Team-BHP - Formula One drivers lineup 2007
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Int'l Motorsport (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/intl-motorsport/)
-   -   Formula One drivers lineup 2007 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/intl-motorsport/15836-formula-one-drivers-lineup-2007-a.html)

Silly Season has started.

Red Bull announced that Mark Webber is going to team-up with David Coultard.

According to Finnish Press Kovalainen has sign a deal with Renault for 2007.
Flavio says that Webber is not available and Kovalainen is saying that he is going to race next year.

So ...... This means KIMI is coming to FERRARI.

Big Question is :

is it M.SCHUMACHER - KIMI
OR
is it KIMI - MASSA

MONZA has the ANSWER

i think ferrari are going to maintain the same driver line up
and probably mclaren would be seriosuly power packed with the alonso-kimi package.
just wondering what honda is gonna do. button has i think mor eor less secured a drive for the next season, leaves me seriously guessing about the second driver's seat, rubinho has kinda got a hang of the car, but will he stay?
webber seemed like the perfect replacement for alonso at renault, but now flavio has some seriosu thinking to do!!

manson.

http://www.totalf1.com/view-article.php?newsid=170734

Quote:

Red Bull confirms Coulthard, Webber for 2007.

To no-one's great surprise, Red Bull Racing has confirmed that David Coulthard will be retained for 2007, and paired with former Minardi, Jaguar and Williams pilot Mark Webber, who quit the Grove team in the build-up to last weekend's Hungarian Grand Prix.

Although the Australian was regarded as a potential Renault driver next season, speculation that he had also been talking to Red Bull surfaced between the German and Hungarian grands prix, and the Milton Keynes-based RBR team added to a busy post-Budapest Monday by confirming that, despite its main sponsor's desire to bring on young talent, he would be joining the retained Coulthard next season.

"We chose him for a number of straightforward reasons," team boss Christian Horner said in a statement, "One, he obviously has undoubted speed and ability, and, two, he appears to have the determination and motivation needed to succeed.

Also read a couple of days back that Kimi has officially signed the contract with Ferrari and they will announce it during the Italian GP

MS had announced he'll let out his decision on if he'll retire or not during the Italian GP.

Its about time Kimi had got a very good car, and finally Ferrari have come to help him out. This guy is just so much faster than Fonsi and Michael at times.

well it was great news that Weber got RBR seat... it would've been great to drive for Renault, but it increasingly looks like heikki will be driving for them, or maybe Kimi?
Kimi-Alonso will be a great line-up for McLaren, but it would do no good for either of them or the team coz Merc and McLaren don't seem to have a fast car. But I would love it if Kimi hung-on to McLaren... but he'll end up winning only one title .... 'Greatest F1 driver who never won a champioship'!

Most probably its going to bo Heikki who will replace Fernando at Renault and in fact a finnish paper claim that he already signed a contract with Renault.
I think Redbull will be among the top teams next season because Adrian Newey will design the car for them next season. Lets see.

Quote:

Originally Posted by F50
Big Question is :

is it M.SCHUMACHER - KIMI
OR
is it KIMI - MASSA

MONZA has the ANSWER

It'll be sad if its Schumacher - Kimi, because Massa has proven he's up there with the best.

I'd like to see Kimi - Massa, but that would mean that I'm wishing for a great career to come to an end. I've been a Schumacher fan since '98-'99.....be tough to see him go.

hmm, well more like silly season ends really.
The silly season has been really hetcic and long this time around and was finally decided by a few things.

The absolute end will be decided in Monza of course, so MS has the last say on things and its only then will we know where Kimi is headed.
Some drivers worked hard to keep the silly season alive whereas some worked themselves out of a Job

Monty & JV both got booted out

JV will be replaced by Kubica

Who gets the Mac seat is still based on Monza.

Webber goes to red bull, Klien loses his race seat, Wurtz finally gets a race seat... Man he had to wait.

Luizzi will retain his race seat i'm sure, i dunno abt speed. Mayb e him and Klien will share.

What will happen to Midland as a whole itself, leave alone their drivers is a huge question by itself.

Toyota is decided for the season, as are Red Bull, Williams,& Sauber Both renault and Macca have one seat to fill.
It all hinges on what ferrari say

I hope its a Kimi & MS match up

If Kimi switches over to Ferrari it would probably be the biggest defect in auto-racing history.

How can someone switch to Ferrari after being with McLaren for so many years?

It's like asking Michael Schumaker to drive for McLaren now...

Quote:

Originally Posted by turbo_v12
If Kimi switches over to Ferrari it would probably be the biggest defect in auto-racing history.

How can someone switch to Ferrari after being with McLaren for so many years?

It's like asking Michael Schumaker to drive for McLaren now...

I say it would be great instead of wasting a good F1 career at Mclaren with current performance atleast at Ferrari he will get a reliable and quick car.
And will have something to cherish about in later life.
Only driver after Michael, who can compete with him is Kimi. He is quick, bloody quick.

Quote:

I've been a Schumacher fan since '98-'99.....be tough to see him go.
Yes it is tough, my wish is that before he leaves F1 I wanna see him racing live. If he staying on for a season then this dream has a possibility of turning into reality.

And some more news Mario Theissen "Dr. T" confessed of having talks with Michael Schumacher for joing BMW for 2007. And later said " Whoever in my position and doesnot think about Michael .... is doing wrong."

It clearly shows Michael has around 2 yrs of gas more left in him.

to add to f50 s post, i wouldn't want schumi to retire before he secures a 10th title (highly unlikely according to anti schumi people), but that man surely has enough to make it happen.

manson.

Maybe Schumi can join Mclaren or williams or BMW or Toyota or stay with each of these teams for a while and then retire... that way he would also be liked by (most) the Anti-schumi fans.
It is like going on a pilgrimage trip to for having driven with Ferrari rl: and having sinned on track (just kidding)
I'm not trying to start another schumi argument... just kidding!

On a serious note, though Schumi has the ability to drive for another year or two, he should retire... there is something about leaving any career when you are at the top!! Todt and Brawn are also keeping their options open for next season... it could mean that the dream team at Ferrari is going to go next season... So with these poeple gone, will it be downhill for ferrari? Should Kimi consider Ferrari without these people? For Kimi, to move to Ferrari, it is not just going to be Schumi's decision... he also needs the think-tanks of Ferrari to be around! Guess the Silly season is going to run a long way!

IMO, Schumi and Kimi won't be a reaslitic lineup - Kimi would be left wanting attention .. Ferrari does clearly seem to demarcate 1st driver and 2nd driver.
Kimi would surely want to be the preferred driver in which ever team he joins.

Isn't Ross Brawn also scheduled to take a sabbatical next year ?

It is surely going to be M.SCHUMACHER - KIMI and not Kimi-Massa since MS has enough gas in him to continue for 2 more years and Kimi does not want to stay in Mclaren because of poor reliability of the car in recent times.