Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th September 2006, 20:32   #1
BHPian

Interesting MOTOGP facts this year

1. Nicky Hayden has not been really content with HRC's treatment dished out to him this year. During testing, he rode an all new '06 RC211V chassis and an improved version of the '05 chassis. While he preferred the '05 model, he was convinced by HRC's engineers to ride the new bike, so that it could be improved. Tht's where he started suffering from clutch problems, where too much heat would accumulate in the pads when he started too hot, and tyre choices were also not ones he favoured, leaving black lines and getting the wheel spinning too often and consequently having a bad race at Brno (we all know why Rossi preferred Yamaha to Honda).
In the mean time, the more consistent improved '05 chassis was handed over to Pedrossa, and the results are evident.

2. Ducati and Yamaha are both looking to woo Nicky Hayden to ride with them next year. They both want a young talented rider to test and stick with them for sometime. Hayden believes that HRC is partial to Dani since REPSOL is a Spanish company, and so is the origin of Dorna. However, Hayden has been very diplomatic never to point a finger at HRC, and intends on sticking with them for sometime more.

3. After a bad season with Ducati, Sete Gibernau is now struggling to stay with the Dukes for next year. His performance has been dismal, and the Italians are considering whether to continue with him for the next year or not.

4. Luis D'Antin, the owner of D'Antin Ducati is trying to get a more formidable line-up of riders for next year. He is looking to sign Max Biaggi up, who was controversially left out without a MOTOGP seat this year, along with HONDA's SBK rider James Toseland. He has said talks are on, but there are no confirmations yet.

5. Sebastian POrto has decided that he wants to retire from racing. He cites reasons as lack of motivation. The 27 year old rides with REPSOL HONDA in the 250cc races.

Ever wondered why Ducati are so strong in World SBK amd MOTOGP, while Kawasaki make terrific road bikes but suck when it comes to racing? Well, here are the stats:
Of Ducati's 1000 staff, 100 (10%) are deployed in the Corse (racing) teams, while Honda employ only 125 engineers (0.4% of their 30,000 staff). Kawsaki is even worse, with just 30 out of the 40,000 engineers (0.075%) manning the race section.
Thus, Ducati's commitment is 25 times greater than Honda's and 130 times better than the Kwackers.

7. BMW is looking to get into MOTOGP next year with 800cc triple cylinder engines. They are trying to use their knowledge in F1 and also signing up engineers from the KR team, though testing and development has been very hush-hush. BMW, apparently are trying to break away from their gentlemen boxer bike image and get a sportier one.

Will keep giving furthur updates here....

Last edited by turbo_v12 : 17th September 2006 at 20:35.
Old 18th September 2006, 03:56   #2
BHPian

Location: Windsor, Canada... But still a Bombay-Boy at heart !!!

Thanks for the nice update post.

1. The HRC guys are real wankers and have a big problem with everyone.

3. Being a Ducati fan, I say, let him start next season, but be ready with a possible replacement.

4. It would be great to see ol' Biaggi in the racing saddle once again. Really missed his flambouancy; on and off the track.

5. What a shame. Have been seeing Porto for years. Was hoping he would make MOTOGP oneday. Guess him not reaching there yet was what demotivated him.

7. BMW in MOTOGP!!! first F1, and now MOTOGP !!! music to my ears!!!
Old 18th September 2006, 11:46   #3
BHPian

If Hayden is moving out of HRC !?

Most likely he will move to Yamaha. This is because of his strong relationship with ROssi which was forged when they drove for Honda. I for one do not mind having two best drivers in Yamaha and best engineers in HRC. So that competition does not become stale....
Old 20th September 2006, 09:38   #4
BHPian

News just in:

Max Biaggi will not participate in MOTOGP next year since will ride for the Alstare Corona Extra team, aboard the new Suzuki GSXR 1000 K7. Biaggi has been told to start testing the K7 as soon as possible.

Said Max, “I have known Francis Batta [Alstare Corona Extra team manager] and his family for years and have a lot of respect for him, as he has devoted so much time and attention to promoting the profile of the World Superbike Championship. I am back in competitive sport and I am happy to be riding for an official team. I am as determined as ever and really want to win the Superbike World Championship. This is probably the biggest challenge of my sporting career."

