Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th September 2016, 14:37   #1
Senior - BHPian

Jaguar returns to racing, I-Type Formula E car revealed

Jaguar has announced its return to the world of motor racing, after a 12-year long absence. The British automaker's racing arm, Jaguar Racing, will participate in the FIA Formula E Championship. The company has revealed its car, title sponsor, and the driver line-up for the third season of the Formula E racing Championship, starting this October.

Jaguar has partnered with Panasonic and formed the Panasonic Jaguar Racing team. The British car manufacturing firm has also revealed its first ever all-electric racing car: the I-Type 1.

The company hasn't made any tall claims about its upcoming performance in the Formula E's third season. It acknowledges the fact that other teams in the championship have a two-year head start, and thus know the game a bit better than they as first timers do. Hence, the racing team is keeping its expectations in check for their very first season.

Panasonic Jaguar Racing's driver line-up includes 33-year-old Adam Carroll from Northern Ireland, and 22-year New Zealander, Kiwi Mitch Evans. The company has also signed 33-year-old Ho-Pin Tung from China, who will act as the primary backup for now, as the teams are allowed to field just two cars in Formula E Championship.

Panasonic Jaguar Racing is thus all set to make its Formula E debut in the opening race of the third FIA Formula E season in Hong Kong, on Sunday, October 9 2016.

Jaguar returns to racing, I-Type Formula E car revealed-unnamed-3.jpg

Jaguar returns to racing, I-Type Formula E car revealed-thepanasonicjaguarracingitypeformulaecar1970x647c.jpg

Jaguar returns to racing, I-Type Formula E car revealed-jagracinglaunchitype1front308091605resize1024x682.jpg

Jaguar returns to racing, I-Type Formula E car revealed-jagracinglaunchitype1front08091603resize1024x682.jpg

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by dZired : 9th September 2016 at 14:41.
dZired is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks