Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th July 2015, 10:44   #31
BHPian

re: 2015 Hungarian F1 GP

Well, before the race, Vettel himself said he needs a bit of luck to win and he did get some luck to win, with Mercedes and everyone else behind him falling out for some reason or the other. It's a perspective, some view it as luck playing a part but some could say it is purely Vettel's efforts.

Also, Alonso came in fifth, would you say there is no luck involved in there?

http://www.planetf1.com/driver/55667...ds-luck-to-win

W.r.t to Silverstone, until the rains it was a straight fight between Williams and Mercedes, rains and the amazing timing with which Vettel switched to inters has a bit of luck into it. I understand that Ferrari's call to pit Vettel was good but they are no gods to predict the exact window with so many variables and with intermittent rain. In fact, no one expected Vettel to reach the podium but he did. We can agree to disagree on both these things.

http://www.planetf1.com/driver/55667...a-didnt-pit-me
Old 30th July 2015, 10:57   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpacman View Post
W.r.t to Silverstone, until the rains it was a straight fight between Williams and Mercedes, rains and the amazing timing with which Vettel switched to inters has a bit of luck into it. I understand that Ferrari's call to pit Vettel was good but they are no gods to predict the exact window with so many variables and with intermittent rain. In fact, no one expected Vettel to reach the podium but he did. We can agree to disagree on both these things.

http://www.planetf1.com/driver/55667...a-didnt-pit-me
It wasn't Ferrari's call but Vettel's to come in at the time he did. That requires some amount of reading the situation, anticipation and skill to keep the car on track to make it work.

That is not luck, is what I meant.

The other points, we will have to agree to disagree since we can go arguing all day on it.
SchumiFan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2015, 13:13   #33
Senior - BHPian

The Ferraris were the faster car in Hungary, that shows in the huge gap they were able to open up before Hulkenberg crashed out. Rosberg was never in the hunt to catch the top 2 until then. Infact you could say Vettel was unlucky to lose all the advantage he'd opened up until the crash. Vettel was able to defend Rosberg away before Ricciardo ran into Rosberg after Hulkenberg's crash.
Old 30th July 2015, 14:55   #34
BHPian

Ferrari has made huge leap in their power unit and are only some 20 hp behind Mercedes and still have some engine tokens left. also this year they are the only car having pull rod front suspension. next year once they go back to push rod it will be neck and neck every race where they will be challenging for poles and wins.
Old 5th August 2015, 20:11   #35
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2015 Hungarian F1 GP

I think its a bit too early to assume that Ferrari will be fighting Mercedes for poles and wins next year or this year.

Numerous things worked in Ferrari's favor at Hungary and that is what I think gave Vettel the win.

Firstly, the race start was aborted and everyone was asked to do another formation lap. I think this must have messed up Hamiltons clutch and which in turn dropped him that low at the end of the first lap. Not to forget the clash with Nico as well.

Ferrari were running in clean air and that definitely gives an advantage. Any car running up front seems to have the race in the bag. The Safety car period also played into Ferrari's hand and not to forget the clash between Nico and Daniel towards the end.

Nevertheless, I totally enjoyed watching Vettel on the top step. A win is a win and he joins an elite group of drivers by equaling Senna's record. If Mercedes slip up some more, there truly could be a chance for Vettel to take the title fight to the last race. The title itself seems unlikely though.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks