Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport

Search this Thread
Old 10th November 2014, 11:53   #16
BHPian

Re: 2014 Brazilian GP - Autódromo José Carlos Pace (Interlagos) - Race Thread

I don't see any posts on the race, so am assuming everyone woke up late after seeing it on SS4. (Damn it no HD again, why should I watch some stupid ISL football ).

The race was damn good and Lewis blew it. He cooked his tyres and skidded off and then following Rosberg ensured his tyres gave up the ghost earlier.
Nico was clinical, the talent is clearly with Lewis. Seeing Nico win this year's championship (if that happens ), will leave such a bad taste in the mouth.
Old 10th November 2014, 12:03   #17
Senior - BHPian

Somehow I have been finding the races quite boring. The 2 Mercs raced off into a distance, then (usually) there's a lonely Williams (one of the 2 Williams drivers always seem to hit trouble) and then the rest, squabbling over remaining points. (I admit I didn't watch Austin GP). Things only become interesting when one of the Merc fails!

I like that Lewis races even when he doesn't need to, unlike Rosberg - who seems to fall asleep in the middle of the race, but I say he was lucky not to go into the wall with that lock-up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
Close battle between the Mercs today. Hamilton will be ruing that spin. Apparently he had his brake bias kept too far to the rear. He braked for the corner and the car snapped. A great come back though! But Nico had more than enough to keep Lewis behind.
I believe his rear bias was the reason his brakes failed in Montreal while Nico was able to carry on, even though both had the same problem. It seems Nico favors more forward bias but rear bias seems faster. This from the radio query Nico made in Montreal.
Old 10th November 2014, 14:22   #18
BHPian

I think I am becoming a S**ker for HD TV! I was not interested in watching this race simply because there was no HD telecast. The sound was not good, the clarity was not there and its was simply not as appealing as HD telecast. Having said that, it was indeed an "interesting" race. Like the fight between the two Mercedes drivers. Nice!
SFI boss sounds confident " Formula One can be unpredictable and we're ready to take the championship battle for fifth down to the wire." - source F1.com
With just one more race for the season to finish, its a pretty decent picture!
Old 10th November 2014, 14:25   #19
Senior - BHPian

Mods: Sorry no edit option now.

I think Button drove supremely well. Ahead of 2 RBRs, 2 Ferraris and a Williams, and yet again ahead of Magnusen. If he was 10 years younger, people would have called him a future WDC. I am starting to hate Mclaren the way they are treating their drivers. I wish Massa was out of contract at Williams as then they could have got Button. Button deserves a better send out.
Old 10th November 2014, 14:44   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtonsing View Post
I think I am becoming a S**ker for HD TV! I was not interested in watching this race simply because there was no HD telecast. The sound was not good, the clarity was not there and its was simply not as appealing as HD telecast.
I know - I went from standard definition TV telecast (my CRT TV doesn't support HD) to HD streaming from Star Sports. The next step is to look for 50 fps torrents of the races - the fluidity and smoothness of the motion is to be seen to be believed. (Note: the first time you see 50 fps, you'll feel the motion to be 'artificial'. In reality, its just that our minds are wired to jerky 25 fps that a doubling of frame rate seems unnatural).
Old 10th November 2014, 15:30   #21
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Apart from the SD broadcast on Star sports 4 ,they also have a ton of Ads.

Lewis was loosing time in corners because of the reduced downforce when he is behind Rosberg.I think Rosberg was using all of the KERS on the straight line.
Old 10th November 2014, 20:23   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Brilliant drive by Mercedes. However, though it's painful to even articulate this, but could there be a little bit of "Bernie " effort to keep the double point system interesting heading into season close?
10 laps Lewis was behind rosberg with the same gap which he had effectively been covering every previous lap?

Anyhoo, fingers crossed that he's crowned again.
Old 11th November 2014, 17:42   #23
Senior - BHPian

Was a great race to watch. Hamilton in the second stint with the fastest lap was reminiscent of schumi and senna. That was a fantastic lap and right there he deserved to be champion if you ask me.

Button has really upped the game in the second half of the season and the poor bloke cant find a race seat. If he wasnt so expensive, Mclaren would have had no problem pairing him with Alonso for 2015. In my opinion he is extremely important for the development of the Mclaren-Honda partnership.

Great dice by Kimi and Alonso towards the end as well. Looked to me the Ferrari pitwall were eager for Kimi to finish ahead of Alonso. Little do they know that even few gods cannot stop the spaniard. :-) I wonder what their strategy for Abu Dhabi is going to be. Double points and extremely tight on engine allocations, I hope Alonso doesnt need to start from the pitwall in the final race.

Extremely happy to see Massa on the podium. Anyone hear the screams from the grandstands when he crossed the finish line? Simply Amazing! I think last weekends podium makes him the most successful Brazilian driver on a Brazilian circuit.
Old 12th November 2014, 17:12   #24
Senior - BHPian

Great race and podium interview. Piquet had clearly had one too many and was not thinking with his brain! Lewis walked off and im sure Piquet got a mouthful on his earpiece to start talking sense again.
Old 12th November 2014, 17:52   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fullrevs View Post
Was a great race to watch. Hamilton in the second stint with the fastest lap was reminiscent of schumi and senna. That was a fantastic lap and right there he deserved to be champion if you ask me.

Button has really upped the game in the second half of the season and the poor bloke cant find a race seat. If he wasnt so expensive, Mclaren would have had no problem pairing him with Alonso for 2015. In my opinion he is extremely important for the development of the Mclaren-Honda partnership.

Great dice by Kimi and Alonso towards the end as well. Looked to me the Ferrari pitwall were eager for Kimi to finish ahead of Alonso. Little do they know that even few gods cannot stop the spaniard. :-) I wonder what their strategy for Abu Dhabi is going to be. Double points and extremely tight on engine allocations, I hope Alonso doesnt need to start from the pitwall in the final race.

Extremely happy to see Massa on the podium. Anyone hear the screams from the grandstands when he crossed the finish line? Simply Amazing! I think last weekends podium makes him the most successful Brazilian driver on a Brazilian circuit.
JB is waking up when the axe is nearing and that is his problem. You cannot blame McLaren fully if they axe him. No one will miss him after 2 races in 2015.

But it was nice to see Kimi defending. To keep Alonso chasing was something nice which hasn't happened for a long time.

Most Viewed