Team-BHP - 2015 Formula 1 Brazilian GP - São Paulo
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Int'l Motorsport (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/intl-motorsport/)
-   -   2015 Formula 1 Brazilian GP - São Paulo (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/intl-motorsport/170152-2015-formula-1-brazilian-gp-s-o-paulo-2.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO (Post 3848634)
I don't think drivers are permitted to take their helmet to the podium?

Could be the case. I remember reading elsewhere that after the Singapore GP, Vettel was prohibited by the Suit from taking the Ferrari flag onto the podium.
Probably Vettel just wanted to show how proud he's to be part of Ferrari.
He is one driver who seems to be enjoying driving to the core! clap:

Quote:

After watching the MotoGP finale, I feel terrible about missing out on its season. Will watch next year.

If you really want to know how interesting MotoGP can get, I suggest you watch the Australian Grand Prix at Philip Island this year and the MotoGP race at Catalunya from 2009. They will make you a MotoGP fan for life. These are only two races that I can remember off the top of my head.

MotoGP is what F1 should be. Two to three teams slugging it out for the victory. Winners decided at the last corner. Some scintillating overtakes that aren't overly reliant on a flap being opened.

Yesterday was another march past. Sometimes, I wish all cars were the same and refuelling was re-introduced; that would be a feast for the senses to see it become more about the drivers and strategy than about the car.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ashwin.terminat (Post 3848725)
If you really want to know how interesting MotoGP can get, I suggest you watch the Australian Grand Prix at Philip Island this year and the MotoGP race at Catalunya from 2009. They will make you a MotoGP fan for life. These are only two races that I can remember off the top of my head.

MotoGP is what F1 should be. Two to three teams slugging it out for the victory. Winners decided at the last corner. Some scintillating overtakes that aren't overly reliant on a flap being opened.

Yesterday was another march past. Sometimes, I wish all cars were the same and refuelling was re-introduced; that would be a feast for the senses to see it become more about the drivers and strategy than about the car.

By its nature, F1 cannot be as exciting as Motogp. Its much more of the rider, while in F1, the car is much much more important. The touches in motogp, it would result in CF shrapnel across the venue!

However, you only have to look at the properly competitive seasons, or street races, to understand the poetry in F1. Mika vs Michael, Hamilton vs Massa, amazing stuff1. Or Monaco and other street circuits.
It was amazing trying to calculate how much fuel one car had taken on to get out of the pits so quickly.
Sometimes while being fuelled...:D

As a fan of both, I know that Motogp will never give you a Mika-zonta-Michael sandwich.

What a boring race. Even Maldonado didn't crash.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mayankk (Post 3848765)
Mika vs Michael, Hamilton vs Massa, amazing stuff!

Yes, F1 is more machine than man. But then, give Alonso a reasonably good car and he will still battle for the win. But over the past few years, cars are so far apart in terms of performance that a stellar driver will still not be able to bridge the gap.

Moreover, the complicated nature of the PU makes it hard for a team to diagnose what exactly they need to change in order to extract more power. Just look at Ferrari, Renault and McLaren-Honda. Sure, Ferrari have improved considerably compared to last year, but they are still far away from the pace of the Mercedes PU. Renault is still struggling and as for McLaren Honda, well, I can only pity Alonso and Button.

I remember the year Massa was world champion for a few seconds before Timo Glock's Toyota gave up on him just before the finish line to give Hamilton the place he needed to win the World Championship. Also, Kimi's WDC win by a single point.

Alas, championships are longer decided by that narrow a margin.

While thee new turbo era was supposed to make the field more compact, it has only managed to send two Silver Arrows far into the distance.

I have watched F1 longer than I have watched MotoGP. But over the years, the sheer dominance of a single team no longer makes a race worth watching post the first corner. MotoGP, OTOH, has managed to retain the raw nature of racing though they too moved on in terms of technology. Although, I will admit, it is not near as much as what we have seen in F1.

Perhaps a limit to the performance a car can reach in F1 will help in giving a good driving a fair chance of winning a race while driving a not-so-good car? I am not Max Mosley or Bernie Ecclestone, but desperate times call for desperate measures! :(

I wish a real racer was in charge. Someone like Niki Lauda, MSC or Senna. Alas, wishful thinking.

Quote:

F1 loses 175 million viewers over 6 years (source) and I'm sure the number has only climbed since the news article was published. Hardly surprising :Frustrati. After watching the MotoGP finale, I feel terrible about missing out on its season. Will watch next year.

Interestingly Mr. E believes that the sport is in good shape as he thinks the "UK model" is the right way to go. Despite the loss in percentage of audiences, the move to Sky in UK – as has been mirrored elsewhere on the continent – oddly brought with it a raise in revenue for FOM.

While audience figures fell, the bidding wars for F1 broadcasting rights meant that an astounding 110% rise in income was gained from the UK alone – with the cash flow rising to as high as $105 million after the move to Sky F1.

With Mr.E and the FIA actually making more money – whilst at the same time losing more casual viewers, Formula One runs the risk of becoming a “niche”.

Quote:

Originally Posted by a*ed (Post 3848678)
Could be the case. I remember reading elsewhere that after the Singapore GP, Vettel was prohibited by the Suit from taking the Ferrari flag onto the podium.
Probably Vettel just wanted to show how proud he's to be part of Ferrari.
He is one driver who seems to be enjoying driving to the core! clap:

Maybe someone thinks it's a breach of Sporting reg. 43.3.
Quote:

After receiving the end-of-race signal all cars must proceed on the circuit directly to the post race parc fermé without any unnecessary delay, without receiving any object whatsoever and without any assistance (except that of the marshals if necessary).
Quote:

Originally Posted by ashwin.terminat (Post 3848725)

Quote:

Originally Posted by mayankk (Post 3848765)
By its nature, F1 cannot be as exciting as Motogp. Its much more of the rider, while in F1, the car is much much more important. The touches in motogp, it would result in CF shrapnel across the venue!

However, you only have to look at the properly competitive seasons, or street races, to understand the poetry in F1. Mika vs Michael, Hamilton vs Massa, amazing stuff1. Or Monaco and other street circuits.
It was amazing trying to calculate how much fuel one car had taken on to get out of the pits so quickly.
Sometimes while being fuelled...:D

As a fan of both, I know that Motogp will never give you a Mika-zonta-Michael sandwich.

Formula1 by its nature has been a technical sport and the human/ driver input is far less compared to other motor racing, especially 2 wheelers. The endurance racing follows a different path which gives a lot of freedom for technical innovations which could be adapted to F1 as well to an extend in order to improve the show. F1 always followed a pattern of rule changes after a few years of stability to shake up the grid and in a way increase the revenue due to the new found competitive racing. The teams are so competitive, that some of them will find an advantage while these rule changes happen, even by sacrificing the development of the last season's car. And the game in F1 is so political that anyone who has found an advantage would try their level best to hang onto it. Look at the statements from Toto Wolf regarding the 2017 tyres which McLaren doesnt agree to naturally as they see an opportunity to gain advantage there. I personally believe that a technical solution can be found to any problem.

Check out this study regarding the relationship between rule changes & competitiveness on the F1 grid in the previous year.

https://epub.ub.uni-muenchen.de/386/...arcoRunkel.pdf

2015 Formula 1 Brazilian GP - São Paulo-study.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vysakh (Post 3848770)

I believe Maldonado did make contact with another car though, if that would make you less depressed.:D

Dull and boring race in my opinion. I really hope Ferrari, Williams and Mclaren (out of nowhere) can fight the mercs next year. Mercedes should have the qualifying advantage but will be good if things are a lot closer in the races.

Gotta love Vettels antics. Nice dodge of the "watch guy". I think he just wanted to show the team that his helmet was dedicated to the entire team. Which also makes me want to mention that Hamiltons helmet also had Ayrton Senna's helmet design on the back. I thought special helmets were banned? Maybe Vettel and Hamilton decided to pay whatever fines there are. Stupid rule!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fullrevs (Post 3848907)
I think he just wanted to show the team that his helmet was dedicated to the entire team. Which also makes me want to mention that Hamiltons helmet also had Ayrton Senna's helmet design on the back. I thought special helmets were banned? Maybe Vettel and Hamilton decided to pay whatever fines there are. Stupid rule!!!

According to article 21.1 of F1's sporting regulations:
"In order for drivers to be easily distinguished from one another whilst they are on the track, the crash helmet of each driver must be presented in substantially the same livery at every event during a championship season."

So the drivers change the back side and lower parts of the helmet which is not visible when they are inside the cockpit.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vysakh (Post 3848770)

Well atleast he tried. He almost took Sauber's Felipe Nasr with him lol::uncontrol why do they let that guy drive is something I just cant figure out.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ron_9191 (Post 3848968)
Well atleast he tried. He almost took Sauber's Felipe Nasr with him lol::uncontrol why do they let that guy drive is something I just cant figure out.

He's like an entertainment quota. At times the only source of some entertainment for the viewers.

Another boring race. What I really cannot stand anymore is LH's body language on the podium when he isn't on the top step. I mean come on you already are the champ and there is nothing wrong in atleast congratulating your team mate!!! Really pisses me off to the core when I see a 4 time world champ on the third step really enjoying the moment and the champ of the moment on the 2nd step with a long face.

It just gets to show us what really is missing from the sport now. The whole spectacle is now controlled by "strategists" who run the race to their advantage. The driver just has nothing to do that comes from him other than to drive according to what they say on the radio. Can someone kill the radio please?

Quote:

Originally Posted by jfxavier (Post 3848966)
"In order for drivers to be easily distinguished from one another whilst they are on the track, the crash helmet of each driver must be presented in substantially the same livery at every event during a championship season."
So the drivers change the back side and lower parts of the helmet which is not visible when they are inside the cockpit.

:D And this is probably a great example of how F1 is a game of cat-and-mouse between F1's regulators and the team's designers.

I remember an interview with Adrian Newey who one stated that "You read the regulations once to see what it says. And then you read it again to see exactly what is written - not what is intended, but what is actually written. And then you design a car based on that."

Talk about obeying the letter of the regulation, not the spirit!