Team-BHP - 2013 F1- Australian Grand Prix
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Int'l Motorsport (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/intl-motorsport/)
-   -   2013 F1- Australian Grand Prix (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/intl-motorsport/133712-2013-f1-australian-grand-prix-5.html)

All the folks blaming Force India's tyre choice need to remember that it was the tyre choice that put Sutil up that high. Their problem was management of the super soft tyres and the car could not do that. They need to figure out a way to make the softer tyres last.

If Sutil had started the race on super softs, he would have just followed everybody's tyre stops and would be scrapping in the middle order where he eventually finished.

Also note that each car has to use by regulations two different tyre compounds during a race.

Awesome start to this season with my 2 favourite drivers grabbing 1st and 2nd clap: Though was i the only one who genuinely missed Mr. Slater's enthusiasm? I hope its just a temporary absence cause like someone mentioned on this forum, he really pulls you into the action and his traditional "as the five red lights go out, the XYZ grand prix is go!" always manages to put a big grin on my face.

Quote:

Originally Posted by D33-PAC (Post 3068448)
I think Sutil will be on the podium sometime this season, no doubt.

What a drive by Sutil! Easily the driver of the race.

I second that :)
I think he will now be the alpha-male of Force India. IMO, Hulkenberg wouldn't have been able to put up such a good show( He is an awesome driver but Sutil is better, yes!)
He will be one of the driver to watch out for during the entire season.
Go Force India Gooo! clap:

-Bhargav

Awesome race from Lotus in setting up a car that is easy on the tyres to go for a 2 stop strategy while still quick enough to get fastest lap in the penultimate lap of the race when the tyres would have lost its performance normally.

Also, intelligent driving from Kimi when Vettel, Alonso and Massa got bottled up behind Sutil. Nice to see Kimi maintaining his distance from the lead pack to ensure his tyres were not damaged by the exhaust from the car in front. That is experience. Alonso and Vettel ended up pitting a second time before Sutil's first stop.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vikram_d (Post 3068466)
If Sutil had started the race on super softs, he would have just followed everybody's tyre stops and would be scrapping in the middle order where he eventually finished.

Also note that each car has to use by regulations two different tyre compounds during a race.

Fully agree. Force India did the right things with tyre choice. Sutil moved up only when others in front switched to super softs.

Given how the super soft failed to work on Sutil's car in the last stint, it would have been much worse on a heavier car with full fuel load which would have been the case if they started the race on super softs .

Quote:

Originally Posted by vikram_d (Post 3068466)
All the folks blaming Force India's tyre choice need to remember that it was the tyre choice that put Sutil up that high. Their problem was management of the super soft tyres and the car could not do that. They need to figure out a way to make the softer tyres last.

I checked into the race quite late so I wasn't able to see tyre options.
Were the soft tyres not available among the two options, medium and soft? Or was it medium and super soft the only option?

Kimi 'iceman' Raikonnen and Fernando 'el nano' Alonso look so good while driving. The calculated risks they take, their smooth driving style and their charisma have always pulled fans towards them.
Both of them have competent cars this year and I predict a 2013 Champion and Runners-Up in either of them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maky (Post 3068521)
I checked into the race quite late so I wasn't able to see tyre options.
Were the soft tyres not available among the two options, medium and soft? Or was it medium and super soft the only option?

It was Medium and Supersoft only.

Quote:

Originally Posted by arun_josie (Post 3068558)
It was Medium and Supersoft only.

I see...
Well then he had to make the Mediums last longer and then switch to SS for the last 5 laps or so, I beginning to think even 5 is asking too much from this years SS tyres though.
This years FIs cars race pace looks good they must simply find a way to make the tyres last longer is all unlike the McLaren which seems to be an inherently rubbish car. Improvement on 1 lap pace for qualy wouldn't hurt either...
As I understand it Australian track temperature was very low and Malaysian GP should give a much more accurate Idea of the 2013 tyres Deg.

Didn't see that coming, but I am not complaining!
As Pirelli chief Paul hembery said Kimi delivered a master class in tyre management. But it was more than just tyre management. Setting fastest lap at the end showed he had enough pace right till the end.
It's going to be a good battle this year between Kimi, Fernando and Seb. If Merc can sort out their race day issues then Lewis can join in.

Note from Mod: There are several spelling & grammatical errors in your posts. This negatively affects the board experience for other readers.

Kindly ensure that you proof-read your posts prior to submission. Also, it would be a good idea to use spell-checkers.

As much as I wanted Lewis or mclaren to win, the exact opposite would have been an rbr or (shudder ) a red car on top. So kudos to Kimi. Have to wait and see if they can be consistent with the pace, on track, as well as development levels of other teams.
Hammy is showing some good fight, while Perez is looking even more of a knee-jerk disappointment .

I fee this will be more open season, with noone actually running away with the title mid season.

clap: My man kimi is baaaaaack. Finally after a long time he is winnin a race. Just hope he can keep this up and actually challenge for the title. Last year he may have come third but never threatened Alonso or vettel at any point for the title.

Impressive race tactically and his tyre preservation was top notch

Quote:

Originally Posted by pganapathy
clap: My man kimi is baaaaaack. Finally after a long time he is winnin a race.

You forgot last year's Abu Dhabi race were he knew what he was doing!

Okay, Being a red bull fan, or more of a vettel's fan. I was disappointed with their pace today, Webber took off from 2nd position, but his launch was quite disappointing.

Though, I didn't expected kimi to take the title, but a well deserved for him. My dad was all cheering up for Sutil, when he was leading, and i must say, he did drove quite well too.

nevertheless, this is the first race and many more to go, and I hope to see vettel and redbull leading the drivers and team table soon :)

Cheers,
Sameer

Brilliant race indeed,especially for Force India - Mercedes.I know its just the first race,but we're ahead of McLaren-Mercedes on the constructors table at number 5 position and that just feels real good!Very excited and looking forward for the next race at Sepang F1 Circuit,Malaysia especially since I was there for a competition representing my college and India for the Shell Eco Marathon 2012 and I literally saw the entire circuit in and out,the podium,the flags room,the paddock,the grandstand,the track tour,hell I even worked on our prototype in pit number 21 for three consecutive days.Simply adds to the thrill :)