Team-BHP - Formula 1: The 2018 Spanish Grand Prix
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Int'l Motorsport (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/intl-motorsport/)
-   -   Formula 1: The 2018 Spanish Grand Prix (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/intl-motorsport/198424-formula-1-2018-spanish-grand-prix.html)

FORMULA 1 GRAN PREMIO DE ESPAŅA EMIRATES 2018

Formula 1: The 2018 Spanish Grand Prix-start.jpg

Formula 1: The 2018 Spanish Grand Prix-f12017sebastianvettelferrarisf70h.jpg

Formula 1: The 2018 Spanish Grand Prix-ham.jpg

Formula 1: The 2018 Spanish Grand Prix-danielricciardoredbullracingrb13.jpg

Track Layout

Formula 1: The 2018 Spanish Grand Prix-track-layout-spain.jpg

Track Information

Formula 1: The 2018 Spanish Grand Prix-track-information-spain.jpg

Race Timings

Formula 1: The 2018 Spanish Grand Prix-timinig.jpg

Tyre Selection

Formula 1: The 2018 Spanish Grand Prix-tyre.jpg

Additional Information

Spanish GP marks the beginning of European F1 season. Teams usually bring major updates at this race which can have big impact on race results. Safety Car has been the chief strategist for last 3 out of 4 races. Hopefully safety car doesn't play a big role in this race. Coming to the top 3 teams

Ferrari - They would still want to convert a solid qualifying performance to strong race result

Mercedes - Merc would want to find the solution for their lack of pace and understanding of the new "Diva"

Redbull - Hopefully there have been enough conversation to calm down both the drivers (specially Verstappen). They need a strong result without incidents to keep themselves as real championship challengers.

For further information - https://www.formula1.com/en/champion...018/Spain.html

Race and all other sessions will be telecast on Star Sport Select 2 HD/Star Sport Select 2

Image Credits - Motorsport.com and Formula1.com

Practise 1 results:
1 Valtteri Bottas 1'18.148
2 Lewis Hamilton 1'18.997
3 Sebastian Vettel 1'19.098
4 Max Verstappen 1'19.187
5 Kimi Raikkonen 1'19.499
6 Fernando Alonso 1'19.858
7 Daniel Ricciardo 1'19.871
8 Romain Grosjean 1'19.906
9 Stoffel Vandoorne 1'20.083
10 Pierre Gasly 1'20.508
11 Kevin Magnussen 1'20.637
12 Charles Leclerc 1'20.665
13 Sergio Perez 1'20.924
14 Marcus Ericsson 1'20.984
15 Carlos Sainz 1'21.053
16 Esteban Ocon 1'21.144
17 Nico Hulkenberg 1'21.159
18 Brendon Hartley 1'21.373
19 Robert Kubica 1'21.510
20 Lance Stroll 1'22.756

Spanish GP first practice final classification

Formula 1: The 2018 Spanish Grand Prix-1526036155791.jpg

Looks like the changes Pirelli brought in on Mercedes request is helping mercs a lot. It is important to note Mercedes haven't got much upgrades for Spain as the other teams. But they have got the ones they needed(Pirelli). Apparently Ferrari seems to be furious with the change in tyre composition that Mercedes asked for.

Lets see how the rest of the prescribe sessions pan out.

My Tata Sky is not working as our building is undergoing repairs. The scaffolding and safety nets are blocking the signal.

How may I watch the qualifying and race?

Please give me some alternative/s.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers

2018 Spanish Grand Prix Free Practice 2 Final Classification

Formula 1: The 2018 Spanish Grand Prix-1526050207401.jpg

Looks like the McLaren upgrades is just not good enough. Eric Boullier should stop making false promises to Alonso and to the fans- First saying Honda is the only fault and their chassis is top notch; and now promising Spanish GP upgrades will bring them up to the leaders mark. Hats off to Alonso for putting up with this. Lets just hope they put up a good show for the rest of the weekend.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyborg (Post 4399185)
How may I watch the qualifying and race?
Please give me some alternative/s.

You can watch it live on hotstar. If you have Amazon firestick, then you can watch it on your TV as well, using hotstar.

This is just one of the alternatives, as some people also manage to find a reliable web stream, but I wouldn't know much of that. Hope this helps.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RWD (Post 4399203)
You can watch it live on hotstar.

Thanks a lot RWD.

I just downloaded Hotstar, tried a trial run with the IPL match between RR/CSK and did a screen mirroring from my phone to the TV. Works like a charm clap:
Does Hotstar show qualifying live also?

Does Hotstar show Moto GP too?

Appreciate your prompt reply :thumbs up

Cheers

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyborg (Post 4399224)
Thanks a lot RWD.

I just downloaded Hotstar, tried a trial run with the IPL match between RR/CSK and did a screen mirroring from my phone to the TV. Works like a charm clap:
Does Hotstar show qualifying live also?

Does Hotstar show Moto GP too?

Appreciate your prompt reply :thumbs up

Cheers

Yes, hotstar streams both quali and race. Since hotstar belongs to Star Networks, only their channels are streamed. MotoGP is broadcast on Sony network. They have their own app Sonyliv.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ferrarirules (Post 4399082)
[center][b]FORMULA 1 GRAN PREMIO DE ESPAŅA EMIRATES 2018

Race Timings

Attachment 1759796

Could someone confirm the time for qualifying and telecast time on star sports select hd 2? I see that star sports lists it at 1925 - 2030 IST.

I wish to record the Q since I wouldn't be able to watch it live and the time difference is confusing.

The time for FP3 telecast is 330 PM IST. Qualifying is 630 PM IST. Race is at 640 PM IST tomorrow. All will be telecasted on Star sports select 2 HD and Non HD

Spanish GP Free Practice 3 final Classification

Formula 1: The 2018 Spanish Grand Prix-1526124610374.jpg

Everyone please remember to change your fantasy league teams(only one change is permitted), you will not be able to change it after the lights go green for Qualifiers until this weekend's race is completed.

Mercedes lock out the front row with Hamilton taking pole and Bottas trailing just by four hundredths of a second.
Ferrari lock out the second row with vettel at P3 followed by Kimi.
Alonso making it to Q3 and fighting Sainz might be a treat for the Spanish fans.

Going to be an interesting race I think thanks to the Ferraris and Mercedes starting on different tyre compounds. Interesting shift though since Mercedes looked stonger on the harder compounds in the initial part of the year.

Drive on,
Shibu

Quote:

Originally Posted by shibujp (Post 4399680)
Going to be an interesting race I think thanks to the Ferraris and Mercedes starting on different tyre compounds. Interesting shift though since Mercedes looked stonger on the harder compounds in the initial part of the year.

Drive on,
Shibu

Mercedes and Ferrari both start on the same Yellow walled medium compound tyres, on which they posted best times in Q2.
Formula 1: The 2018 Spanish Grand Prix-ddaj4okw4aaav8g.jpeg

Quote:

Originally Posted by Makin Rulesz (Post 4399693)
Mercedes and Ferrari both start on the same Yellow walled medium compound tyres, on which they posted best times in Q2.

Aren't the yellow marked tyres the "Soft" ones? The white being the "medium" apart from the red being the "supersoft" are the others available for this weekend.