Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport

Search this Thread
Old 29th October 2017, 20:47   #16
BHPian

Ocon outqualified Ricciardo, and was 2 tenths away from Räikkönen. Now that is a strong performance. Impressive qualifying by Ocon, he seems to be getting better GP by GP.

Also Grosjean must be regretting leaving Lotus and signing Haas. Losing to Sauber on merit is pretty disappointing.
Old 29th October 2017, 23:08   #17
BHPian

Last time Seb got close to Max it didn't go well.
Last time Seb got close to Max in Mexico it didn't go well either.
Being a Ferrari fan I think I have fair reasons to be afraid.

Confirmation of Hartley's and Ricciardo's penalty

It's a shame Ricciardo will get a grid penalty, I would have loved to see if Ocon could keep him behind. This is probably Ocon's best chance for a podium if his start is good, we saw how difficult it was to pass a Mercedes engine last year with Perez & Massa.
Old 29th October 2017, 23:51   #18
BHPian

Re: Formula 1 - The 2017 Mexican GP

Anyone else here left high and dry by hotstar? I stay in a PG and can only see formula 1 on my cellphone. I even pay for a subscription. For whatever reason they are not line streaming the race today and this makes me furious right now!
Old 30th October 2017, 02:50   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Lewis Hamilton wins fourth world title at Mexican Grand Prix

Lewis Hamilton wins fourth world title at Mexican Grand Prix

Formula 1 - The 2017 Mexican GP-4706.jpg

Formula 1 - The 2017 Mexican GP-2576.jpg

Congratulations to Hamilton for his 4th world drivers championship. A well deserved one, but unlucky that he didn't get a chance to win today and win the championship in style .

It was a boring race in front with 50+ seconds splitting P1-P3 and another 16+ seconds to P4.

As usual, it was really a aggressive move by Verstappen to move ahead of Vettel.

It was nice to see that small fight between Hamilton and Alonso for P9.

And another good race for Ocon, a very consistent year for him.

Formula 1 - The 2017 Mexican GP-result.jpg

Last edited by arun_josie : 30th October 2017 at 03:01.
arun_josie is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th October 2017, 02:52   #20
Senior - BHPian

After a well fought campaign helmed by Vettel as their lead driver, it was not to be for Ferrari who had a scrappy start. Verstappen on the second row behind Vettel and it seems to always end with Ferrari losing bits of body work. Would have been great to see the race unfold with all three of them race each other. However given the race pace of the sole Red Bull today it may have been difficult for Mercedes or Ferrari to challenge.

After the debacle last year it was a great turn around for Ferrari this year to fight for the championship. However they looked scrappy through out the season, winning by sheer grit and good pace in the race. The car never had that solidity that the Red Bulls of yore and the present Silver Arrows have. The car was lacking in qualifying and it seems that their effort to improve qualifying trim wreaked havoc with what was a great car in races. However the couple of DNFs in the last races sounded the death knell for their campaign. As it is even the second place for Vettel is under threat by Botttas. Would Mercedes rally around Bottas to make it a clear sweep?

The tussle between Alonso and Hamilton was one of the best of this year. Hope that Alonso has a great car next year. Would love to see him up against Verstappen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scuderiamania View Post
Anyone else here left high and dry by hotstar? I stay in a PG and can only see formula 1 on my cellphone. I even pay for a subscription. For whatever reason they are not line streaming the race today and this makes me furious right now!
Worked fine for me. Have a broadband connection though. And the race start was at 00:30. Hotstar starts 5 minutes before the race.

Drive on,
Shibu.
shibujp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2017, 02:55   #21
BHPian

Lewis Hamilton wins the 2017 World Drivers Championship after finishing 9th on the Mexican GP and his title rival Sebastian Vettel finishes 4th behind Kimi and Bottas respectively. And Max Verstappen wins the Grand Prix Comfortably after taking the lead in turn 2.

Top drive from Seb from last to P4, Hope we have an even better Championship next year.
glikithvinayaka is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2017, 13:59   #22
BHPian

Just finished watching the re-run of the race. It was nice to watch fights up and down the positions and in most parts of the race.
Congratulations Hamilton! 4th World Championship - most championships won by a Briton. Almost half of Michael Schumacher's 7. What a man!
Happy to see Max win the race (feeling so bad for him the attention was completing on Lewis) Also glad to see both the Force Indias finishing with good points, definitely secure 4th Place in constructors, Williams 101 points below. But a herculean task to dislodge Redbull at 3rd and 340 points.
What will 2018 bring?
Old 30th October 2017, 16:10   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by glikithvinayaka View Post
Lewis Hamilton wins the 2017 World Drivers Championship after finishing 9th on the Mexican GP and his title rival Sebastian Vettel finishes 4th behind Kimi and Bottas respectively. And Max Verstappen wins the Grand Prix Comfortably after taking the lead in turn 2.

Top drive from Seb from last to P4, Hope we have an even better Championship next year.
It indeed was a pretty good drive by Seb and hope Ferrari are as reliable next year as Mercs were this year.

By the way, your username sounded familiar and then it hit me, i've seen you around in the F1 subreddit.
Old 30th October 2017, 17:41   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a*ed View Post
It indeed was a pretty good drive by Seb and hope Ferrari are as reliable next year as Mercs were this year.
Absolutely, the Mercedes looks bulletproof this season other than some problem with the diffuser yesterday.

Quote:
By the way, your username sounded familiar and then it hit me, i've seen you around in the F1 subreddit.
Hey there, looks like I'm pretty famous, haha Just kidding. Yeah I'm from the F1 sub, but have reduced my activity there in the past few weeks, I just can't handle the toxic comments and oozing hate over there. Anyway, nice to see someone from there on Team-bhp. Sorry, but I don't recognise you, maybe because have a different username? And please tell me you're not Kimiquokka
Old 30th October 2017, 18:10   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by glikithvinayaka View Post
Absolutely, the Mercedes looks bulletproof this season other than some problem with the diffuser yesterday.
There was no problem with diffuser as such. Vettel took a part of it at turn 3

https://www.crash.net/f1/news/886569...ed-clash-wolff

Cheers!
Old 30th October 2017, 19:21   #26
Senior - BHPian

Congratulations to Mercedez and Hamilton. Well deserved! The fight for the title for Vettel ended after Singapore and Malaysia. There never was a comeback from there. Japan was the final blow to seal the deal for Mercedez.

Sad to see it all fall away for the Scuderia but they will finish 2nd and nobody could have guessed that at the start of the year. Hopefully they have something to show next year. A proper duel between Vettel and Hamilton will be great to watch. Add Max to that equation and it'll bring back the viewership that F1 desperately needs.

Hope Ferrari can dominate the remaining two races and salvage some pride.
Old 30th October 2017, 19:26   #27
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by myavu View Post
There was no problem with diffuser as such. Vettel took a part of it at turn 3

https://www.crash.net/f1/news/886569...ed-clash-wolff

Cheers!
Well, the I stand corrected.

But to take out left half of the diffuser, wow! Must have been an ugly contact than what it seemed.
But Vettel oversteered and had a moment there, nothing anyone could do. The stewards must have deemed it as a racing incident, that must be the reason they didn't do further investigation.

Most Viewed