Now whether he replaces Troy Corser (which is highly unlikely) or Yukio Kagayama remains to be seen.

Courtesy : www.worldsbk.com
Old 20th September 2006, 16:19   #5
BHPian

As you mentioned turbo v12, highly unlikely he's gonna replace Corser. But Corser and Biaggi in the same team?? Fireworks!!
Old 20th September 2006, 17:28   #6
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjan united
But Corser and Biaggi in the same team?? Fireworks!!
And Troy Bayliss will have his hands full next year. IMHO, WSBK suits Biaggi more than MOTOGP, coz you can afford to go sideways a lot more.
Old 4th October 2006, 09:11   #7
BHPian

Yeah yeah I know...Here I go again:

1. Nicky Hayden has signed up for another 2 yr contract with Honda. This leaves Ducati's and Yamaha's plans flopped. Also, it seems Yamaha has lost the opportunity of signing up Csey Stoner. Clin Edwards' future, on the other hand, remains undecided.

2. Ducati will have to use the same bike as this year at WORLD SBK next year, while most bikes go through an upgrade. However, the Dukes are rumoured to use the 1200cc they are developing next year. Don't know if that makes sense.

3. Honda unleashed their 800cc MOTOGP prototype at Motegi, and it's confirmed that it shall be a v5 minus 1 cylinder engine (which brings down capacity to 792cc...perfect). Footage of the top 3 manufacturers testing at Motegi here:

Old 12th October 2006, 17:11   #8

Rossi on a Ducati for 2008?

Believe me this can very well happen. Rossi has already quoted earlier that he would love to ride for Ducati. And after his contract with Yamaha expires in the 2007 year, he might go for the red devils in 2008 !

Picture is here:
http://www.petrosexual.blogspot.com/
Old 12th October 2006, 17:42   #9
BHPian

would love to see rossi in ducati. maybe can compete for the championship with more aggression
Old 12th October 2006, 21:38   #10
BHPian

Valentino Rossi in a Ducati??!!! Whoops, I think I'm gonna faint....
[drops flat on the floor with pure excitement]
Old 13th October 2006, 02:31   #11
BHPian

dunno about Rossi on a Ducati.. but you can see him in a Subaru soon..
Old 19th October 2006, 10:00   #12
BHPian

1. Sete Gibernau is all set to miss the GP of Valencia since he again has to go through a shoulder surgery again. This could also be a result of Casey Stoner crashing into and taking him out of the Estoril GP. Ducati have yet not announced their 2nd rider along with Loris Capirossi for the season's last GP.

2. Casey Stoner, in the mean time, has been replaced by Carlos Checa for the 2007 season as a rider for the LCR HONDA team. Good, Checa deserved a lot better than riding for a satellite team after giving Rossi a tough time on his Duke last year.

3. Casey Stoner has allegedly signed up with Ducati for next season. Looks like Ducati are pretty serious abt signing up a youngster who will stay with thm and aid developement. They went in with Stoner after Hayden decided to stay with Honda.

www.motorcycledaily.com

Old 25th October 2006, 23:09   #13
BHPian

Liuzzi is gonna test ride Hopkins bike after the Valencia MotoGP while Hopkins is gonna test drive his Torro Rosso F1 car.. this is gonna take place 2 days after the Valencia MotoGP and on the Valencia GP track..

http://www.formula1.com/news/5183.html

Rossi driving in WRC, Hopkins test driving a F1 car, Liuzzi test riding a MotoGP bike.. wats next?

Last edited by papps : 25th October 2006 at 23:11.
Old 26th October 2006, 10:00   #14
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinod
would love to see rossi in ducati. maybe can compete for the championship with more aggression
Ditto, i think rossi would do brilliantly well on a duck , it always seems to eat the other machines down the straights with its chunk of power... looks like well be seeing honda eating duck dust soon.
Old 26th October 2006, 10:52   #15
Senior - BHPian

rossi in wrc..what happened to his plans joining f1...maybe after wrc..looks like the man want to win championships all around motorsport.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks