Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Should we feel sorry for Red Bull's predicament or is it their own fault?
I can't decide 6 5.88%
I don't feel sorry for them 90 88.24%
I feel sorry for them 6 5.88%
Voters: 102. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 8th October 2015, 20:34   #1
BHPian

Red Bull's threat to pull out from Formula 1

James Allen had an interesting opinion poll on his site about the RBR pullout threat from F1 unless they get a competitive engine.

F1 fans were asked to comment on RBR's situation right now if they were sorry for the team or if they werent sorry for the team or if they couldnt decide.

The result was interesting - 3 out of 4 F1 fan said they were not sorry for the situation that RBR finds themself in.

Want to start a similar poll here on TBhp and gauge what the opinion amongst our members is.

Last edited by jraj : 8th October 2015 at 20:35.
jraj is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th October 2015, 23:04   #2
Senior - BHPian

re: Red Bull's threat to pull out from Formula 1

Completely their doing in my opinion.

Renault were spot on in pointing out how unfair the treatment meted out to them has been.

When RBR won four straight championships, Adrian Newey and Christian Horner lapped up the honours for Red Bull. Now, when it's going badly, they are publicly putting down Renault.

Who is to say they won't do this to another team later? No wonder people are skeptical about giving them an engine. And I don't think Ferrari will give them a works engine knowing full well that RBR might end up beating them if they did.

McLaren Honda have had a torrid year. It's important to stand by your engine supplier and aid them in development. Washing your hands off of any responsibility is just wrong given how the aero and engine in F1 go hand in hand.
ashwin.terminat is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th October 2015, 23:41   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

I'd disagree that Red Bull stole credit from Renault in their glory years. On the contrary, they quite often thanked Renault for their power trains. In fact, in one of the races where both RBRs and one Lotus were on the podium making it a clean Renault podium (2013 Japan?), they sent up Rémi Taffin from Renault to collect the constructor's trophy - there was a bit of amusement since he had to put on a blue RBR shirt on top of his yellow Renault one.

That does not absolve them from this year's behaviour - I've seen 3-4 year olds act with more maturity and share toys better. By expecting that competitiveness is a right, they've showing the wrong message of 'entitlement'.

In comparison, there are numerous examples on today's grid - Williams were a joke in 2013, but they put their head down and came out with a nicely slippery car in 2014 (yep, Mercedes power also helped). Likewise, Ferrari's transformation in 2015 is also admirable. Manor are consistently back of their grid, but they're #1 for spirit.

And now RBRs latest threats to quit the playground and take their toys with them is just plain attention-seeking - they want Bernie (and presumably others) to accede to their demands.

I'd say call their bluff, let them walk. Not only does it get the whiners out of F1, it will also - hopefully - give F1 the firm kick in the pants that it so badly needs to clean up its act.

Last edited by arunphilip : 8th October 2015 at 23:43.
arunphilip is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 9th October 2015, 12:47   #4
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
I'd disagree that Red Bull stole credit from Renault in their glory years. On the contrary, they quite often thanked Renault for their power trains. In fact, in one of the races where both RBRs and one Lotus were on the podium making it a clean Renault podium (2013 Japan?), they sent up Rémi Taffin from Renault to collect the constructor's trophy - there was a bit of amusement since he had to put on a blue RBR shirt on top of his yellow Renault one.

I'd say call their bluff, let them walk. Not only does it get the whiners out of F1, it will also - hopefully - give F1 the firm kick in the pants that it so badly needs to clean up its act.
As fans, we can feel the same. Unfortunately F1 is now commercially driven and god knows what is the understanding between Mr.E and Mr.M of RBR.

Everyone agrees they are a "high maintenance"
Now it's the turn of the Manufacturers to show their power. You reap what you sow.

Last edited by polopm : 9th October 2015 at 12:49. Reason: removed a word, may have double meanings !!
polopm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2015, 15:05   #5
BHPian

At the moment it appears the only option left for RedBull is to reconcile with Renault again.

Ferrari have refused to supply RedBull, but giving the 2015 spec engine to ToroRosso.

Last edited by GTO : 9th October 2015 at 17:46. Reason: Typo
jraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2015, 15:26   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jraj View Post
At the moment it appears the only option left for RedBull is to reconcile with Renault again.

Ferrari have refused to supply RedBull, but giving the 2015 spec engine to ToroRosso.
Good move by Ferrari. Offering zilch, now Red Bull will come begging back for the 2015 engine! Toro Rosso staying will mean 3 car teams not required.

Nicely played.

I dont get how Red Bull imagine that by threatening to quit they will get Ferrari to give in.. they dont care.

Last edited by GTO : 9th October 2015 at 17:46. Reason: Quoted post edited
Hatari is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th October 2015, 17:29   #7
BHPian

There are strong rumors that RedBull might end up staying with Renault for next year considering that they have a contract till 2016.
Old 9th October 2015, 17:45   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jraj View Post
At the moment it appears the only option left for RebBull is to reconcile with Renault again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatari View Post
Good move by Ferrari. Offering zilch, now Red Bull will come begging back for the 2015 engine! Toro Rosso staying will mean 3 car teams not required.

Nicely played.

I dont get how Red Bull imagine that by threatening to quit they will get Ferrari to give in.. they dont care.

The present (2015) Ferrari engine is very capable. A lot better than the Renault unit. With Adrian Newey and Christian Horner working, the worst place they could finish is third in the constructors. I don't know why Red Bull doesn't want it? It's not like Ferrari is offering their 2014 unit!
Let's hope atleast Toro Rosso takes the offer. With some work I think they can still be ahead of the Saubers, Manors and McLarens.

Last edited by GTO : 10th October 2015 at 15:08. Reason: Typo
shyn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th October 2015, 18:25   #9
Senior - BHPian

Re: Red Bull's threat to pull out from Formula 1

Latest news is that Red Bull is in talks with Renault again for 2016!
Beggars indeed cannot be choosers! Tail between their legs and back to France.
Old 9th October 2015, 19:16   #10
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a*ed View Post
There are strong rumors that RedBull might end up staying with Renault for next year considering that they have a contract till 2016.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatari View Post
Latest news is that Red Bull is in talks with Renault again for 2016!
Beggars indeed cannot be choosers! Tail between their legs and back to France.

Even if Renault is willing to do that, which I think is highly unlikely after the public spat, don't you think Red Bull would still be better off with Ferrari's 2015 engine?
Red Bull Racing are becoming the Kardashians of the racing world!
Old 9th October 2015, 20:09   #11
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyn View Post
Even if Renault is willing to do that, which I think is highly unlikely after the public spat, don't you think Red Bull would still be better off with Ferrari's 2015 engine?
Red Bull would in fact be better off with Ferrari's 2015 engine. I maybe wrong here but I remember reading somehwere that Ferrari would be providing the 2015 engine to only Toro Rosso and not to red Bull.
If that is the case, then that leaves Red Bull in quite a pickle. Either they get off the high horse and make amends with Renault or quit the sport altogether.

Last edited by a*ed : 9th October 2015 at 20:15.
Old 9th October 2015, 22:18   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyn View Post
Red Bull Racing are becoming the Kardashians of the racing world!

Yes they would be but even the 2015 engine is off the table! Ferrari willing to supply Toro Rosso only.
Old 10th October 2015, 04:07   #13
BHPian

This serves right to RBR for the behavior shown by them in past few months. Instead of fighting like a true world champion team, they are threatening to leave the sport. And now Ferrari showing RBR its place by not offering the engine to them but instead offering to Toro Rosso. This is a mater stroke by Ferrari. Ferrari knows that they are still lagging behind Mercedes but have potential to be No. 2 in 2016. RBR may have been threat to them even with 2015 spec engine since their chassis seems to be better than Ferrari.
Old 10th October 2015, 07:50   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
Well said! And it was indeed Japan 2013. That's some recollection. And not just that race, Rémi Taffin been on the podium with RBR for many races.

Red Bull's threat to pull out from Formula 1-webbvettgrossuzu20134.jpg

This is what the Ferrari boss had to say.
Quote:
Originally Posted by M Arrivabene
“Red Bull has no engine for 2016 and it seems that we are guilty, but it’s not like that.
“We have to plan everything we do, obviously. And our review of the new power unit development programme and the production, to satisfy another team, would require us to change everything we have planned so far. I am convinced that they were certain they would use the Mercedes engine in 2016, So much so that they not only reviewed (cancelled) the contract with Renault but also with Infiniti and Total.

“If they had done so in June, for example, there would still be time for us to look at it. But to come talking to us after Monza… To think about a fourth team now, we need engineers who are trained by us to monitor the use of these engines, as we do with Sauber and Manor today And these guys cannot be young people who are just leaving university. F1 is not like that.

“If tomorrow the president of our company (Sergio Marchionne) called me and said ‘Give the engines to them’, we would have to change everything that we planned very carefully long ago.”

Looks like RBR ditched Renault a bit too early before tying the contract with another engine supplier.
deetjohn is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th October 2015, 13:21   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetjohn View Post
This is what the Ferrari boss had to say.

This is what he said post Monza race and he ate it all today
Quote:
Ferrari team boss Maurizio Arrivabene says the outfit is open to supplying rival Red Bull with engines next season, a move that would revive its previous partnership from 2006.

Red Bull, whose future engine supply has long been the subject of speculation, is reportedly set to part ways with Renault at the end of the season, with Mercedes unwilling to supply it.

Ferrari, which currently supplies the Sauber and Manor squads, and will power the arriving Haas F1 Team, has now stated that should Red Bull turn its way, it would be willing to help.

"Red Bull have big names, with Adrian Newey, and it is easy to think if you give them an engine they will build a scary chassis, which means they will be really competitive," said Arrivabene.

"But my team, my engineers and aerodynamicists know their jobs. For that reason I don't have a problem and the competition is nice when you have a stronger competitor.

"This doesn't mean tomorrow morning we will give our engines to Red Bull, but I don't see any problem to give our engine to any other team or be scared of the competition before they start.

"This is not the right spirit of competition, of what Ferrari represents – we fight with everybody."

Red Bull's junior team, Toro Rosso, also previously used Ferrari engines from 2007-2013, but switched to Renault for the beginning of the latest turbocharged power unit era.
Cheers!

Vinu
myavu is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks