Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd September 2006, 16:56   #1
BHPian

A different topic from F1 here - The Japanese MOTOGP at Motegi

Loris Capirossi took pole today at Motegi for the Japanese GP today, 0.2 seconds ahead of Valentino Rossi, who came in 2nd thanks to a late charge.
Fresh from his victory at Phillip Island, Melandri came in close 3rd while Nicky Hayden was only 1/2 a second slower than Capirossi, but only managed 7th, ahead of team mate Dani Pedrossa (9th) and Colin Edwards.

Looks like Capirossi will be able to repeat his last year's performance, and take victory again. The big story however, will be where Rossi and Hayden finish in comparison to each other.

Guess Pedrossa's orders now will be to slow Rossi down as much as possible.
What a force this 5 '3 " kid has become in his 1st year with the MOTOGP bikes.

Check all the details out at www.motogp.com
Old 23rd September 2006, 23:11   #2
Senior - BHPian

Pedrossas' going for it ain't he? And i think he's doing the right thing. If you're stronger than your team mate, take him down.

No point playing "Barrichello" all your life.

This guy is gonna be the next sensation in MotoGP.

Shan2nu
Old 24th September 2006, 00:30   #3
BHPian

Location: Windsor, Canada... But still a Bombay-Boy at heart !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan2nu
Pedrossas' going for it ain't he? And i think he's doing the right thing. If you're stronger than your team mate, take him down.

No point playing "Barrichello" all your life.

This guy is gonna be the next sensation in MotoGP.

Shan2nu
Pedrossa could well become the next Rossi or Doohan.
As for the Japaneese GP, really hope Ducati and Capirossi can get another win under their belt... but I guess Rossi winning this is more impotant.
ROSSI 4 WORLD CHAMPION !!!!
Old 24th September 2006, 10:32   #4
BHPian

God damnit!! I hate this stupid frickin' Speed TV. Moto GPs on, and they're showing NASCAR highlights. What a bunch of a**holes !!! Who won?? who won??
Old 24th September 2006, 11:33   #5
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjan united
As for the Japaneese GP, really hope Ducati and Capirossi can get another win under their belt... !!!!
What you wanted, Ranjan is what you got. As expected, thanks to their superior performnce here and to Loris Capirossi's amazing riding skills, Ducati and Capirossi took the chequered flag. Valentino Rossi took 2nd, 5+ seconds adrift and Melandri came in 3rd...So the race at the front ended the way the race started.

Nicky Hayden came in a lucky 5th, as Shinkya Nakano crashed out on the very last lap while trying to get past Gibernau. Casey Stoner, who had made a great start up into 4th crashed out again, and so did Randy dePuniet.

Melandri had almost overtaken Capirossi at the start while Rossi went biding his time and following the 2 of them. His hard front tyre wasn't so useful though he magaed to pick up 20 very important points from this race.

Rossi was clearly not happy with the bike after warm up in the morning, and was a li'l serious after the race. Hayden said he would make the start of his life, but again the clutch heating problems crept in. Wonder why he signed a 2 yr contrct with Honda again. However, just 12 points now separate Rossi and Hayden.

In the 250cc race, Japanese Yuki Takahasi on the Austrian KTM took victory and got very emotional on the podium...he just couldn't control his tears. Championship leader Jorge Lorenzo came 3rd, and he just might be world champion at Estoril next race.

Yet another KTM win in the 125s by Mika Kallio make KTM a double win this year at Motegi.

So no Japanese manufacturer on the 1st step of the podium this year at Japan.

Estoril beckons in 3 weeks....What more do I have to say?
Old 24th September 2006, 12:15   #6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So no Japanese manufacturer on the 1st step of the podium this year at Japan.
Whats the Ducati running on?

One way or the other, they're there.

High time, the Repsols switched over to BS.

Wasn't the Kawasaki on BS as well? Hayden was totally blown away in the last few laps.

It's a mixed result for me though. On one side i've got the Hondas and on the other, i've got Bridgestone. Same case with F1.

Either ways, i'm happy.

Anyhow, the way Rossi performed 2day. I think he deserves to retain his title.

Shan2nu

Last edited by Shan2nu : 24th September 2006 at 12:17.
Old 24th September 2006, 13:03   #7
BHPian

Hmm.. I guess the 250cc was taken by aoyama.. takahashi crashed out.. just a correction..

I guess motogp gets to be more exciting.. There are now 4 riders with more than 200 points.. if there is a chance of anyone crashing, there's someone to lead.. with last 2 races, this is more exciting.. will this year, both Motogp and F1 seems to get really close..
Old 24th September 2006, 17:27   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laxminarayan
Hmm.. I guess the 250cc was taken by aoyama.. takahashi crashed out.. just a correction..
Oops...sorry...The 250cc winner was Hirohi Aoyama (the elder one) and not Takahashi. Wonder what was I thinking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjan_united
Pedrossa could well become the next Rossi or Doohan..
I am afraid this will happen, and by that time Rossi and Capirossi will have retired. And I think Dani's 100% Pedrobotics and 0% flamboyance might drive spectators and sponsors away from MOTOGP.

However, watch out for Alvaro Bautista and Jorge Lorenzo. They just might graduate to the premier class and add some more spice to the competition.
Old 24th September 2006, 20:35   #9
BHPian

Finally caught the highlights. thanks turbo_v12 for PMing me. was hoping i wouldnt have to wait till the highlghts were aired. Except for being a litle off at the start a perfect ride by Capirossi to take the victory. Next year, him and Ducati are definetely gonna be serious Championship contenders.
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo_v12
However, watch out for Alvaro Bautista and Jorge Lorenzo. They just might graduate to the premier class and add some more spice to the competition.
Now why didn't I think off that?? I agree on this and am really hoping to see Bautista in MotoGP soon. that Kid has some raw talent. As for Pedrosa being bland, who knows, 1 World Championship and maybe even he'll start geeting a bit more flambouyant.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks