Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th June 2006, 05:10   #16
BHPian

Location: Windsor, Canada... But still a Bombay-Boy at heart !!!

Some of you guys make me sick that i ever joined T-BHP. Team BHP has an excellent reputation and your childish behaviour is just ruining it. If you read my post correctly, which you apparently have not, I have criticized the present Honda and Toyota racing teams, not their past racing achievements. Like I said, they should just stick to engine supplying. right now, they are just going the Tyrell and Jaguar way; the way to extiniction. and those who launched personal attacks on me, questioning my competence, (i used to see F1 even before people in India had ever seen a race on Star Sports) heres my message to you, the truth cant be hidden - Love it or Shove it !!!
Old 16th June 2006, 06:48   #17
Senior - BHPian

Ummm, Ranjan, u joined the debate (which was beginning to get focussed on the topic, not the poster) at the lowered level of discussing who knows what. Not productive, is it ?
Old 16th June 2006, 08:15   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjan united
and those who launched personal attacks on me, questioning my competence, (i used to see F1 even before people in India had ever seen a race on Star Sports) heres my message to you, the truth cant be hidden - Love it or Shove it !!!

Well then, please do me a favour and tell me when was F1 first broadcasted in India on Star Sports or whichever other channel????? {but then why am i asking you(scratching my head), answers exist in google i guess} And secondly, how old are you bro????, asking you since you say that you have been following F1 for a long time. BTW, watching the sport on TV for a long time is one thing, whereas understanding and writing off a team on the basis of just half a season is quite another. And isn't Honda sitting pretty at No.4 in the constructors standings, that to me shows that their performance this season as well is not bad at all.

Ranjan, i feel the your title to this thread writing off Honda and Toyota F1 teams as jokes doesn't make sense and sounds very immature. Otherwise your opening post in this thread definately worth debating. No offences meant

Cheers

Last edited by prince85 : 16th June 2006 at 08:26.
Old 16th June 2006, 12:43   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sujaylahiri
Here is the proof
http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns16913.html

And they might name the engines as Lexus, so it'll be Williams-Lexus.
Where in that article it says TOYOTA & Williams has confirmed engine deal. Even the title has question mark in it.
Besides you have given link to the article which is dated to 2nd June where as link to article posted by me is dated 10th June.

Quote:
If you read my post correctly, which you apparently have not, I have criticized the present Honda and Toyota racing teams, not their past racing achievements.
Thread title is "Honda and Toyota - not teams but Jokes"
Some bits and pieces from your article
Quote:
Honda and Toyota are not true F1 teams, but jokes. the Japs have to realize that their style of work doesn't suit F1 or any other racing principle.
Quote:
sorry guys, it doesn't work that way. no matter how much money toyota puts in, it wont matter, coz they can't run a F1 team.
Quote:
i'd rather see minardi and arrows back instead of toyota and honda.
I'm sorry friend that's bashing.
Old 16th June 2006, 12:51   #20
Senior - BHPian

Wow, just gang up on someone and beat him up. That too, this time the mods are in on the action.

So if the guy knows nothing about F1, is there really a need to get this personal? I think some of you need to read Rudra's thread again.
Old 17th June 2006, 00:34   #21
Senior - BHPian

What a waste?
All people on this forum talk as if they are F1 guru's.

Toyota has truly failed as Company backed F1 team.The money they put in F1 and the number of skilled people that they hired from other teams more than make up for their lack of experience in F1.Mike Gascoyne anyone?Toyota actually fired a good knowledgeable guy like Mike who they brought over from Renault.That shows that there is a lot of high handedness in their behavior.

Honda has done reasonably well in F1 but are struggling big time this year.
Old 17th June 2006, 07:23   #22
BHPian

Hmm, im really not a F1 fan nor do i watch the sport coz i think its kinda boring. But arent Toyota and Honda rather new to manufacturin chassis?
Coz engine is one thing. U can see the difference Ferrari and Red Bull both use the same engine right? Still there is a gap between them??
Drivers?? I really doubt it. If they were runnin spec cars im sure atleast 16 drivers will be within .5 seconds of the top driver.
Id probably attribute it to the chassis and to the teams experience in settin up the car for the given track, weather conditions.

These things arent things u learn overnight, is it?
Ferrari has been makin chassis since the first GPs. Mclaren from the late 60s. Williams and renault in the 70s. I know the cars r much different than what they used to be but all changes were gradual. And experience counts. All i can say its too early to judge either Honda or toyota yet, give them time, u never know....
Old 17th June 2006, 15:02   #23
BHPian

Location: Windsor, Canada... But still a Bombay-Boy at heart !!!

honda and toyota can have all the time they want. my problem isn't their performance, but the reasons for their poor performance. the Hire & Fire policy just doesnt work for F1.
Old 18th June 2006, 11:50   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
honda and toyota can have all the time they want. my problem isn't their performance, but the reasons for their poor performance. the Hire & Fire policy just doesnt work for F1.
Does their poor performance disgust you? Here's a simple sollution. Forget F1, start watching IRL.

Shan2nu
Old 22nd June 2006, 08:11   #25
BHPian

Another recent example of a major Honda reshuffle
http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns16986.html

As recent as June 20, 06.

And then this one confirming it on June 21st, 2006
http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns16989.html

Last edited by sujaylahiri : 22nd June 2006 at 08:12.
Old 22nd June 2006, 10:02   #26
BANNED

Sheesh such viciousness..and then some people point finger's at me for being rude.
RU.. here's the thing.. like you said in your post.. love it or shove it... well I think from reading the entire thread here.. people are telling you NOT to do the former.
Do you really think just coz team A comes in with 10 times the budget of other team's they are going to get instant gratification? This is not like drag racing where the person with the most bucks gets the biggest bang.
I completely support the hire and fire policy in F1.. if you can't perform in the stipulated period of time.. well then you have no business being in this business... and yes thats exactly what it is.. BUSINESS!
As for being sickened by as you put it some of us guys here (that don't see your point of view).. well three lil words for you.. DEAL WITH IT!
Have a nice day!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks