alternator issues after Vettel and Grosjean retirements in Valencia - F1 news - AUTOSPORT.com

Paul di Resta rues Force India's one-stop European Grand Prix strategy
Paul di Resta rues Force India's one-stop European Grand Prix strategy - F1 news - AUTOSPORT.com

Pettal now claims the safety car was deployed to ruin his race.

IMO if a car cannot survive the safety car, then its the car to blame. Comments like these from him and Helmet Head remind me of why I don't support them.

Vettel caned for conspiracy claim | F1 News | Jun 2012 | Crash.Net

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samir Taheer (Post 2822444)
Pettal now claims the safety car was deployed to ruin his race.

IMO if a car cannot survive the safety car, then its the car to blame. Comments like these from him and Helmet Head remind me of why I don't support them.

Vettel caned for conspiracy claim | F1 News | Jun 2012 | Crash.Net

I wish they get some harsh penalty soon. Too much of loud mouthing when things dont go in their way. :deadhorse

I didn't believe it but found same stuff here too.

Stuck rubbishes Red Bull conspiracy theory - GPUpdate.net

What a sore loser! They should be penalized or something. I hated to see him win earlier. Now I am going to hate it even more.

Seb had it easy last season, this year has proved a bit harder. He is so used to running away at the front, but now he has to accept being beaten. Vettel, prove your mettle!

Third podium for Kimi. The Lotus cars are devilishly close to a victory, but someone always steps up ahead of them. I know this prediction has been coming for quite a few races, but me thinks a Lotus driver on the top step in Silverstone is a good possibility. Lord, let it be the Iceman

Quote:

Originally Posted by shadow (Post 2823462)
Third podium for Kimi. The Lotus cars are devilishly close to a victory, but someone always steps up ahead of them. I know this prediction has been coming for quite a few races, but me thinks a Lotus driver on the top step in Silverstone is a good possibility. Lord, let it be the Iceman

Well, let us hope you are right :). But, i don't think we are going to see a Lotus Victory in Silverstone. It is going to be a lot cooler than Valencia. Its more looking like Redbull right now. We do not know what Mclaren upgrades would be worth. I just hope its not 2011 all over again from now on. Kimi is usually strong in the second part of the season (2007, 2009 springs to mind). So lets hope the iceman gets on the top step of the podium soon (before Gro)

I think we could see a Lotus Victory at Germany / Spa.

Found this by the way - European GP 2012 / unofficial fansite McLaren Racing

A definite site to bookmark. I have been comparing drivers and it is interesting to see that Felipe was just ahead of Button till Kobayashi hit him. I am extremely gutted for Felipe and i hope his luck turns around.