Team-BHP > Motor-Sports > Int'l Motorsport
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

View Poll Results: Who will raise the premier class MotoGP 2019 Riders Championship title?
Marc Marquez 41 63.08%
Andrea Dovizsioso 8 12.31%
Valentino Rossi 14 21.54%
Maverick Vinales 1 1.54%
Jorge Lorenzo 1 1.54%
Any other (Please specify)? 0 0%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Search this Thread
Old 10th March 2019, 02:02   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: The 2019 MotoGP championship thread

Vinales , Dovizioso, Marquez will be starting from the front row at Qatar.
Rossi and Lorenzo will be starting a lowly 14th and 15th.
Good start for the PETRONAS and LCR team, both having the riders in top 12.
Attached Thumbnails
The 2019 MotoGP championship thread-d1pegdcxcay59wu.jpeg  

Last edited by fz_rider : 10th March 2019 at 02:07.
Old 10th March 2019, 19:19   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

How exactly does one watch the race on the Sony liv app? I've taken the premium subscription, but am not able to find a listing or schedule, or anything to be able to watch it live. It was the same last year, and I could only watch/find the race after the event
Old 10th March 2019, 19:35   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
How exactly does one watch the race on the Sony liv app? I've taken the premium subscription, but am not able to find a listing or schedule, or anything to be able to watch it live. It was the same last year, and I could only watch/find the race after the event
I usually go to their website and watch the live streaming. Doesn’t ask for any subscription. You might want to try it :
https://www.sonyliv.com/details/show...3419001/MotoGP
Abhi_abarth is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th March 2019, 19:37   #19
BHPian

You need to select Sports from the menu below, then select Racing followed by MotoGP. Here you find the link to the live race. Just checked and the live telecast is on.

Last edited by Scarlet_Rider : 10th March 2019 at 19:39.
Scarlet_Rider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2019, 20:02   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlet_Rider View Post
You need to select Sports from the menu below, then select Racing followed by MotoGP. Here you find the link to the live race. Just checked and the live telecast is on.
Alright. Got it. It wasn't there a couple hours ago, so the listing must be available just prior or at the start of the session then. Did not know.
Old 10th March 2019, 23:20   #21
BHPian

What a race, what a race!

Dovizioso wins followed by Marquez and Cal Crutchlow, but the race was very close between Dovi, Marc, Rins, Cal and the whole top 8 group.

Suzuki and Rins/ Mir, are going to be tough for Ducati and Honda. Not to discount the Yamaha's, but Vinales still needs to face his race-start demons!
Old 10th March 2019, 23:29   #22
BHPian

What a season opener!!
Outstanding performance by all.
All teams are looking strong. 2019 motogp is surely going to be exciting.
Happysmiles is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th March 2019, 23:52   #23
Senior - BHPian

What a heart pounding race! It was carbon copy 2018. Great to see such close racing, top 5 finishing the race within half a second. Shoutout to Crutchlow, finishing on podium after a horrible crash last season.
Hope it will be a cracker of season, and close racing all through out the season.
Old 11th March 2019, 04:15   #24
BHPian

Although it is too early to speculate, I really feel like Dovizioso will come out on top this season. He has a real chance with the power of the Ducati and he clearly knows how to put it to use.

No matter what it is going to be an insane battle at the front between the Ducatis, Hondas and Suzukis. Rins had a proper chance at the podium only if he would have saved a bit of tyre for the end of the race.
Old 11th March 2019, 10:21   #25
Senior - BHPian

A picture speaks a thousand words, they said.

The 2019 MotoGP championship thread-xotadijg3dl21.jpg

Well said!

The Suzukis were mighty impressive. Will definitely have to watch out for them for some of the twisty tracks like Motegi. Good to see Dovi and Marc enjoying the competition enough to share a hug after the race. Won't be the last time we'll see these two slugging it out at the sharp end of the pack.
Old 11th March 2019, 10:41   #26
BHPian

Surprising to see not one mention in the previous comments about a 40 year old who starts 14th on the grid with a sub standard bike and finishes in 5th, just 0.6 seconds from the winner. I think he was the guy who had the best race among all.
killjoy is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th March 2019, 11:35   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by killjoy View Post
Surprising to see not one mention in the previous comments about a 40 year old who starts 14th on the grid with a sub standard bike and finishes in 5th, just 0.6 seconds from the winner. I think he was the guy who had the best race among all.
Ditto.
When the race began, I watched it just to see if Marquez could be subdued. All the hoopla was about the Ducati, and the suzuki. MM was more or less where one expected him.
But what a ride by VR46! From 14th, with known tyre issues, to finish within a second of the leader-board. I feel this bike is more competitive than the last year.

The power of the ducati is a sight!

If Suzuki can find just a few more bhp, I think that bike and Rins are capable of demolishing the rest. It turns as if the corner's banked!
mayankk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2019, 11:41   #28
BHPian

What a race it was. A true nail biting finish with as many as 8 riders all vying for the top spot. Before Petrucci and Vinales dropped off the contention, it looked as though one error from leaders was all that was needed to tilt the leaderboard completely. Dovi looked extremely focused all through out. He looks extremely resolute to fulfill his championship ambition.

As for Marquez, he never looked threatened by all the riders going around him. There are mindgames to be played this season and Dovi seems to have indicated he is up for it. Will be very interesting to see how Marquez responds.

Suzuki is a dark horse this season. Alex Rins got carried away mid-race trying to build up the lead not realising that others were pacing themselves in tyre conservation mode. Him and Mir look like they will put up a strong fight this season.

I love the way Cal speaks and I love the way he rides. All he needs is good ride and some luck by his side. I am surprised Cal hasn't landed a factory racing team yet, any reason why?

I am personally rooting for Rossi and it is frustrating to see Yamaha still not able to give him a competitive ride. In spite of that, Rossi showed why he is among the best in business by weaving up from 14th place to be within striking distance of podium. I personally would like to see Rossi win 10th title before bowing out but season looks like it is shaping up to be brutal.
ksameer1234 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th March 2019, 20:37   #29
Senior - BHPian

So round 2 of MotoGP is upon us. After the shenanigans of last years race, I wonder how this year will pan out. The weather looks unsettled with a 50% chance of rain on Sunday. I hope it stays away.

Really keen to see how no 99's potential on the Honda RCV. Marc's race pace was head and shoulders above all during the 2018 race, so I consider him one of the favourites. Both the riders are recovering from injuries, Marc from the invasive shoulder operation and Jorge from his wrist and fractured ribs from the Qatar GP spills. These guys are made of different material, all of them.

Will Ducati's subframe aero appendage deemed legal, I expect to see more factories bringing their own version at this race, or beginning of the European rounds at the latest. Ducati have not been particularly strong here, but this year Desmosedici is a much improved beast. So lets see what Dovi and Petrux can do.

Yamaha's pace is still unknown, after setting the pace in much of the winter testing and a convincing pole in Qatar, Maverick should hope for a good result. Provided he can ride in a group and not alone as his riding style warrants. Rossi being Rossi will be there or thereabouts come race day.

I am particularly keen on seeing Suzuki's pace here, had Rins managed to eke out a gap at Qatar, I am sure he would have disappeared in the distance. Mir is an exciting prospect on the Suzuki.

Cal Crutchlow won the chaotic race last year after a battle with Zarco, but I do not expect him to trouble to podium this year.

Aleix Espargaro is a superb rider and has often place the Aprilia higher than it expected. And this year's bike is much better than last years pig. Iannone is another unknown. He has to deliver, soon.

KTM can only hope Zarco starts feeling comfortable on the beast. Pol has tuned his riding style to suit the KTM so I would expect him to lead the charge from the orange brigade. I highly rate Miguel Olivera, and his pace was very close to the factory boys. I expect Hafiz S to finish close to the bottom.

After all the hype during the winter tests and strong qualifying at Qatar, Fabio Quattararo would hope his nerves have calmed down. Franco Morbidelli has been overshadowed by the young rookie but he is a great rider, I rate him highly, expect him to finish strong here.

The Pramac Ducati boys too would hope for a straightforward weekend. Pecco Bagnaia's race was almost over as soon as it started due to wings damage and Miller had a loose seat. I expect good things from Pecco, Miller is known to throw the bike away at the scenery.

Whatever happens, we race fans are guaranteed a great race. Bring it on boys....

Last edited by hiren.mistry : 28th March 2019 at 20:40.
hiren.mistry is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2019, 00:23   #30
Senior - BHPian

Marquez goes for another pole. Alongside him will Vinales and Dovizioso. The two riders who have good race pace Miller and Crutchlow start someway back. Shock of the session was both Suzuki's not going into Q2.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks