Team-BHP - C S Santosh is the first Indian to participate in Dakar Rally
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Int'l Motorsport (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/intl-motorsport/)
-   -   C S Santosh is the first Indian to participate in Dakar Rally (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/intl-motorsport/158707-c-s-santosh-first-indian-participate-dakar-rally-4.html)

Now up to 36th overall at the end of stage 11

This is an achievement in itself and that inspite of a broken toe. It is heartbreaking that none from the media think this is deserving of a place. Go CS go.

Fully agree with extreme_torque.. I have been following the updates by searching every time on Google but its just sad to see such a standout performance not getting any space in our local media. Go CS!

Great run by Santosh he is consistently improving with a broke toe. A Big bow to his efforts. Very unfortunate that the print or media is not mentioning his efforts.

C S Santosh is the first Indian to participate in Dakar Rally-css.jpg
pic Source:imabiker, Apex Racing India

Quote:

Originally Posted by kraft.wagen (Post 3624405)
Great run by Santosh he is consistently improving with a broke toe. A Big bow to his efforts. Very unfortunate that the print or media is not mentioning his efforts.

pic Source:imabiker, Apex Racing India

What are you saying?
There's daily reports in HT print. This is just from the last two days:

Quote:

Originally Posted by mayankk (Post 3624413)
What are you saying?
There's daily reports in HT print. This is just from the last two days:

Thanks for correcting mayankk!:thumbs up

Nevertheless I think the event is not receiving the amount of importance F1 or any other where India represents. His efforts are worth the mention especially riding those conditions with a broken toe!

Santosh maintaining 36th overall with just one more stage to go!!

Disappointment for TVS Sherco

Santosh finishes the Dakar!!! In 36th position overall at his debut event. Proud!

Great Show CSS.

Hope to see you at DS next month

Best Regards & Ride Safe

Sylvan

Congratulations Santosh. Great work.

Fantastic job by Santosh!
Read this interesting article bout who is Santosh
Link

Congratulations to Santosh on finishing the rally and finishing at a good position as well on his debut.
Except for a handful, rest of the Indian public wouldn't have realized the enormity of this rally. It is something like the World cup of rallies.
The only Indian who I heard who almost took part in the Dakar was Jagath Nanjappa years ago.

Goes on to show Indians are up there with the rest.

Congratulations to Santosh. Hope he does get the worthy reception as stated in the article.

Quote:

Originally Posted by slicvic (Post 3626430)
Congratulations to Santosh. Hope he does get the worthy reception as stated in the article.

I seriously doubt that. There were few who knew that he had gone for the Dakar and few will know when he returns! There is not going to be a reception or even acknowledgement of the fact that he finished the most difficult rally in the world on his first attempt.