Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th September 2016, 12:43   #31
BHPian

Re: Singapore GP: My First Formula 1 Race

What an enticing read! Thanks for the beautiful write-up. Got tons of motivation to book early bird tickets for 2017.
nma83 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2016, 13:40   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nma83 View Post
What an enticing read! Thanks for the beautiful write-up. Got tons of motivation to book early bird tickets for 2017.
Thanks nma83! I'm glad you liked it Do let me know if you are going next year and have any questions/queries!
frostbite911 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2016, 15:12   #33
BHPian

Very neatly organised event, typical of Singapore.
Excellent write up.
jfxavier is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2016, 15:22   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfxavier View Post
Very neatly organised event, typical of Singapore.
Excellent write up.

From Team-BHP's F1 guru himself! Thank you jfxavier!

Last edited by frostbite911 : 26th September 2016 at 15:32.
frostbite911 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2016, 17:39   #35
BHPian

Great write-up.

As someone who used to work in one of those offices overlooking the race track, some tips for people who are planning to visit next time.

Try to hang around in Conrad's lobby a day or two before the races and after, you will surely bump into some guys and they would be more relaxed. Dont want to boast but Lewis Hamilton was relaxing on the next table on 2009/2010, cant forget that. Normally have 2-3 teams which are putting up there.

A lot of office on the track have F1 parties for their employees\vendors and here is the view of this year. Photos posted by my ex-colleagues.

Road tip, there is a basement connector between Suntec and Millennia walk, wouldve taken 5 mins instead of 40mins to Conrad and yes its open on race days as well :-)
Attached Thumbnails
Singapore GP: My First Formula 1 Race-f1.jpg  

Singapore GP: My First Formula 1 Race-f2.jpg  

nitishk is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th September 2016, 18:03   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitishk View Post
Great write-up.

As someone who used to work in one of those offices overlooking the race track,
Me as well sir , I was lucky to be working in Suntec Tower 5 for 2 years and we had view of one of the turns from our office itself ( 17th floor ).
The roar of engines could be heard that far clearly, and it was really fascinating.

Awesome thread, really detailed review

Last edited by silverado : 26th September 2016 at 18:04.
silverado is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2016, 18:30   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado View Post
Me as well sir , I was lucky to be working in Suntec Tower 5 for 2 years and we had view of one of the turns from our office itself ( 17th floor ).
The roar of engines could be heard that far clearly, and it was really fascinating.
Good to hear that, I was working in Millennia Tower(31st Floor) so we probably had a better view
nitishk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2016, 18:44   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by frostbite911 View Post
Now coming to F1; I'm an ardent fan of McLaren Honda. Yes, I supported them throughout 2015, one of their most dismal years. I am a huge Jenson Button fan as well. He has been and will continue to be a role model for many people. Loved watching him race for BAR Honda during his early years and his mega drive during the 2011 Canadian GP is my all-time favorite.

JB's announcement in Monza was well foreseen but hit me hard when it came from the horse's mouth :( . Very interesting approach by McLaren with their 'Three Driver Strategy' for the next two years. Stoffel looks very promising and Alonso is a two-time world champion. The McLaren driver line-up looks strong for next year, but it will not be the same without JB!

He insists it's not a retirement (My mind says it's his last season, heart says otherwise). Nevertheless, I am getting the opportunity to see him race LIVE!
I salute you for standing by McLaren during their difficult times.
Me too long time McLaren fan (Although I remember getting fascinated by reading about Ayrton in the dominating Mc-Honda, I started following them closely since Mika's days with them)
Hopefully 2017 will be different with Honda having a lot more freedom without the stupid token restrictions.
I am very keenly following the journey that Honda is making through these couple of years as the technology in F1 is changing rapidly.
The old masters are having to dig deep into their reserves and learn some new tricks and re-visit some of their old resources (including retired F1 maestros) in order to get back to the front.
Their Milton Keynes facility has been expanded to include more European staff and possibly supply more teams as well.
Success will come to them as I see the relationship between McLaren and Honda is based on mutual respect and they are working methodically towards their goal of victory.
Both their drivers have been very mature about the situation they are in currently.
Hope to see the Samurai standing on the podium sooner than later.

Last edited by jfxavier : 26th September 2016 at 18:50.
jfxavier is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th September 2016, 10:49   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfxavier View Post
I salute you for standing by McLaren during their difficult times.
Me too long time McLaren fan (Although I remember getting fascinated by reading about Ayrton in the dominating Mc-Honda, I started following them closely since Mika's days with them)
Hopefully 2017 will be different with Honda having a lot more freedom without the stupid token restrictions.
I am very keenly following the journey that Honda is making through these couple of years as the technology in F1 is changing rapidly.
The old masters are having to dig deep into their reserves and learn some new tricks and re-visit some of their old resources (including retired F1 maestros) in order to get back to the front.
Their Milton Keynes facility has been expanded to include more European staff and possibly supply more teams as well.
Success will come to them as I see the relationship between McLaren and Honda is based on mutual respect and they are working methodically towards their goal of victory.
Both their drivers have been very mature about the situation they are in currently.
Hope to see the Samurai standing on the podium sooner than later.
I couldn't have said it better myself Let's wait and see!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks