Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th September 2014, 19:39   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2014 Italian GP - Autodromo Nazionale Monza - Race Thread

What a mood killer Rosberg is. Was all set to see them fight and he spoils it.
Great racing and fighting all through. Shame for Ferraris.

Disappointing race for Button, his race craft is dulling and he doesnt seem as sharp.
Too much speculation for next year maybe.. his head is on the chopping block.

Seb comes out licking his wounds again...
Hatari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2014, 20:46   #17
BHPian

Cool. So that's Rosberg punished over Spa fiasco, clever from Mercedes.

Sent from my iPhone using Team-BHP
Old 7th September 2014, 20:55   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Rosberg move looked deliberate.
Excellent racing by Ricciardio and Bottas. And the fight between Perez and Button was also awesome. But Force India is having a bad second half of this season.
So Ferrari @P4 in constructors now. Good part is there is a big gap between P4 and P5 so they can at least maintain P4.
Old 8th September 2014, 07:00   #19
BHPian

Ferrari have been on the podiums for the Italian GPs since 2008 and 2008 was an excellent year for Ferrari. This is the first time they have done so badly at Monza in many years. They need Ross Brawn or Flavio (yikes!!). Have to admit, Ferrari are gradually losing their bearings as a top team. Big wake up call for them.

Excellent drive from Hamilton, Massa, Valteri and Ricciardo.
Old 8th September 2014, 11:50   #20
Senior - BHPian

Brilliant race, worth the watch. It did not matter that Rosberg & Hamilton did not fight it out for the first place, we had enough excitement down the order. Witness Bottas and Ricciardo!

Pity about Kvyat, in the end, losing his brakes. He had fought his way from the back of the grid to a points position. Wish he had got one.

And I certainly did not appreciate Magnussen not taking his 5-second stop-go penalty. Not very sporting of him. Had he taken it, we might have seen even more fireworks as he fought to gain the positions he lost!
KiloAlpha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2014, 11:51   #21
Senior - BHPian

Great fighting all over the places (except the podium positions).

I guess Nico's had his punishment. Both of Nico's "mistakes" were quite strange to me. The lockup was minimum. Now I didn't see Monaco qualifying but he had much bigger lockups in Canada (where he went straight) and in Spa (while overtaking someone). Plus Toto was smiling when Nico made that "mistake" which handed over the lead. To top it all, Nico looked "cheerful" with 2nd unlike the glum face in Hungary when Hamilton beat him to 3rd. I also noticed they didn't talk to each other but were talking to Massa (immediately after the race).
asr245 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2014, 12:01   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloAlpha View Post
And I certainly did not appreciate Magnussen not taking his 5-second stop-go penalty. Not very sporting of him. Had he taken it, we might have seen even more fireworks as he fought to gain the positions he lost!
He's entitled to do what he did, by adding the 5s to his race time, since he didn't plan on pitting. That's allowed in the regulations.

The point is, a 5s penalty is the mildest penalty, meant to make you lose only 5 seconds (duh! ). If he had to take it (the way you wanted) he will have lost not just 5 seconds, but also the entire pit-lane drive-through which comes to 22 seconds.
arunphilip is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th September 2014, 12:10   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubby View Post
Cool. So that's Rosberg punished over Spa fiasco, clever from Mercedes.

Sent from my iPhone using Team-BHP
Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
Rosberg move looked deliberate.
Excellent racing by Ricciardio and Bottas. And the fight between Perez and Button was also awesome. But Force India is having a bad second half of this season.
So Ferrari @P4 in constructors now. Good part is there is a big gap between P4 and P5 so they can at least maintain P4.
I dont think it was deliberate. He's already rumoured to have been fined $200000 and warned. Spa is a closed chapter.
No driver in the world would have accepted this.. realistically 14 points when he's aiming for his 1st WDC. Close to impossible I would say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asr245 View Post
Great fighting all over the places (except the podium positions).

I guess Nico's had his punishment. Both of Nico's "mistakes" were quite strange to me. The lockup was minimum. Now I didn't see Monaco qualifying but he had much bigger lockups in Canada (where he went straight) and in Spa (while overtaking someone). Plus Toto was smiling when Nico made that "mistake" which handed over the lead. To top it all, Nico looked "cheerful" with 2nd unlike the glum face in Hungary when Hamilton beat him to 3rd. I also noticed they didn't talk to each other but were talking to Massa (immediately after the race).
The smile came before the mistake.. when Lewis was closing.
But yes, they cant even look at each other. Bound to happen actually.. a WDC is worth far more than friendship.
Hatari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2014, 13:38   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatari View Post
I dont think it was deliberate. He's already rumoured to have been fined $200000 and warned. Spa is a closed chapter.
Well, I am not alone in this.

http://adamcooperf1.com/2014/09/07/w...racy-theories/

2 offs without big lock-ups. Another thing I find suspicious is that Rosberg pulled away by 2 seconds (not per lap) in the first 2 laps but then gap to Massa/Mag remained at about 3-4 seconds for the next 5-6 laps till he made the 1st "mistake".

Another point to deliberate is Mag's penalty. Sure, I thought that Bottas would have got round him (and he was ahead) that time around but again cannot understand how this deserved a penalty and Spa incident didn't. Does the team need to appeal to investigate an incident?
asr245 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2014, 14:28   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asr245 View Post
Well, I am not alone in this.
I don't think so. Which driver will agree to take a penalty from the team in the next race, loose valuable world championship points and want to make it look like his own mistake to other? If it was a penalty, any driver will make sure that the whole world know about it.

I guess, Rosberg just cracked a bit looking at Hamilton' hammer time, overcooked his braking point and took the escape route for damage limitation. He might have realized that collecting 18 valuable points is better than locking up, risk flat spotting the tyre and taking one more pit stop. The speeds at Monza is quite high and flat spotting a tyre will have huge ramifications. An additional pit stop for certain.

Hamilton had an upper hand the moment he put his Merc 0.274 seconds ahead of Rosberg on Sat. Think about it, 0.274 seconds up on one of most straightforward tracks even when you are faster in the first sector. Rosberg just didn't recover from that at all in spite of the first lap bonus.

But, Nico is a very clever chap. He is in it for the long haul and this season is going to be very interesting.
deetjohn is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks