Team-BHP - Renault's Team Chief says the Race was fixed!!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Int'l Motorsport (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/intl-motorsport/)
-   -   Renault's Team Chief says the Race was fixed!! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/intl-motorsport/16955-renaults-team-chief-says-race-fixed-3.html)

As if losing weren't enough...making shameless comments. Ferrari and Michael have been given penalties over the years as well, and also lost a fair number of races but they just don't go around making comments and blaming the sport.

Rightfully like Luca said, people do need "A little bit of class in life"

I've got a question about FIA

Mpower

1)of the three Stewards one is same for every race and is appointed by the FIA from its pannel.
2)The other can be from anywhere,but not all can be from the same country,like in monaco one was from Spain.
3)The above 2 ensure that they cannot be biased

point 1 and 2 is what most people forget about when they talk monza,german stewards ,FIA cheating etc etc, because they dont exist,so there is no local bias.i bet most so called diehard F1 fans dont know this.

As I understand it there is a pool of stewards from around the world, and a certain number officiate at each event, so they may be different from race-to-race.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hatari
Renault were using the mass damper from last year.
The FIA clearly new about it.
they didnt even bother to 'clarify' it all year.
why make it illegal when alonso is leading the championship ?

how can u not say that it had a lot to do with ferrari's influence and the FIA's scarlet bias ?

How do you know when the mass damper was introduced and when the FIA came to know about it? By your flawed logic, if something is wrong and not immediately punished, it becomes right? So I guess they should never bother prosecuting nazis, dictators like Saddam Hussein, etc. clap:

Like I said earlier, Renault are lucky they were allowed to keep the points they earned while racing a car with an illegal part. Their performance is clearly weaker now that the part has been removed. Who knows how they would have fared last season if they didn't have this mass damper! Haha.

I am not a die-hard follower of F1 but I keep myself updated with results regularly.

IT CAN JUST BE A THOUGHT, but Schumacher's HIstory is confusing. If cricket can be fixed, what's the deal with Formula 1?

Schumacher won his first World Championship in 1994 while driving for Benetton, in an extremely controversial season marred by allegations of cheating and the deaths of Ayrton Senna and Roland Ratzenberger at the San Marino Grand Prix at Imola.

Schumacher started the season strongly, winning six of the first seven races. The raw speed of the Benetton was a surprise to the other teams, who levelled allegations of cheating. They claimed Benetton had found a way to violate the FIA-imposed ban on electronic aids, including Traction Control and Launch Control. On investigation, the FIA discovered illegal software on their car (and the cars of several rival teams), but could not prove that it had been used.

After Senna's death, Damon Hill inherited the responsibility of fighting for the championship. Hill struggled to keep pace with the Benetton in his Williams-Renault, but due to several mid-season controversial disqualifications and bans for Schumacher, he began to close the gap in the standings. In the British Grand Prix, Schumacher was penalized for overtaking on the formation lap [5]. He then ignored the penalty and the subsequent black flag during the race, for which he was disqualified and later given a two-race ban. Things took a turn for the worse at Spa, where Schumacher was disqualified after winning the race, after his car was found to have illegal wear on its skidblock.[6]

Leading by a single point going into the final race in Australia, Schumacher clinched the title after colliding with Hill in a highly controversial incident, taking both drivers out

In 1996, Schumacher signed a contract with Ferrari, which at the time was a highly risky move, given Ferrari's championship drought (the Italian giants had not won a title since 1979).

The 2005 season was a struggle for Schumacher, as the Ferrari package was far from ideal, especially in the use of its Bridgestone tires, which had been dominant in past years but were now of inferior quality. Ferrari and Bridgestone attributed this to the 2005 rule changes, which required tires to last the distance of the whole race, a change some observers believe was targeted to end the domination of Ferrari and Schumacher.
Less than half-way through the season, the German admitted he didn't have the potential to defend his title. In an interview he said "It's hard to put up a fight when you don't have the same weapons".

He went on to finish second, behind the Renault of reigning drivers' champion Fernando Alonso, making it his first podium finish in seven races, the last being a second place at the 2005 Hungarian Grand Prix

after accepting in 2005 that he cant compete he is retiring after 2006. read the controversy on his first win and then the 2005 rule changes. Now I am neither a fan nor against schumacher but after reading all the facts I just cant digest it.

visit wikipedia for more details.

You cannot entirely blame Schumacher for 94-95 things. And why blame him? Team was headed by Flavio Briatore. Collisions are different things. But software, mechanical help etc etc ... did schumacher design software and fixed his own car?

And you dont choose your champion by what people likes or dislikes....

@devarshi84,let me tell you one thing Wikepedia should be the last place on internet to look for geniune answers.Wikipedia is updated by anyone with no credibility,even a fool with a internet connection can go and update something.

so what you have previously mentioned before are opinions than facts.and wikipedia says he retired because he could not compete anymore,what a joke.

Fact is Micahel at 37 years of age is more than a match for his 25 year old opponents and that tells something about his abilites more than anything.
to be a 7 time WDC with 90GP wins all by cheating will require the brain of 10 Leonardo's or Einstein's just for all the co-ordination and he will have to be the luckiest person ever born.

to have all the people from the team on your side,you need to be someone special and Michael is,just that haters(people who hate others success and hence cheer for their opponents) believe otherwise.

many of them will be here in no time at all.

As I said in my post. Its what I concurred from the article. I dont follow F1 more than the scores and rankings.

Thanks for your insights.

Quote:

Originally Posted by merve_extreme
@devarshi84,let me tell you one thing Wikepedia should be the last place on internet to look for geniune answers.Wikipedia is updated by anyone with no credibility,even a fool with a internet connection can go and update something.

Wikipedia is publicly edited, but you cant just put anything on it. A board of editors proof-reads and edits every single information you put up, before it is published. So merve, even if you do have an internet connection, u cant just go and update anything.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ranjan united
Wikipedia is publicly edited, but you cant just put anything on it. A board of editors proof-reads and edits every single information you put up, before it is published. So merve, even if you do have an internet connection, u cant just go and update anything.

Ok maybe but it is not that the board of editors have 100% knowledge about everything that goes on.

Yes, you said it Merve. There are people who love MS, there are people who hate MS. I am in the former group. I'm not blind to the fact that he has had moments of controversy in his career. I never said he is perfect or that he never made mistakes. He's human after all.

Unfortunately some people just can't bear it that others are successful. So they make noise about things. The sad part is that people who live in glass houses really shouldn't throw stones. Renault only managed to win the championship last year because first the points system (from two seasons earlier) and then the tyre rules were changed specifically to prevent MS & Ferrari from white-washing F1 again and making it a huge bore for TV audiences. Then they had illegal parts on their cars which gave them an unfair advantage. They even made a big noise when their ****ty Michelin tyres failed in the USA and tried to get the race to be run under different rules because their package could not conform to the rules. But all that is ok you see, because after all, they are the under dogs, so let's just ignore all of it.

Come to think of it, I can't recall a team that has been dogged by more controversy than Renault / Benetton. And who's the common link there? Flavio Briatore. The same twerp who's calling the FIA cheats now! Hahaha! That's just funny.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kbk_75
How do you know when the mass damper was introduced and when the FIA came to know about it? By your flawed logic, if something is wrong and not immediately punished, it becomes right? So I guess they should never bother prosecuting nazis, dictators like Saddam Hussein, etc. clap:

i certainy didnt make the up the fact that they were using it last yr
i'm proving to you that the FIA CHANGED ITS RULES..thats when it became illegal
ure frustration is apparent.. and is amusing

Quote:

Like I said earlier, Renault are lucky they were allowed to keep the points they earned while racing a car with an illegal part. Their performance is clearly weaker now that the part has been removed. Who knows how they would have fared last season if they didn't have this mass damper!
this should make it clearer
Quote:

Last September Renault introduced the mass damper system to its race cars. Essentially an “add-on” to the regular suspension involving a moving counterweight, it is supposed to help improve mechanical grip, especially when a car is bouncing over curbs. It was passed for racing by the FIA technical chiefs, so the team designed the R26 with the system as an integrated part of the car.

Meanwhile other teams cottoned on to the idea, and followed suit. The FIA has acknowledged that six other teams have run versions of it on race weekends this year. We can only assume that in most cases it was very much an afterthought, added after news of what Renault were up to leaked out.

Mass dampers were of interest only to engineers and those outsiders with a keen technical knowledge until the middle of last month, when the FIA’s Charlie Whiting decreed that they were illegal. In essence, his argument was that they were moving parts and they had an aerodynamic effect in that they influenced ride height.
SOURCE : SPEED TV ARTICLE

here again..

Quote:

Mass dampers were introduced last year to help neutralise the car’s vertical movement in reaction to bumps. Renault are believed to have pioneered their use, but Ferrari, Red Bull Racing and up to seven other teams have apparently experimented with them.
SOURCE : FORMULA1.COM
http://www.formula1.com/race/news/4738/763.html

i rest my case

I'm not frustrated, I'm thrilled! Thrilled that the cheats had to get their illegal parts off their cars! And what's amusing is how their cars went backwards ever since then! rl:

It's true. Over the past two seasons I have repeatedly thought that Kimi should drive for another team because his luck with McLaren has just been appalling (and I'm not superstitious, but facts are facts!).

Hopefully now we will get to see Kimi do something with a good AND reliable car. Alonso, to my mind, is the only guy in F1 who has shown to have anywhere near Michael's talent, *****, determination and mind-set. I think he's making a bad move by leaving Renault, but hey, McLaren are paying him more than double his salary at Renault, so...

Either way F1 won't be the same for me next season, but hopefully all these changes will still keep it interesting. It'll also be interesting to see if and when they make the new rear wing mandatory (in the interest of making overtaking more do-able!).