Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th July 2017, 14:37   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: 2017 Formula 1 British GP - Silverstone

Apart from the terrible luck for the Ferrari, the result was something expected. Mercedes were expected to show their peak performance at Silverstone as it best suits their LWB car. Kimi being able to keep up with Lewis through the earlier part of the race shows that the Ferrari is not too far away as the results indicate. Compared to last year where the Ferrari was beaten badly by both Mercedes and Redbull, this year results are promising.

However, the Budapest circuit will be a strong indicator for how rest of the season would transpire as the top 3 are bringing lot of updates. Should be a good championship this year! I really hope that Mercedes don't run away with everything without a fight!

Last edited by anachronix : 18th July 2017 at 14:42.
anachronix is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th July 2017, 09:44   #32
BHPian

Ferrari reserve driver Antonio Giovinazzi, racked up further Formula 1 mileage as he completed Pirelli tyre testing with Haas at Silverstone on Tuesday.

Pirelli is permitted 25 days of in-season running in order to hone its products, and all 10 teams have opted to assist with testing this year, sampling 2018 prototype rubber. Lesson learned from the Vettel's test of 2017 rubber.

The tests are carried out 'blind', meaning neither driver nor team is aware of the compounds being used, while data will be shared between all squads.

Giovinazzi shared the circuit with Williams rookie Lance Stroll, with the Grove-based team also conducting tyre testing on behalf of Pirelli at Silverstone.

Both Haas and Williams will continue at Silverstone on Wednesday, while McLaren is scheduled to carry out two days of wet tyre testing at Magny-Cours on Wednesday and Thursday.
Old 19th July 2017, 14:35   #33
BANNED

I really felt sad for the Prancing Horse. They really deserved a 2-3 finish. Doing all the hard work and then both cars having tyre failures. I did not recall any high tyre wear issues with Ferraris.
Old 19th July 2017, 15:58   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
I really felt sad for the Prancing Horse. They really deserved a 2-3 finish. Doing all the hard work and then both cars having tyre failures. I did not recall any high tyre wear issues with Ferraris.
Probably expected rain and ran a higher downforce setting. Causing higher wear on the tyres when compared to the others?
ashwin.terminat is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks